main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social What is your first memory of Star Wars?

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Sep 23, 2012.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I went to one late afternoon AOTC showing at the local 10-screen cinema and had the room all to myself. It was great!

Fifi Kenobi and DarthIshyZ like this.
  2. Fifi Kenobi

Fifi Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2019
    I was 16 and went to see Star Wars in June of 1977 on a rainy day. I saw it subsequently 13 times after that in theaters. I had the sticker book they gave us at the first showing and collected the baseball cards. I wrote fanfic too. It was life changing - the effects, how it was shot. I was also a big LOTR and Sci Fi fanatic and a musician - so the JW score was also a huge part of my passion.

3. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    My first memory was of my father and I sitting down in our garage which was converted into a den to watch the Original Trilogy on VHS. I remember when I first saw Vader, the fear he invoked, and the heroism of Luke, who became my favorite character till The Prequels. Lightsabers were not easy to come by then, there was no such thing as Amazon, or The Internet. So I took cardboard paper towel rolls and colored two, one green blade and the other blue; I also used this thermometer in our spa, and pretended it was a lightsaber hilt. Later I’d got a Luke Skywalker Green ROTJ Electronic Light Up Lightsaber, which I would treasure, until the dark side called and I got Vader’s Electronic Light Up Saber (see pic below). :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
  4. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    In terms of what I can remember, I remember owning a SW OT blanket when I was little. I was still way too young to have seen the OT films during their initial run (was born the year ANH came out). I did see the Special Edition releases of the trilogy in '97. Now that was a spectacular event. I was a college Sophomore, but I came home to watch all three movies with my dad at a local big screen theater that's no longer around. There were lines well through the parking lot just to get in; and of course plenty of people dressed up.
    [​IMG]

(and yes I own this poster)