main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social What is your first memory of Star Wars?

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Sep 23, 2012.

1. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I think my first memory of Star Wars is the scene where Luke tell Leia about their shared parentage.

I also vaguely recall the force ghosts.

That's about the only actual recollection I have of the first time I watched a Star Wars film, which was ROTJ.

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  2. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Let's see, my first experience with Star Wars when I was a wee Aspie of 5 or so. I watched the Ewok spin offs on Disney, and I was convinced she had to help Bastian from the Neverending Story or something to that affect (long story that). I had a very active imagination and the lack of writing skills to come up with a excellent fanfiction so I would tell it to myself as a sort of one person LARP.

DarthIshyZ and Emperor Ferus like this.
  3. Rappa Retus

Rappa Retus Jedi Youngling

Dec 13, 2016
    I know it's weird but my first memory of Star Wars is not about a movie, as a matter of fact when I was 5 or 6 my dad bought me a star wars lego video game, and that's how I got into this world.

4. Rosa Lui

Rosa Lui Jedi Knight

Dec 19, 2016
    I saw the re-release of ANH in theaters when I was a kid.

I remember nothing from that first viewing except Obi-Wan collapsing into a pile of robes as he died, and for nearly the next twenty years, that's just what I thought lightsabers did? Disintegrate you. Immediately, upon contact. : P

I watched the trilogy properly for the first time last year, in preparation for TFA. Needless to say, the whole lightsaber thing made a lot more sense after that.

5. onqun

onqun Jedi Knight

Apr 7, 2016
    I saw some star wars merchandise back in 2007 and I thought how can people love this thing?8-}
    2 years later I saw star wars on tv I fell in love with it.Now I can't think a life without star wars

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  6. DAH

DAH Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2017
    My first memory of Star War's was in the early 90's at the age of 8, when my Mum's best friend borrowed me her partners video copy's of the trilogy.......as she couldnt believe id never seen them.....she borrowed me them, and I fell in love with the films, and luckily split up with her partner the next week.....so she said I could keep them!! oh yeah!!!...AND NOW 22 YEARS...I still have them.... [​IMG]

7. Togrutan_Sith

Togrutan_Sith Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 8, 2016
    Playing this game was my first memory of SW I think

This or the ps2 version. Then I saw the movie ROTS and really delved into SW :)

8. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    My brother had the Return of the Jedi: The Storybook Based on the Movie. I can remember looking at all the pictures in that when I was 6 or 7. He had some toys too: an X-Wing, the Ewok village and the most random assortment of figures (2-1b, IG-88, an AT-ST driver). I had no idea what the toys were from though. The first time I saw the movies I was probably 8 or 9 back in the early 90s when USA Network would play the original trilogy over a Wednesday to Friday period. I had a friend in my class who lent me the novelization of A New Hope. That got me hooked on the books then too.

DarthIshyZ and Emperor Ferus like this.
  9. Iteote

Iteote Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2017
    One of my brothers and I pretended to be "the black mask" (Darth Vader)

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  10. Vader0706

Vader0706 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2017
    First memory of SW - being at a theatre and watching TPM (I was 6 years old). I think it was also the first memory of me in a cinema - it was either TPM or The Matrix. Also a specific shot of TPM - the palace in Naboo.

11. Bithlistener

Bithlistener Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 27, 2016
    My first was when I watched A New Hope in the theater when I was six years old

12. Zeible

Zeible Jedi Youngling

Feb 8, 2017
    Mine was seeing Luke duel Vader for the last time aboard the second Death Star. (I know I grew up seeing all the movies, I just remember Return of the Jedi strongest, for those scenes with Luke, Vader, and the Emperor)

13. Snax Rebo

Snax Rebo Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2017
    My first memory of Star Wars was seeing the Rancor Pit scene as a little kid around 2003. I was absolutely terrified and ran into another room until he was off-screen.

14. Zenwalker

Zenwalker Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Gonna show my age here. My oldest memory is of when Luke first visited Dagobah. It was in summer of 1980, when the world was blessed with ESB. I was 6 years old. Been hooked ever since.

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  15. Mandalore Rising

Mandalore Rising Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 5, 2017
    Mine was kind of weird. It was in '78 and I was 5. We saw the film at a drive inn. I don't remember anything from the actual movie itself. But I had the storybooks and such at home, so my mother would read them to me at night, which is how I knew the story of A New Hope. Almost all the toys I had were Star Wars, including the Luke with the yellow lightsaber (why yellow exactly?). However the first time I remembered actually watching a SW film in the theater was my dad came to pick me up at school and took me to see The Empire Strikes Back and I got to sit in the balcony. It was a lot of fun. Sorry for the almost book length response. :)

DarthIshyZ and Ananta Chetan like this.
  16. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    It had to have been a VHS viewing around the mid nineties. I recall seeing 'Jedi' while being babysat while my sister was in the hospital.

17. master_ kuato

master_ kuato Jedi Padawan

Feb 7, 2017
    Watching The Empire Strikes Back on Saturday night on ABC. I remember saying, “He’s his dad?!” to my parents. I remember standing right there in the living room next to the fish tank looking into the kitchen and just being dumbfounded.

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  18. Jar-Jar Binks

Jar-Jar Binks SWC Late Show With JJB Host star 8 VIP - Game Host

Nov 17, 2016
    I found a copy of Star Wars at a neighbors house as a kid the VHS cover alone won me over and then I saw the movie and that was that.

19. Winama Shiraya

Winama Shiraya Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 3, 2017
    My first memory was my dad putting on all three OT movies and watching them back to back one Saturday afternoon when I was three. It's not a clear memory, because I wasn't paying attention, but I do remember seeing these flashing lights going across the screen (lasers and lightsabers) and wondering what the big hairy guy was saying (Chewie).

(I'm kind of envious that my dad's first Star Wars memory was seeing ANH at a drive-in. Sometimes we miss out by being born too late. :p).

20. BenYodaDagobah

BenYodaDagobah Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2016
    Lots of good ones in here.

I'd say it was when I was about 3 (1998/1999). I watched TESB (VHS with the Stormtrooper head and purple title) just about every day after getting home from kindergarten. I had a small Obi-Wan lightsaber that came with his TPM action figure that I used to recreate Luke grabbing his lightsaber in the Wampa cave. I would lie on the couch and reach out to use the Force then slowly inch my way closer until I could pick it up. I still haven't watched those George Lucas interviews that played before the movies; I always fast forwarded them.

Other early memories include playing with all my action figures and toys. The crowd control Stormtrooper with the huge rocket booster, Luke in Imperial guard disguise, and Micromachines Death Star playset with launching probe droid were some of my favorites. Also playing Super TESB and Super ROTJ on the Super Nintendo. I never got past Dagobah or the gate at Jabba's Palace. I still remember the "Mynock Cave" cue and ROTJ trap theme playing throughout the levels and the ROTJ game over/continue screen with the Emperor's theme and laugh.

21. BenYodaDagobah

BenYodaDagobah Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2016
    Hours of this growing up.

22. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    Is that Leia beating people up with her chain?! [face_hypnotized]

23. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    I remember watching it on tv in a pizza place in Cincinnati, OH sometime in 79 or 80. I fell in love with it and begged to go see Empire when it came out.

Anakin.Skywalker likes this.
  24. Isley_27

Isley_27 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2016
    I was 10 years old when I first saw Star Wars. My dad had brought home a bunch of VHS tapes home from his job. Me and my brother were looking through them trying to find something cool to watch, when we came across Return of the Jedi. At first we didn't think it was going to be to be good, according to 10 and 8 year old standards. Then we saw Luke pull out a lightsaber and we were hooked from then on.

DarthIshyZ and Anakin.Skywalker like this.
  25. jedi_knight Swagmaster

jedi_knight Swagmaster Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2017
    my first memery was when i was 3. at that age and me first seeing a new hope was like a vision of my future. '07 was a good year 4 me