main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion What is your greatest hope about Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Pro Scoundrel , Jul 3, 2013.

1. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    Like I've said before, I don't mind Boba Fett being alive... just offscreen, retired, sipping mojitos on the GFFA's Tropical Beach Planet.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  2. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I hope Episode 7,8, and 9 follows somewhat of the eu. I hope it if does not follow the Eu, make it suceeded it and hopefully make it worthy of the name of Star wars.

But personally I think we are going to have the sequel trilogy be its own saga and the eu will still be around, just like the Clone wars show and the other six movies and lucas said the books play some role just not added to the films.

3. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Wow, the Boba Fett discussion is in like 3 threads now. That's a lot of hope. Maybe this Saga isn't about the Skywalkers. :)

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  4. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    We pretty much know the Skywalkers and Solos will be there so time to move on to other characters.

5. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I was just kidding around, man. :)

6. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    You know, I do hope that the Saga isn't JUST about the Skywalkers and the Solos. The GFFA is simply too big and it should move on from the heroes of the OT and eventually even their descendants.

7. Mr. K

Mr. K Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 1999
    The ST should remain consistent with the saga's established Skywalker story arc. I'm really interested to see what direction the spin-off movies go.

Sarge and Force Smuggler like this.
  8. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Since Darth_Xeres mentioned in the fear thread their fear of Denning writing the ST novelizations, in this thread I am going to mention my hope that Stover will write the ST novelizations.

9. DeviantSpirit

DeviantSpirit Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    My greatest hope seems likely enough to be realized, thankfully: a brand new John Williams Star Wars score. For me, that is the most important returning element. I'll be ridiculously happy to see Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, and Harrison Ford again, but Williams embody's the soul of Star Wars and is(and will be) irreplaceable.

10. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    After posting on another thread, I've come to the realisation that I really hope that the ST will be a decisive continuation of the saga. I hope the ST isn't just attached onto the PT and OT for the sake of it. I hope for one big glorious story EPI thru EPIX.

11. I_Love_Scotch

I_Love_Scotch Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 2, 2013
    I honestly still don't get the obsession with Boba Fett. Jango was a hack, Boba was a hack, and they both went out like wussies.

12. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    [​IMG]

13. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Wrong thread, but you're totally right.

14. Carbon1985

Carbon1985 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2013
    You didn't hear the rumor of Marty McFett being a bounty hunter in Episode 7, the grandson of Jango Fett and nephew of Marty McFly? :p

15. squir1y

squir1y Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2003
    I hope it gives us a few things for SW fans to joke about. Maybe a scene of Chewie walking out of the "fresher". Think of all the crazy meme's you could make with that?! Haha kidding

I want what everyone else wants: a good story, likeable characters, cool visuals, awesome music, some blaster fights, a lightsaber duel or two and an epic space battle. I get this, I leave the theater with a smile and a new movie to love.

VanishingReality likes this.
  16. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    Plus, they have nothing on Cad Bane. Bane is the epitome of a badass bounty hunter.

Darth Archimage likes this.
  17. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    I like Duros, but I thought they were green, not blue.

18. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    Some are, some aren't.

darklordoftech likes this.
  19. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Tell me what color a human being is, and I'll tell you what color a Duros being is.

20. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    My Galaxy view is too small. I need to get out of this small town system.

InterestingLurker and Sarge like this.
  21. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Wow, great thread.

My greatest hope is that the big three will have good roles (that don't seem forced or too abrupt,) the new characters will make us feel like we can't imagine Star Wars without them, and that I'll leave the theater with that same giddy feel I had seeing Jedi for the first time, and the urge to see the movie again I had seeing RotS for the first time.

22. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I hope somebody will mention that the Empire died with Palpatine.

23. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    My greatest hope is for a female protagonist...

...and an end to those statements that SW is obviously for boys.

24. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I could't agree more!

25. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004

Isn't that what the spinoffs are for? This will be number 7 of 9 in one story, the Skywalker saga.:)