main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What jedi would you have liked to have been trained by and why

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Jedi Knight88, Dec 23, 2021.

1. Jedi Knight88

Jedi Knight88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2018
    I have given this alot of thought and although I love Revan I think I would have to choose Odan Urr being the jedi fanboy that I am I think he would have alot to teach about the jedi.

2. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    Obi-Wan would be a friend as well as a teacher, and that would be an important quality I’d look for.

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    If during the PT, I like Qui-Gon because he's outside the box. ;)

After ROTJ, Luke FTW. [face_love] This is because his Jedi Order is forging new structure of training, e.g., not taking younglings from their families and scrapping the no-attachment rule. :p

Emperor Ferus and Sarge like this.
  4. Seldes_Katne

Seldes_Katne Force Ghost star 3

Mar 18, 2002
    Shaak Ti. She seems as though she would be a patient teacher, and I would like to learn her wisdom and compassion.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2021
    Anakin Solo Skywalker likes this.
  5. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    QGJ. Given the choice between obeying the Jedi council and following the will of the Force, he chooses the Force. I believe Luke would be very similar, at least before the ST.

6. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    ALL Very good answers

7. The Emotional Jedi

The Emotional Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

May 18, 2021
    For the PT Era I goes with Qui-Gon or Shaak Ti. For the post-ROTJ Era I goes with Luke.

Darth Dnej likes this.
  8. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    Both Qui-Gon and Shaak Ti seem to popular choices.

9. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    Ulic Qel Droma. He knows the folly of the dark path, how you become the puppet of the Sith and he was severed from The Force, so he knows how to be a Jedi without that connection: to still trust the Light, even when you can’t feel it.

Jedi Knight88 likes this.
  10. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    My answer is obvious to most, but I like the 'devil may care' attitude whilst staying in the light the Kyp reflects. He's head strong and knows what's got to be done and just does it. No spending weeks talking about. That's me and I feel I would relate well and work well with that kind of Master.

Kato Sai and Jedi Knight88 like this.
  11. Hawke

Hawke Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 4, 2021
    Obi-Wan for sure.

12. Biel Ductavis

Biel Ductavis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2015
    I'd like to be trained by either Obi Wan, Luke or Mara Jade.

Kato Sai likes this.
  13. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Mara Jade would be my second choice after Ulic Qel Droma.

“Yeah, it's true. Now tell me who blabbed so I can go cut his head off."
    ―Mara's response to a couple of Jedi trainees questioning her past as an Emperor's Hand

Love Mara! :D

Jedi Knight88 and Darth Caliban like this.
  14. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
  15. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    I want a Jedi Master like that. :p

16. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    Controversial answer, but Vergere. In different circumstances to Jacen(I don't fancy being tortured) but she seems like a master I would both click with and work well under.

17. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    KOTOR: Meetra Surik. She's learned and experienced so much.
    End of the Old Republic/Clone Wars: Shaak Ti. Compassionate and experienced.
    Post-ROTJ: Luke, because he has a lot of great experience and great ideas on reforming the order.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2022
  18. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    All good choices

Kato Sai and Darth Dnej like this.
  19. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Kao Cen Darach. Both wise and practical.

20. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Interesting choice, Meetra rarely comes up as a contender.

21. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    I know what you mean she is one the few to lose Her connection to the force and then regain it.

22. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    I’ve decided Obi-Wan is who I’d like to be trained by. He is the ultimate knight, and his resolve never falters.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  23. Irredeemable Fanboy

Irredeemable Fanboy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 27, 2020
    Pre-Republic era: not a Jedi, but a Je'daii, Quan-Jang is probably the coolest, learning from him to use Je'daii alchemy would be really interesting, as this is a concept that is unique to the Je'daii, Force Alchemy that isn't inherently evil, and that can be used for multiple purposes, as potrayed in Into the Void, i think it's one of the most fascinating aspects of the Force.

Old Republic era: I agree that Odan-Urr would be the best, being a history fanboy, i would click with him instantly, we would be constantly looking at the archieves for decades unlocking the countless mysteries of Jedi and galactic history.

Republic era: I think that Qui-Gon would be the best, as he is probably the wisest Jedi, his philosophical stance on life is one that i would be honored to learn from, he is quite enlightened.

New Jedi Order era: I think that i would choose Kyp Durron, i think he needed someone who agreed with him but didn't blindly follow him, that suggested better ways to be helpful, so that he didin't become so extreme, i like his stance on doing all he can to better the galaxy, taking a proactive stance, and having positive support would have helped him to not become a pariah.

Legacy Era: Maybe Shado Vao, he has a cool and friendly personality, seems to be a nice guy to hang around with and it would be interesting seeing how he would react to having an apprentice himself.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2022
  24. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    When I was really young, I began crafting a story that took place prior to and during the Clone Wars. The Padawan I based my self-character on was being trained by Plo Koon.

In the post-RotJ period, I might choose to be trained by either Anakin (HE LIVES) or Jaina Solo. They're both, in separate ways, my kind of character.