main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga What Legends or EU material would you like to see become canon?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by study888, Jun 22, 2021.

1. study888

study888 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 16, 1999
    I checked and there is no other thread that covers this subject.

The rule: It cannot seriously conflict with canon except what could easily be a "film flub" or a MINOR continuity issue, because even the films and shows themselves have a lot of these.

This includes all fanfilms that are no more than PG-13 rated. Nothing that shows toplessness or bottomlessness on women or bottomlessness on men but a little swearing's ok.

I hope someone at LFL sees this thread sometime and a committee of some type is formed to weigh what is allowed into the canon and what remains only Legends.

I'd personally like to see The Holiday Special, Shadows of The Empire, and The Approaching Storm, which last two only have a minor continuity issue that can easily be retconned somehow. And Splinter of The Mind's eye between ANH and The Holiday Special. Or does The Holiday Special come first? Idk. In any case, both come before ESB. You guys are next and I'll chime in with more picks from time to time, because I have more in mind, but you may get to them first.

Admins, if this has been done already, I request you merge, not lock. I would be most grateful. And if this is the wrong forum, please move this thread to the appropriate forum. Thank you so much.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
  2. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    I would love to see a bunch of the pre-TPM storylines adapted and brought into canon - the stories of Darth Revan, Darth Bane, Nomi Sunrider, Naga Sadow, Exar Kun etc. There's so many great ideas there that could be mined.

I also think a loose adaptation of the Yuuzhan Vong war would be a good idea for a post-ST storyline. Many of the Old Republic stories you could basically copy-paste from the EU without contradicting anything, but obviously you would have to change a lot from the NJO considering the different status quo we will be dealing with post-ST. However, the general idea of extragalactic invaders attacking a splintered galaxy is a good one imo. We need some new villains who aren't Sith (or Sith knock offs) and with Thrawn in canon, they could easily have him prepping for invasion like he was in the EU. The original NJO series was 19 books long, so this storyline has the potential to span multiple films and TV shows and be a sprawling, interconnected epic.

3. study888

Jul 16, 1999
    Got It! I wrote Episode 17:Edge of Victory already and will post it on tf.n later. It is mind-blowingly awesome. I am still working on writing Episodes 16, and The Thrawn Trilogy (12, 11, 10) then I will finish the Vong Trilogy 18 then Dave Filoni can make a multiseason Vong Wars series set during the whole three movie trilogy plus canon videogames, books, short stories, etc, etc, etc. 13-15 are already up but I can't link to them but they are in Before, Saga, and Beyond fanfic with the prefix Beyond The Saga.

By the way I love Chronicles of Narnia!!!!!

Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
  4. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Two Words = "Mara Jade"

5. study888

Jul 16, 1999
    I think there have been casting calls for who would play her, unless that was just speculation not based in any fact. I'm going to ask a source I trust about that now and I will get back to you by editing in his response to this question to this post so I dar double post (my way of saying so I don't double post). Watch for it.

These are not the words of a tf.n pm:
    He says:
    "complete rumor... I don't have any information confirming it, but it's possible. Can't claim it completely false yet, maybe though."

I think if the Force Unleashed Games don't contradict canon that they should be admitted into canon again. And that a decision to decanonize anything shouldn't be arbitrary, but because it just doesn't and can't be made to fit with canon. If it can fit, it should have never been arbitrarily decanonized IMO.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
    Bazinga'd likes this.
  6. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    From the Marvel comics, Jaxxon and Valance.

7. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
  8. study888

Jul 16, 1999
    Yes The Ewok Adventure 1:Caravan of Hope and The Ewok Adventure 2 should be canonized.

9. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    I'll go with the first one, but not the second. It opens up short-circuiting the previous movie's ending.

10. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    The Ewok movies are good fun and I very much enjoy revisiting them from time to time, but lately they've been making me really want to see a Star Wars project by The Jim Henson Company along the lines of the two Ewok movies (not necessarily about Ewoks, just something with puppet/creature suit lead characters in general) with the with the level of craft that went into The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance.

Count Yubnub and Reepicheep775 like this.
  11. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    Ever since Rebels was airing at the same time as the ST, I've wanted a Star Wars film series and TV show to go interconnect. We had a few episodes of Rebels before TFA came out and then the rest of the season followed. A similar thing happened with TLJ. But Rebels had basically nothing to do with the ST. How great would it be if you had events in a TV show that led up to a film release and the week after the film released, the TV show picked up immediately after. That would be a great way to handle an NJO-inspired series because you could combine the big budget spectacle of film with the long-running nature of TV. It would be incredible!

I'm surprised that hasn't happened yet tbh. Even if she can't be Luke's wife in the Disney continuity, she could still be the Emperor's Hand and go on a redemption arc.

They actually have both made their way into the new canon via the Marvel comics. It's strange the obscure things they bring into canon, like kriffing Valance and Jaxxon, but not Mara Jade, the Solo twins etc. *shrugs*

I miss the weirdness of the EU.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
  12. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    With some minor edits and a bigger budget, I could definitely accept that one fan video remake/ expansion of the Vader vs Obi-Wan fight. Not that the original is bad, but it's kind of slow, almost casual, and something more deadly and emotional seems more fitting for a Vader - Obi-Wan rematch.

I absolutely don't want Mara Jade to be canonized unless her story is totally different. None of this "Emperor's Hand" stuff. There's a character that already serves that role and his name is Darth Vader.

wobbits likes this.
  13. study888

Jul 16, 1999
    Yeah they would DEFINITELY have to change Mara's backstory.

That is called SC 38 Reimagined. And I agree it should with some edits be canon.

14. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    I'd really love to see Darth Bane, Darth Revan, more Sith stories. The Bane book trilogy is my favorite.

Blobofat likes this.
  15. study888

Jul 16, 1999
    Theory Guy's Two Vader Fanfilms, Shards of the Past and Vader Part 2.

16. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    The decisions weren't made arbitrarily. Everything was set aside (kind of how it had always been to Lucas anyway), opening up the entirely timeline. Now things can be reintroduced or added in a similar fashion if they feel like it fits. That's better than leaving something in that already is a questionable fit, only to create the need to remove it later on.

There are multiple tv-shows that are currently in development which range from pre-PT to setting up the ST, with movies possibly moving beyond the ST as well. Leaving everything in canon that doesn't explicitly contradict it so far, limits the shows by quite a bit. Better to set everything aside and then add it again in a fashion that works more coherently, than starting off with a big mess that blocks possibilities and has some strained logic.

As for the original question:
    The Force Unleashed games are something I really don't need to see in canon again. They were fun enough as games, but you really shouldn't have a character who somehow beats Vader and the Emperor. It doesn't fit particularly well to the movies. There are plenty of ways on how to add to characters, but having the main villains being beaten like that doen't really work. Fallen Order included Vader in a much more fitting manner. Some of the general concepts could still work though.

What I would like to see brought back is Knights of the Old Republic. It isn't really in contact with any of the existing canon, which makes it much easier to bring back. Though with the rumours about a remake or re-imagination floating around, I guess it is likely to return in a somewhat different fashion.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
    Jediking97 likes this.
  17. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    I honestly think this is kind of pointless at this point. The Legends stories exist in their own continuity. Why double them up into the new continuity when a new story could be told in its place?

I couldn’t disagree more about that Vader be Obi-Wan fan duel being canon :p

18. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

At the very least they'll take inspiration from those stories and remix them a bit to fit more into Canon

Like what Mandoverse is doing with The Thrawn Trilogy

or the Sequels did with Dark Empire.

Jediking97 likes this.
  19. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    Jorus C'Baoth clone

20. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    "Red White And Blue" Squadron

Happy 4th! [face_flag]

[​IMG]

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  21. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    Characters are the easiest thing to add in...you can give a character new stories, but keep the personality that made them memorable.

As such:

Mara Jade
    Talon Karrde
    Corran Horn
    Booster Terrik
    Tycho Celchu

A laundry list of baddies too:
    Isard, Zsinj, Durga, Ismaren, Sal-Solo

This is how the comic book universes successfully reset the deck every 20 years...they re-introduce ALL the favorite characters sooner or later.

Jediking97 likes this.
  22. Jediking97

Jediking97 Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 24, 2018
    Joruus C'baoth.
    E-Wings (Would have been nice to see in the sequel trilogy but at least we have U-Wings :) )
    TIE Drone
    World Devastators
    Exar Kun
    Ulic Qel-droma

Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
    Iron_lord and Jedimarine like this.
  23. BountyHunter7

BountyHunter7 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 25, 2001