main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series What loose ends do you want tied up from TCW

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Feb 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    The completion of Order 66 and ending of the Clone army. That's something I want to see.

Darth Basin likes this.
  2. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Interesting post......

Im not sure there have been enough references to what happens in the galaxy after TCW and ROTS. Make the 2 animated shows more depending on each other and less depending on the 6 films.

Darth Basin likes this.
  3. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Going on 11 pages now, and I have no patience to review each previous page one by one to see if this has been brought up before; but I'd love to see some form of resolution to what could've happened with Barriss.

Shadao and whostheBossk like this.
  4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Not even the first page? :p

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Originally She was going to die by her own bombs, but Filoni said that "he had other ideas"

6. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Dave Filoni : Do not worry, I'm not going to kill you. I have... other uses for you MHAAHAHAA [face_cowboy]

7. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Well I'm glad he didn't have her die by her own bombs. There, I said it.

8. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    I'd like to see the fates of the Zillo beast clone, Lux, Bo-Katan, Barris & all bounty hunters who we haven't seen in ANH.

9. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    How many more episodes will season 4 have. This is Filoni chance to close up all open storylines from the TCW-Rebels shows. It seem Mandalore will be a huge focus of the final season.

10. Fallen Jedi Master

Fallen Jedi Master Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2017
  11. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Really just want to see all the transistional things. TCW show gets to close itself out now vs Rebels doing it. It seems there is going to be a major struggle on Mandolore with Maul and Ahsoka.I know Sabine has some affiation with Mandolore as well.I think Filoni really wanted to connect the dots between his shows and wanted to do so in the Clone Wars era vs the Rebelion era. Rebels is a completed series now so what could Filoni want to put in this final season TCW to make everything complete?

whostheBossk likes this.
  12. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    I guess this thread would now be about TCW:TFS, not Rebels? Anyway...

- I hope (and expect) that this will be a real war bonding episode between Ahsoka and Rex. For all that these two are considered the friends of ages by many in the fandom, they've had very little quality shared screentime together (and very little shared screentime at all, really.) Right now, their celebrated reunion on Rebels seems based more on the fact that these are the two main characters of TCW rather than what they actually did together.

- A plausible transition from the villainous Bo Katan from TCW as it exists to the "good" Bo Katan in Rebels.

- Obviously, a plausible transition in Ahsoka's relations toward the Jedi (from "I've had enough. Tcha" in TWJ to the Yoda-Ahsoka wave in Rebels.) The Jedi Council (or at least Yoda) have some work to do in regaining her trust... if that's what happened.

- We're almost certainly not gonna get it but... Barris.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
    Darth Dnej likes this.
  13. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    I still think they're saving Barris for something else. Perhaps as the main villain in the inevitable sequel to the Jedi: Fallen Order. You need Inquisitors for the lightsaber boss fights after all.

14. Shadao

Shadao Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2017
    I've heard that Henry Gilroy and others state that it was unlikely that Darth Vader would have let Barriss live, let alone join the Inquisitors. They've even gone to state that Barriss wouldn't have joined the Inquisitors out of her personal beliefs. Meaning that Filoni's plans were much different for her.

Honestly, unless they tell what those plans are, I cannot see any fate for Barriss other than becoming an Inquisitor. She has fallen under her own accord and not by Palpatine's machinations and we know that Sidious is already planning to implement the Inquisitors for his future Empire since his attempt to kidnap Force-sensitive babies. A fallen Jedi under his custody is too much of a good opportunity to pass up, and highly doubt old Sheev cares about what Darth Vader felt about it.

Perhaps Sidious used Barriss as a test run for his official Inquisitors (as Inquisitor Zero), an experiment to see what does it take to warp a Jedi like Barriss into serving the very thing she hates. I could easily see Palpatine sending releasing Barriss on Kashyyyk to hunt down her former master Luminara, both to see the results of his program and to twist the knife on Luminara's will.

In fact, it was Luminara's capture in Rebels that persuaded me into believing that Barriss did became an Inquisitor because I don't see any reason why they would spare her from original fate (being killed in Order 66) unless they want to leave the door open for Luminara to see what her Padawan ultimately became.

whostheBossk and PCCViking like this.
  15. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    The one thing that I think about regarding Barriss' ultimate fate is how she clearly tells Anakin something to the effect of how the red sabers (stolen from Ventress) "suit" her. I don't think she'd have said that if she still believed in the Jedi and Republic in general.

16. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    If the revival covers Order 66, we could potentially see the capture of Luminara. Imagine her being brought to that detention center where Barriss is / was during the original run. Learning the ultimate fate of her former Padawan could result in the broken image of her we see in Rebels. That's always been a story I've wanted to see explained.

whostheBossk and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  17. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    the main thing season 7 will be focused on is tying up Ahsoka and Rex's TCW character arcs. They've got limited time to do it. It would have been nice to have gotten a few more episodes up to this point where they worked together. But given TCW's snapshot storytelling style it's just that they have always been fighting together offscreen and none of those battles were important enough for us to see on screen. This isn't much different from Barriss getting from point A in "Brain Invaders" to point B at the end of season 5. She got there and "Brain Invaders" offers some good foreshadowing. Speaking of Barriss I don't think we'll see her at all in Season 7. I'll be surprised if they come back to that loose end. Really Barris seems like a good character to hold onto for future projects. Besides coming back to this series for an anniversary special whose to say assets from TCW couldn't be repurposed into a spinoff down the road. something like "The Clone Wars: Aftermath". Maybe a few unfinished arcs could be retooled for something like that.

18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Remember when that episode of Rebels involving Luminara aired, there was some discussion that if you looked closely at the expression on her face as she's led into the sarcophagus, she has an odd look at someone in the Holo; who some have suggested might've been Barriss.

19. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    I mostly just care about the Mandalorian and bounty hunter arcs (and I like the Yoda and Mortis arcs, but those are pretty neatly tied up, IMO). And Ahsoka's cool, so I'll take more of that.

I couldn't care less about the clones, and wish that George had never interpreted "clone wars" the way he did. Legions of people that look almost exactly the same just flattens the world-building for me, and takes me out of the GFFA.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
  20. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    Indeed I do remember, as I made that suggestion as well. It would be a brutal if true, but would also make for great storytelling.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  21. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    What happened to the Twilight?

And...nearly in the Clone Wars... What did Obi-Wan do with the Souless One?

Oh, and Commander Cody. Where does his story lie?

I'm sure all the proper loose ends have been covered in the last dozen pages! (Rex, Ahsoka, Mandalore, Maul and the fate of the clones generally).

I may be blasphemous here but I hope the new series doesn't overly dwell on Mandalore intrigue - that might reduce the galaxy-wide conflict of the 'Wars and fail to draw a nice closing of the curtain on other aspects. Having watched the trailer, I won't hold my breath. Personally, the standing down/fading out of the clones would seem to be a more "faithful" ending.

22. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    That was answered in The Lawless. Anakin made the mistake of giving Obi Wan the keys. Rest in peace, Twilight. ^:)^

Yeah, I expect there will be some Mandalore lore-building but it shouldn't dominate the narrative.

DannyD likes this.
  23. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Thanks!

Ha! I must've missed some episodes. Oh well...guess I'll have to enjoy them all again. :)

TheCloneWarsForever likes this.
  24. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    More than anything I just want to be able to make sense of the Jedi Council.
    Who are the twelve members at any given time, and what is Anakin's place on it in Episode III.
    This question has been raised ever since Depa Billaba came back, and maybe she stepped down after taking Caleb as her apprentice, but it hasn't been confirmed anywhere as far as I'm aware and Caleb refers to her as a member of the council just before order 66. (Lifetime title even after stepping down?)

That much detail is probably unlikely, though it could easily be settled just by having a meeting of the council where everyone is present. It sure would be nice to the Agen Kolar and Stass Allie models we've heard about.
    Call me crazy, but I hope Oppo Rancisis doesn't fade into the background. We just got his model in season 6, and he is without a doubt (for me at least), one of the most interestingly designed Jedi on the council. Yes he isn't on the council in episode III, but that relates to the previous question. Maybe Anakin took his seat? At very least I should like to see him in combat in the opening montage or something.

whostheBossk likes this.
  25. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I mean there aren’t a whole lot of loose ends left. Barriss and that’s it basically

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.