main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series What loose ends do you want tied up from TCW

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Feb 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    AZ to you too, sir. ;)

2. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    It looks like it could possibly get resolved, where we get the status of Maul and who is the ruler of Mandolore. It seems Sabine is old enough to be born during the Clone Wars and not after it like Ezra. There is a new bounty hunter on the show with Mandalore ties, but who is she?

3. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    All of them!!!

But in general, I'd like to see the last few Maul episodes and Dark Disciple in episode form because let's face it---books are the least common way a Star Wars fan or TCW viewer would get their info. Also, seeing how Ahsoka went from leaving the Jedi Order behind to suddenly wielding two white lightsabers and calling herself a Jedi again would be nice.

A Lovable Jerk and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  4. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    This is not really a TCW loose end per si, but I always wanted to know who the men behind Vader’s 501st are – assuming that is still canon that he keeps his battalion after Operation Knightfall. Are these the same clones (minus Rex), or were they completely replaced by conscripts? Or a mix of both? Is Appo still a commander of the 501st? I would love if at least some of these guys were Rex’s old buddies and they had to confront each other in Rebels.

5. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    - The cut content from SOD.
    - The freeing of the CIS leaders.
    - Maul
    - Vos.

6. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Something sinister is rising...

[​IMG][​IMG]

darklordoftech likes this.
  7. daniel brown

daniel brown Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2015
    The loose end I want tied up is what Anakin's shoe size is?
    Just joking I want to see Ahsoka's story, Maul's story, and Rex's story

cwustudent likes this.
  8. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Yes what and where was Ahsoka the last 15 years between TCW and Rebels. I wonder if any of the younglings from the gathering live? How cool would it be to see one of them?

cwustudent and Coffee Two Sugars like this.
  9. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    What comic is this from?

10. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Shattered Empire #3

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Maul's Presence is felt by Leia

12. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Yea, Shattered Empire #3.

[​IMG]

darklordoftech likes this.
  13. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    Who started construction on the Death Star first, the Republic or the Separatists? What is begun by the CIS and then captured by the Republic or did something else happen?

14. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I hope Luceno gets to write "Tales from the Separatist Council."

cwustudent and sarlaccsaurs-rex like this.
  15. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I am pretty sure it was started by the sepritists because the design was done by Geonisians and the Republic would never have created such a weapon.

16. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Thats a very interesting question. It seems the Deathstar construction started a little before the Clone Wars ended. By the time the Republic and Conferency is united under the Empire, it seems construction already started.

17. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014

It looks like in Attack of the Clones the Geonosian Separatists design the Death Star. I thought the Empire built it after the Clone Wars. LIke shortly after the war ended.

18. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    I would have personally loved to see episode of TCW in which Tarkin's fleet would discover Geonosians building a giant space station and take it over with Palpatine's blessing without jedi knowing anything.

19. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    The only true loose end is Darth Maul. Since they didn't wrap it in Son of Dathomir, I hope they'll eventually do it in the near future.

cwustudent likes this.
  20. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    I don't care if Maul lives or dies, though I'd love if he lived. Something I want to see, ASAP, is the Seige of Mandalore. Once that was mentioned in Rebels is when it really started to upset me that we haven't gotten these arcs.

21. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Has Anakin and Maul ever fought?? Cant remember if they had a duel in TCW or not. If it has not happened Vader would be the perfect one to take Maul out of canon.

cwustudent and PCCViking like this.
  22. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007

No.

AND HELL NO. Honestly bringing Maul back has already undermined Obi-Wan, it only makes sense we should see Kenobi kill Maul, preferably in a spin-off film set between ROTS and ANH.

23. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    A Vader vs Maul duel is something a number of fans would like to see, but it would need to make sense in the overall story of Rebels. Maul isn't serving either side of this fight, so including him in the show would serve little purpose other than to wrap a loose end. The CW series was able to maintain multiple story arcs among various characters, but I don't think the same will be true with Rebels. The focus is on the crew of the Ghost, so a Maul arc without them at the core of the story would alter the series. I expect we'll see Maul in a spin-off movie instead.

24. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Fan duels are often biased and driven by a lack of objectivity and sometimes plain hate. I think some fans feel threatened by Maul cause he makes their favorites look bad or it disrupts their own personal accept head canon and continuity, their happy place isnt safe. If Maul dies he dies, as these characters are mortal( or semi-mortal) and as a fan of the character I can graciously accept that. I already did that back in TPM but always held out he'd be brought back like Boba Fett and yeah both happened, was cool.

Now, Maul defeated Jinn in single combat and Maul won the actual fight in TPM against Kenobi in their solo duel but he didn't finish the job in much the same manner Kenobi didnt finish the job on Vader in ROTS, and Maul's fight with Kenobi was shorter than Vader vs Kenobi as both them appeared evenly matched. So Maul defeated two of Skwyalker's masters, its not likely Vader would be able to stop Maul. An older and more powerful Kenobi was never able to defeat Maul in TCW (who came back 12 years later and was considerably weaker at that point because of lack of Force use in combat and lack of training)as he always outmatched him and his powers were growing more powerful since his return.

So there was nothing really that undermined Kenobi, he's still the same Jedi that soundly defeated Grievous and Darth Vader at his prime, but he could not defeat Maul. Maul is one of the few characters and beings that Lucas allowed to take on Sidious and live(he did so twice so far), he also fended off Windu and Secura at the same time, neither Jedi were to be taken lightly by any stretch. So Cyborg Vader would not be able to keep up with the more agile and well trained cyborg Maul. 15 years later both would be stronger than what they were, but Maul would still have the advantage as despite his injuries he was pretty much the same as in TPM and growing more powerful not less. Maul was more powerful in SOD than he was in Lawless. So wherever he was heading he was heading to something greater, he also witnessed his brother and mother dying before his eyes, the sense of loss would pathologically fuel his anger which in turn would empower his ferocious need for revenge which all Dathomirian Zabraks have.

Opress took down Anakin and Skywalker on two occasions and they were far more experienced than him and them together both should've technically leveled them up on surpassing Opress, but it did not. In Twlight Of the Republic it took the combined powers of Skywalker, Kenobi, Tano ad Yoda to overpower Maul and just barely. Whether or not its canon, its still storygroup approved and it figures into TCW and matches what we were seeing, he was extremely powerful and growing as an independent and antagonist.

At face value if they wanted to "kill" Maul, they would've done so in Lawless or in SOD, what we learned was that Lawless set up SOD and SOD presumably the Mandalore arc and that arc possible another. It it was clear his storyline was important as he was given a lot of exploration and his own episodes, same with Ventress even. He was not just another villain and his storyline was long reaching and meant something to Lucas as he took a personal interest in the character, very few characters he'd do that for aside from the Skywalkers. I'm not certain Lucas would go to all the trouble of bring back Darth Maul to only have him die again(he even said so to Filoni during the production of Lawless) in such a meaningless and anti-climatic manner which is frankly dumb. If or when its Maul's time to go, am sure he'll go on his own terms. I could easily see him faking his own death on Mandalore using the body of Savage,or even Almec betraying him and he left them all to rot. Maybe he wanted the Republic or Separatists to invade, and it was a trap of his, who knows right now. Maul will be back, he's an awesome high caliber character with a great presence. I think they know and respect the fans Maul has, that character has given the Star Wars franchise good ratings and business and an audience.

revan772 likes this.
  25. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    I almost wish to see Maul return to Rebels, fight the Ghost/Ahsoka/Vader/whatever, have him survive again and end the show with his fate undetermined just to troll the fans again. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.