main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA What Music are you Listening to? Like right now

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by crazybirdman, Dec 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    So what are you listening to right now? What type of music do you like?

2. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Weird -- I almost started a thread just like this yesterday, but got too busy! :eek:

Anyway, I'm listening to the Breeders. I heard "Cannonball" on the radio and dug out the old CD. I forgot how awesome they were!

3. Waffllebot

Waffllebot Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2007
    I made a christmas mix of not your average Holiday songs with the likes of Alvin and the Chipmunks which they never play anymore,the Muppets and a Cd that I got online with Wizard rock Christmas Holiday tunes that all have something to do with Harry Potter in some way. It sucks they never play Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer anymore.

4. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I'm listening to the Chargers game.

(And my roommates yelling at the TV)

5. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    I am listening to 98.7 because I forgot my ipod in my car. They're plaing Red Hot Chilli Peppers for the bazillionth time today. I wish I was listening to my Christmas music.

6. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    I listened to Pop (u2) while cleaning the bathroom yesterday. I need to set aside some solid listening-only time to hear the newest Smashing Pumpkins and Foo Fighters cds 'cause when people are always around, trying to talk to you or get you to do something, that can kinda taint an album.

Now I'm listening to the Eagles/Cowboys game and wanting the stupid Eagles (they just annoy me for some reason) to beat the Cowboys so they're not as far ahead of the Packers. I thought the Lions/Chargers (eh, I'd root for the Chargers) would be on instead since the Lions are in our division, but nope, guess FOX decided the Cowboys are more important.
    (and, of course, YAY, PACKERS! oh, and "music"-related, there was a Packer fan in the crowd who kinda looked, and definitely acted, like Snoop Dogg.)

7. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    Now I'm listening to the sounds of Halo 3. After this, the Padawan and I are going to play some DDR...my favorite on that is the Sneaker Pimps.

8. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    We are listening to KOST 103 - All Christmas, all the time. Hey, it's only once a year, and I need something to get me into the spirit of things. Or else I get all depressed on how much money we're spending.

9. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    Kinds of music I like? Classical, film scores, classic rock, new age, Irish/Celtic, and comedy.

Right now I am listening to:

Artist: Howard Shore
    CD: The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
    Track: Concerning Hobbits

10. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    I'm listening to Keith Sweat, Stevie Wonder, Color Me Badd, Sade, and other R & B songs

In my car, I have the Initial D Eurobeats soundtrack to the Initial D: Special Stage game and Paul Oakenfold's Perfecto CD

11. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    Listening to South Park in the background on the TV.

12. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Sound of Silence

13. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Computer humming.

14. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    1090XX and Scott and BR in the mornings, right this second. Pretty much Sports Radio all day, since I can't get FM inside the building, unfortunately.

15. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Right now I'm listening to MuggleCast. Once my co-workers show up I'll change to my top-rated play list.

16. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    TNT had all three movies on yesterday, which I watched almost all the way through, even though I have all three.

I think we may have had a thread like this a long, long time ago in a thread far, far away. Thanks, CBM, for reviving it. It's alway fun to hear what other people are listening to.

I listen to KROQ in the morning and everything from Mary Blige to Rough Guide to the Sahara in the afternoon and assorted new rock & world music on the weekends. Right this minute I'm listening to "Doc on the Roq."

17. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    I'm listening to online radio Pandora.com. It's great, I've been finding a lot of new music I like.

18. JediNoc

JediNoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2005
    "Lucy" on XMS. Gonna go try out pandora.com now though... thanks for the recommendation, CBM.

19. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    SheDaisy, Brand New Year

They're 3 sisters that are a country/pop group and it's their Christmas album from several years ago.

20. JediVixen

JediVixen Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2001
    Batman Begins soundtrack

21. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    Finally listening to my Christmas music. Alvin and the Chipmunks at the moment.

22. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    you gotta get the BNL x-mas CD. It's great. There's a hilarious song on there with Buble about elves going on strike.

23. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    I'm a freak for internet radio! Yes, I'm totally addicted, and have discovered so much great music because of it... I've long loved somaFM. They have a great selection of "stations" -- my faves are space station soma, and groove salad.

Limbik Frequencies is a great station too.

I'll have to check out that pandora site.

Side rant: you know why internet radio is great (besides the usual lack of commercials and awesome non-Clear Channel Programming)? You can usually click right through to purchase a track you like, or, if you're still pondering, the artist, title and CD title are all usually scrolling right there on your player for you to jot down! I got so sick of liking a song on the radio, and then having to suffer listening to that station for days in the hope that they'd both play said song again, and that after the repeat play, the DJ would say the name and artist's name. Stupid commercial broadcast radio!!

24. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    Sorry for the double-post, but: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Curse you cbm, for introducing me to Pandora.com! I'm going to go broke...LOL!!
    And I love it that when you give a song a "thumbs-down" they stop playing it and move along. Yahoo Music's rating system allowed you to tick "never play again" but to get away from the sucky song while it was on you'd have to switch stations for a while.

So, anyone who's on Pandora: what band/song did you use to initially configure your station? I used Bowery Electric, because that's the kind of stuff I like while working on the old 'puter...

25. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    I tried Pandora out for a while. The problem is, I listen to such a weird variety of music that Pandora would find 2-3 songs I liked & then play a whole bunch of songs I didn't like. So, I just gave up.

It's definitely a fantastic idea, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.