main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian What mysteries from Season 1 do you want solved...?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Avnar, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    There were quite a few story beats from season 1 that I still want to know answers to... Some I think we will get, others not so much.

One I am very curious about was my favorite scene from the trailer and it had Mando walking past a bunch of Stormtrooper helmets mounted on spikes on Tatooine! [face_skull] When I first saw that scene I thought he must be going to visit someone important that has no love for The Empire. Now I am not so sure... In the episode he just walks past and that's that [face_dunno]

Was it just good imagery? Was it Tatooines way of saying "Don't come back"? Where they simply killed by locals?

Thoughts?

2. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Why was Death Watch on Din Djarin's home world during the Clone Wars
    What, exactly, is the fate of Mandalore and its people
    How did Gideon get the darksaber
    The origin of Baby Yoda
    How significant is Gideon's Imperial Remnant

I think the helmets on spikes were a message from the unscrupulous locals of Mos Eisley. Its possible the Empire left some kind of presence there after ANH, and by the time of ESB they were allied with Jabba by way of Darth Vader's aggressive negotiating, so this was them expressing their feelings towards that unwilling relationship.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
  3. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Why was The Asset/The Child/Baby Yoda so important to Moff Gideon and The Client? What procedure was Dr. Pershing performing on him?
    Why were so many bounty hunters willing to kill Baby Yoda, like IG-11? Why did Zero, not an established bounty hunter, try to kill him?

clone commander bossk likes this.
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    why they wanted baby Yoda
    Who was the mystery man?

5. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I'm assuming the mystery man will be Cobb Vanth...?

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
  6. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Why was The Child in a compound surrounded by a bunch of mercenaries? Was he their captive or were they protecting him?

7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Of all peoples, how did the Mandalorians manage to develop complete amnesia regarding the Jedi?

8. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    I don't know if its necessary to have this completely answered to the last detail, but I would love to get even a passing reference about who the Client actually was. Wouldn´t hurt to know his name and his rank within the Empire, since we don't really know if he was meant to be a local governor, a politician, just a wealthy supporter...

VexedAtVohai and beetzello like this.
  9. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    So...

I just watched Season 1 again in preparation for Season 2, and something suddenly struck me - The Mandalorians rifle suddenly disappears from the series! [face_dunno]

I went back and forth for about an hour trying to figure this out and thought "Oh, there must be a point at which he casts it away or he drops it". Nope, the last we see of it is on Sorgan (Spelling? Sanctuary planet) after the battle with the AT-ST he lends it to Cara Dune but then at some point he gets it back and loads it onto the hovercraft when he and Baby Yoda :yoda: are leaving... That is the last time you see it anywhere! From this point on he only uses his blaster.

Thoughts? Has anyone else noticed this, and what would be the purpose of suddenly dropping this weapon out of the series altogether?? I find it hard to believe it was simply forgotten about...

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
  10. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Maybe he ran out've ammo for it and semi-retired it .

11. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    Well, he does have an entire cabinet full of blasters. I doubt he uses them all every day.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
    LedReader and RetropME like this.
  12. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    With all the capabilities that rifle has?? No way! :cool:

13. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Five is really the only episode where he could have used it. Six he’s infiltrating a New Republic prison ship that was supposed to be crewed only by droids so he doesn’t need it. Seven he’s pretending to be a prisoner so it’d be a little suspicious if he had a huge rifle on his back and eight he doesn’t get back to his ship until the very end.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  14. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    It's a powerful weapon, and would have made things a lot easier. I think it was a writing decision, realizing they equipped The Mandalorian with an almost invincible weapon. The rifle in his weapons cabinet in Episode 6 is hidden by the door The new silhouette in The Mandalorian logo does show the rifle on his back, but the question for me is...how does he do that with the jet pack attached?

15. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    ^ This is what I was wasting my time typing.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  16. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    The disintegration mode of the rifle requires shells that Mando loads into it. He uses a bunch in Chapter 2 and 3. Then during the shootout in Chapter 3, he runs out of the shells. So he turns to his flamethrower on his arm. Then that runs out of fuel. So he desperately pleads with Baby Yoda to do something. And then the Mandalorian cavalry shows up. Then in Chapter 4, it functions as simple long-range blaster rifle. So...it makes sense to me that he doesn’t use it for the rest of the season.

TheYodaPagoda likes this.
  17. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    That's a good in-universe explanation, and if and when Favreau and Filoni do a Q&A with fans, hopefully someone will ask them, and that's the reason they'll give.

18. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    A large part of that is also explicitly in episode 3. He runs out of the shells during the shootout.

19. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Perfect - That makes sense. It was just weird that he stopped using it altogether...

Bor Mullet likes this.
  20. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    The only one I do not want to be solved concerns the child. I do not want them to reveal Yoda's species nor their home world. Lucas left it unnamed and unknown for the sake of adding some mystery to the lore of Star Wars. To me, this is one of those things that needs to maintain it's level of mystery. I have no issue with revealing how or why the child came to be in the compound surrounded by mercenaries, unless it reveals their species name or their home world.

21. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    I imagine they were there to get some pay back on the seperatists after they betrayed them in season 2.

22. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    The biggest mystery for me is where the Child is from and what relationship he has with Jedi. I'd like to see how the Jedi Order is functioning under Luke Skywalker.
    Once you do that though, it may feel empty without the little guy on the ship. Even though Din would be free to be more at ease.
    Love to see classic bounty hunters (Boba, Bossk, IG-88) and to see if Din is still a man on the run or not.
    We need to fully get an idea of what state the Resistance/First Order is in.

23. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Well then.

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    That is one mystery solved

25. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    The Child's origin and what does Moff Gideon wants with him.

The fate of Mandalore.