main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT What new details did you notice in the remastered editions?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Def Trooper, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Def Trooper

Def Trooper Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 6, 2019
    I've seen a couple of comments on the web about how when the Special Edition films released, some viewers were shocked to realize that Owen and Beru's bloody, scorched skeletons were visible in what they had previously thought was just random debris, and the image scarred them as kids.

Since I know a number of people here grew up with the OT and were around when each version released, I just wanted to ask if this was an actual phenomenon that occurred with the increase in visual fidelity, and if so, are there any other similar instances where the detail drastically changed a scene?

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    The special editions have added detail to the burnt corpses, but I can say for myself, prior to, it was easily discernible that they were in fact scorched bodies.

Def Trooper likes this.
  3. Theron Solo

Theron Solo Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    I was watching Return of the Jedi a few nights ago and noticed a Dug in Jabba's palace that I never noticed before. I looked it up and I guess it was added in 2011.

whostheBossk and Def Trooper like this.
  4. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Were talking the new 2020 BluRays and 4K versions of the OT??? These movies have never looked so go on Home Video.

Return of the Jedi practically looks like it was reshot. The DVD and 2011 BluRay were made from a rushed transfer that had some serious technical problems. It's a revelation how nice this version looks. Just the overall beauty of the film.

In general there is so much more detail and texture in all of these films. Right off the start in A New Hope you can see the weave of the fabric on the Rebel Fleet Troopers pants, shirts, and vests. There is so much new detail that just leaps out. Also the color grading looks like how these films looked in theaters and on VHS. It's so much more natural.

Also the digital effects look to be re-rendered or upscaled to a higher resolution which blends in much much better with the rest of the film. All the elements feel like one whole, not additions made at different times over 40 years.

And the sound tracks are also the best these movies have ever sounded.