main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion What planets or scenes would you like to see in Ep VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Jason79, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Some training scene like this

or this

2. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    I can't wait to see what kind of alien monsters our heroes will battle in the ST. SW has always had great monsters, like the Rancor, I want to see some great SW monsters up against the SkySolos.

3. Chained Prometheus

Chained Prometheus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2013
    I'd love to see Korriban and Corellia in the ST. In fact, I think it'd be neat if Korriban became the "Death Star" of the ST. All things considered, I think it'd be wise for the ST to explore more of the Sith mythos, both by whoever its villain(s) will be and by their location. The Cave scene in TESB is one of my all-time favorite SW scenes ever because of its unique glimpse into the dark side of the Force, and I'd love to see more of that in the ST with the new generation of heroes.

I'd also really, really love to see the inside of the Millennium Falcon once again. Depending on what role Han will play in the ST, I could see him either piloting it still or perhaps passing it down to the new generation of heroes and it becomes just as much of their home as it was for the Big 3 in the OT.

Immortiss likes this.
  4. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    I'd really love to see a Dyson Sphere around a planet, drawing energy from that plantet's star to power the native civilization's infrastructure. But that might be too hard sci-fi for Star Wars...

I'd really be partial to seeing Onderon, a planet with quite a bloody history involving the Sith and the Mandalorians. For instance, it's supposed to be the place where the final clone Emperor was destroyed in the Dark Empire series. I'd also love if they showed Onderon's largest moon Dxun onscreen, despite the peculiarities of its orbit violating the laws of physics (how it doesn't get dragged into the planet's gravity well during its extremely close orbit of Onderon still baffles me)---in clear defiance of the Roche limit.

5. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    1. Star Wars physics != real life physics
    2. They could always change the Dxun's orbit in the transition from EU to movie

6. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    If we do see Tatooine again, it will probably be in a different context. I've mentioned having the grand finale be a battle on and above Tatooine. It could also be the headquarters of the villain. It could have a Jedi academy. Perhaps the planet itself has changed, and become more modern and integrated with the rest of the galaxy.

darthfettus2015 and Dra--- like this.
  7. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Especially with Luke hailing from there.

8. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Yes, Luke goes back there yearly to donate time and credits in building youth programs for the disadvantaged and poor. Him being a Galactic celebrity and all. Never forget your roots, Luke!

Dra--- and darklordoftech like this.
  9. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Luke doesn't want anyone else to grow up in the misery that he did. (Fans have pointed out the PT Jedi's failure to do anything about slavery on Tatooine.)

10. MiamiJedi

MiamiJedi Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 26, 2013
    I want to see a Sith planet.
    An ancient abandoned Sith planet with an aesthetic that seems spawned from the mind of H.R. Giger.

11. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Have you heard of Korriban?

12. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    One weird thing about the OT... we never saw any Imperial planets, or any Rebel planets.

We only saw the Imperial fleet, the Rebel fleet, two small hidden Rebel military bases, and one small hidden Imperial military base.

(When I was a kid, I actually thought the Empire was only its Star Destroyers, and didn't have any planets :p )

Now we've at least seen what Republic worlds looked like, through Coruscant and Naboo.

But I wonder if New Republic worlds will have a different style than Old Republic worlds? (if there is a New Republic, of course, that's an unproven assumption)

And I wonder if we'll finally see what a planet under Imperial control looks like? (something more than just a military base... just a normal Imperial planet)

darklordoftech likes this.
  13. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    The Imperial planet will have drones filling the sky thick as smoke.

Sarge likes this.
  14. Graphic

Graphic Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2012
    I think Mongolia would be a nice Set for a new Planet. Just fell in love with its Landscapes... [face_batting]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

or whats up with some toscany landscapes like this:

[​IMG]

Lukes new Home. Would be a nice homage on Obi Wans Place on Tatooine.

15. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    Graphic has hit the nail on the head with those pictures! That is exactly the type of planet setting I would like to see (existing Planet or newly created for SW VII). Well played! Perhaps you could let the SW VII producers know your thoughts. I imagine Mongolia has many untapped beautiful landscapes that would be evocative in the way LOTR used New Zealand.

16. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    that last picture looks like it has Kryat bones in the background.

17. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
  18. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Graphic, looks like Dantooine to me!

19. SkywalkerJedi02

SkywalkerJedi02 Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 3, 2013
    Naboo & Tatooine

20. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
    Tython. Imagine that the Jedi temple on coruscant is the main temple for the Jedi, but what if there were a lot of temples across the galaxy for the Jedi so that any type of Order 66 massacre would be very hard to plan out. Maybe Tython is a major Jedi temple, and one of the main characters must visit the planet’s temple to uncover some sort of secret or get help (or whatever) and perhaps due to its rich history of the force, the Jedi who study on the planet becomes more attuned to the force because that’s a big thing they study there Who knows, maybe there is another temple that trains Jedi to be more skilled when dealing with politics, and maybe another planet’s temple has more skilled warriors . I don’t know about you guys, but I think it’s a cool idea.

21. TheTwinSuns

TheTwinSuns Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2013
    Hoth and Bespin.

22. DarthBlanco

DarthBlanco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    Tatooine is where it's at. Simples.

23. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Depends on what you mean by "it."

24. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    If you mean the planet farthest from the bright center of the universe, whose importance should've all been used up (and then some) in Episodes I-VI, then yeah... Tatooine's where it's at.

Jabba's dead. Anakin's dead. Luke's moved on. The desert's probably reclaimed the farmstead and Ben's hut (if new tenants haven't taken either over). Binary stars can be found elsewhere.

Tatooine's useless now except for nostalgia, and we just had a hefty dose of that 8 years ago with a certain sunset as part of the ending of the PT.

Sarge likes this.
  25. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I couldn't imagine Episode III ending any other way. It was the perfect send off to me and a great lead in for Episode IV. If Episode VII or either of the other two have any type of scene with that kind of poignancy I'll be quite the happy viewer.