main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion What planets or scenes would you like to see in Ep VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Jason79, Nov 7, 2012.

1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I could see that changing.

2. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    It's a desert world. Not likely.

Nobody thinks thru what that world means to the characters...which is nothing. It's only real importance now is to the fans, for nostalgia. Not much narrative value left. "Y'know, Leia, if not for that ball of dirt, I'd never have met your brother. What say we move to Tatooine, raise a family in the desert, live off the land... it'll be a great adventure! Our kids can grow up where your dad used to live, where your grandma that you never met died, where Luke languished in boredom for 19 years waiting for a couple droids and a crazy old wizard to get him out of there! We'll probably be welcomed as heroes for killing Jabba. I bet Luke would love to start up a Jedi training center in Mos Espa or Anchorhead or something, especially since everyone on Tatooine dresses like the old Jedi anyway. He loves the sand, right? It was his dad that gave that lousy sand speech, right?"

The most nostalgic part of it is the sunset... but a far better 'rhyme' between trilogies would to feature a NEW binary sunset (or sunrise) on another world. And if it's Luke staring at the sunset/sunrise, you know he'll be thinking about that similar view on his old homeworld... and that's enough to satisfy any lingering nostalgia I might have for the place. Even if it's one of the next generation doing the sun-gazing, it's still 'enough'. Only a binary sunset is 'required'... not that sand-covered wasteland.

Sarge and WatTamborWoo like this.
  3. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    There are people other than Skywalkers who live on Tatooine, and those people want a part in galactic society.

4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I think it would be plain ridiculous to have a Jedi temple on Tatooine or anything like that. I don't want the characters to be living there either. But if they have a good enough reason to go to the planet like they did at the end of Episode III and it makes for a powerful scene like Episode III then I'm all for it.

5. Feng Shui Engine

Feng Shui Engine Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 24, 2013
    Would like to see them do something involving a comet. Flying through a comet, landing on a comet, fighting on a comet, whatever.

Comets.