main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What plotline, character or scene in the whole saga do you absolutely love?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Hudnall, Mar 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loyal_like_chewy

loyal_like_chewy Jedi Youngling

Aug 14, 2005
    that cocky ass son of a gun Han Solo oh and i also love leia [face_love] =P~

2. DarthWolvo23

DarthWolvo23 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    CURRENT FAVOURITE "NEW" SCENE:

ROTS: where anakin & padme have their force connection before anakin heads to palps office to cut mace's hand off

a moment where the film was really allowed to breathe and slow down from the hectic pace before & after

really the turning point for anakin becoming darth vader, the music was really subtle and beautifully done aswell

also reminded me of the luke-leia connection in TESB

3. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Plotline: Always having been an ESB sort of gal I sort of just glossed over parts of ROTJ. Recently, however, I've been rewatching ROTJ and have fallen in love with it anew. So, currently, my favorite plotline is saving Han from Jabba--I love Luke's rescue of him from the sail barge. I love how you're not quite sure what Side Luke is skirting there--the Light or the Dark--and I love his confidence.

Of course, overall, the plotline of all plotlines--father vs. son--is awesome, but I think everyone already knows that. ;)

Character: Luke. Luke. Luke, Luke, Luke, Luke. I LOVE that boy. I don't care what he is doing--"whining" on Tatooine, fighting his Father while still half-trained on Bespin, or hanging out with Ewoks on Endor, I LOVE him.

Scene(s): Right now I have 5 favorite scenes, but these tend to revolve.

* Sail Barge, ROTJ (discussed above)

* Palpatine/Luke, "Your over-confidence is your weakness"..."Your faith in your friends is yours"--What a trap Luke is in here! He does have faith in his friends, but it's hard to remember that when you're facing down a very scary, very powerful Sith! What a powerful scene!

* Luke, "I am a Jedi, like my Father before me"--I just feel like standing up and clapping every time I hear that line. How much faith he puts in the Force, himself, and the memory of his Father here!

* Luke leaving his training to help his friends--haven't we all been in a similar situation, or at the very least imagined that we would have to choose between those we love and something else? I would imagine that not many would act differently than Luke.

* The end of ROTS with Padme, Anakin, Leia, and Luke's fate/destiny...I cried in the theater at the ending with Uncle Owen, Aunt Beru, and Baby Luke and am not ashamed to admit it. After Obi-wan states that the Force has been left in darkness it is comforting to see the light in the small Skywalker's that are left with a broken galaxy to mend.

Uh...yeah. I guess my Luke love went a little out of control there...[face_blush]

4. Hudnall

Hudnall Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 23, 2004

when Luke holsters his gun for the last time in the Cloud City chamber, realizing that weapon no longer suits him...

5. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    Top Ten Scenes of the Saga
    According to DVD Chapter

10: ANH Chapter 33: Into the Garbage Chute
    (DS Detention Block)
    - Just a fun scene
    9: ROTJ Chapter 22: Leia Meets Wicket
    (The first time we see Wicket)
    - I like Wicket for some reason
    8: AOTC Chapter 21: Teasing a Senator
    (The Meadow Picnic)
    - Excellent depiction at forbidden love
    7: TESB Chapter 25: The Emperor's Message
    (Vader and Palp double cross via hologram)
    - We really see what a glimpse of Vader's plan once again
    6: TPM Chapter 24: Choosing a New Path
    (Anakin Farwell to Shmi)
    - Very emotional and the start of the journey
    5: ROTJ Chapter 41: A Jedi's Fury
    (When Dark Side Beckons Plays)
    - Love the music, plus it's the climax of the saga
    4: TESB Chapter 46: Vader's Revelation
    ("I am your father")
    - The greatest revelation of all-time
    3: ROTS Chapter 23: Sidious Revealed
    (Palpatine reveals to be a Sith Lord)
    - The second greatest revelation of all-time
    2: ROTS Chapter 43: Immolation
    ("You Were the Chosen One)
    - We get to see why Anakin go to the suit
    1: AOTC Chapter 34: "You're Not All-Powerful
    (Lars Garage Confession)
    - Excellent scene hinting at the dark side in a place of shelter and innocence

6. MaD_01

MaD_01 Jedi Youngling

Sep 29, 2005
    Has this been mentioned yet? When Luke calls out to Leia in ESB and she hears him through the force. That was huge.

Maul with the double blade was just insane! Really wish that character would've developed more. A vader/maul duel in ROTS would've been sick.

7. newwillorder

newwillorder Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 29, 2004
    The character of Anakin Skywalker. His story, history, rise, fall, and redemption.

8. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Mine's a plotline.

I like how Anakin went to the Darkside. Until RotS we thought he went there because of evil, it was really on love. It made you really feel sorry for Anakin.

9. BrideofVader

BrideofVader Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 18, 2005
    When Luke surrenders on Endor and is talking to Vader... I have found a lot of layers and depth to that scene that I didn't grasp before the PT. "It is too late for me, son." The Anakin within feels completely helpless and resigned to his fate, and perhaps has even given up on the idea of destroying the Emperor himself (as he did in Ep 3 and Ep 5), hoping that Luke will join the Dark Side and do what he could not ("He is your master now." "Then my father is truly dead."). He feels love for his son, seeing himself in him, seeing Padme in him, too, her goodness and love. He is filled with self-loathing more than anything else, for the mistakes he has made, for not being strong enough to destroy the Emperor so that he may apprentice his own son, his Destiny forever dominated by the Dark Side, his body all but destroyed, and it is just so sad. I think that it is that scene that Anakin finally has, after all this time, the compassion--the unconditional love--of family that he sorely missed from his mother and Padme, the compassion he NEVER received from the Jedi. It is this compassion that helps him to overcome the Dark Side, and sacrifice himself for the life of his son and also his daughter, and his own redemption.

10. Hudnall

Feb 23, 2004
    excellent choice, BrideofVader!

11. Hudnall

Feb 23, 2004
    So clearly - more things irritate people than things that people love... where are all the people who love ALL of these films, perhaps too busy debating with the ones' who don't.

Great moment: "You are beaten! It is useless to resist!"

12. Urkanoid

Urkanoid Jedi Knight star 4

May 6, 2005
    First of all, a big "Hello" to all of you guys and gals from this part of the JC!:) It's just soothing to see that there are still serious SW discussions going on...:) Anyway, let's do this...

I'd say that the plotline I absolutely love in the Saga is the one involving Qui-Gon and Ben's "accidental" meeting with Ani on Tatooine. I just love that stuff, I remember when I first watched the Phantom Menace, I was like "I better not die before the other two are released"... Favorite character? Obi-Wan, by far. Favorite scene? Well, that's a wee bit tough to sort out, but I guess I'd go for the Battle of the Heroes and Luke's final showdown with Anakin. Weird, somehow I feel like a traitor, omitting all that wonderful stuff...

13. DepaTiin

DepaTiin Jedi Youngling

Dec 27, 2004
    I love Saesee Tiin so very much...he is beautiful, powerful and sexy...I want to married him.
    :_| WHY HE MUST BE A JEDI ?! WHY HE CAN NOT BE MY HUSBAND ?! :_|
    Did anyone knows his email address ?
    I hope since three years, he can come to me...and live with me..[face_praying]

Saesee, I love you. @};-

14. Agent17

Agent17 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 3, 2004
    It's probably not my favorite, but not a lot of people have been talking about it, so:

I love it when Yoda confronts Palpatine in ROTS. Yoda is strong enough to defeat Palpatine, and he knows it, so his attitude is just like, "give me a break" through the whole scene, starting with when the royal guards try to stop him and he slams them into the wall, like "I don't have time for you pawns."

And then Palpatine pretty much realizes that he's in trouble, and tries to escape, but Yoda's like, "man, you can't cash out now, after all you've done!" and he pretty much has complete control over the situation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.