main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What Programs...

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Audio' started by To_Mega_Therion, Oct 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. To_Mega_Therion

To_Mega_Therion Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 9, 2005
    Hi,

I'm curious to know which programs people use to create these audio dramas. Is there any simple freeware out there that could do the trick?

2. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    Give Audacity a try.

3. To_Mega_Therion

Jul 9, 2005
    Well this program looks pretty good, but I can't seem to get it to play anything once I get it in there!

4. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    I've never heard anyone having a problem with it. Maybe you're having a setup problem of some sort.

5. To_Mega_Therion

Jul 9, 2005
    Probably. It says soething about my "output" setings. I'll have to have a play with it!

6. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    You may have to select which audio device to use somewhere in the program or perhaps a place that can be used as a sratch disk.

7. Wolfgang_Yehrekaz

Wolfgang_Yehrekaz Jedi Youngling

Nov 23, 2005
    Hey,

Are you saying using audacity for music in films? Or things like blaster and lightsaber sound effects?
    Because thats what I need. Are there any decent free programs out there that let you insert sound effects into video files?

Thanks

8. jedi20111

jedi20111 Jedi Youngling

Feb 14, 2006
    Hi. I got all the star wars sound effects right here. Just reply if you want.

9. Subbies

Subbies Jedi Youngling

Feb 19, 2006
    hi I'm Sub-Zero

Could you please send me sounds?

I'm trying to make a short film but desperately need sound?

Cand you help?

Deon

10. Jedi-Washington

Jedi-Washington Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2003
    Humm, well, I was lucky. I got a little Tascam sound card with 2 XLR ports so I could do simple voice overs with good microphones. I havn't done dramas before, but this card came with Cubase LE. It's a light edition of the real Cubase programs, but it works perfectly for what I'm doing. I used it to match a MIDI pre-score I wrote to a college film student's film before we recorded it. It accepts .mid, .Wav, .mp3 and most usual formats also. I've also matched some sound effects to a 3D clip posted on here a while ago and didn't have much trouble with it. Never released it, but I had fun just trying to get it to sound right.

So if you get the chance, try and buy something that has LE in it. I havn't tried audacity, but I love this.

~JW

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.