main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series What should Ahsoka's fate be?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Aug 6, 2010.

?

What should Ahsoka's fate be?

1. Killed in a lightsaber duel (Grievous, Ventress, etc)

11.2%
  2. Killed by someone else (Bane, Vizsla, Boba, etc)

14.0%
  3. Noble self-sacrifice (ie. Weapons Factory)

17.5%
  4. Expelled from the Jedi Order

12.6%
  5. Away on a solo mission

3.7%
  6. Assigned to a new master

4.6%
  7. Knighted and away on a mission

4.9%
  8. Inserted in Order 66 sequence being killed

11.7%
  9. Fallen to the Dark Side

6.0%
  10. MIA/POW

13.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    No, don't think so. If you know you really don't fit somewhere and it would make you extremely unhappy to stay it is better to leave - for all parties.

2. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    The dark side is definitely a possibility. If you actually look out for it you can note there is a vengeful streak in her that surfaces a few times.

When she witnessed the Mandos doing their little My-Lai reenactment on Carlac, there was an immediate subtle shift in her attitude. From that point up through the rest of the episode she just started killing people. I think at least six mandos, possibly seven, were assuming room temperature before the ep ended, all by Ahsoka.

There was the Gunray lightsaber thing...

And in Sabotage (after Letta's confession) and TJWKTM (before the choke and frameup) she was sounding extremely unmerciful towards Letta. She specifically expressed a desire to see Letta pay for her deeds.

That's the kinda sentiment that previously has come from people either on the dark side, or headed to the dark side...

"You will pay the price for your treachery!" - Dooku to Hondo

"You're going to pay for all the Jedi that you've killed today Dooku!" - Anakin, to Dooku

"You will pay the price for your lack of vision" - Needs no explanation.

"Kill him" "I shouldn't... it's not the Jedi way" "Do it!" *chop* "It was only natural. He cut off your arm, and you wanted revenge"

The masterful unexpected reveal outta left field that nobody sees coming would be if after leaving the order she ran into Darth Plagueis. What, you think that guy's really dead? LOL.

Plagueis noticed immediately that something was peculiar about this kid. Something anomalous in her Force-signature. It took him a little while to figure it out, but then it dawned on him: She had been dead! Totally dead, but then another, immensely strong in the Force, had poured their own life-force into her, and she who was dead, lived again. And the afterglow, the echo of that event was still on her, for now anyway. Most people wouldn't have noticed it, but since it tied in so closely with his own area of interest and study - preventing death, reversing death, etc. he picked up on it.

So he took her on. In the confused and troubled state of mind he found her, it was relatively easy to turn the young ex-Jedi. Then he retreated into the Unknown Regions, beyond Chiss space, to train his new apprentice in secret while plotting his revenge on the treacherous Palpatine.

And before you know it hey presto it's Darth Khaaos.

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    That's not at all how I saw that scene, I don't think her "fitting in" had anything to do with it, but I've had that discussion too many times.

4. VanishingReality

VanishingReality Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2013
    I think that Ahsoka being turned to the dark side acting as yandare as she does is one of the most memorable parts of the mortis arc and the scariest scene in the show. Because of her usual personality, it's frightening that she can change to such a degree. My theory is that dark-side users start off frantic and insane, but mellow out and become intelligent and manipulative after they use the dark side for some time and become full-fledged Sith.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    She can still care about Anakin quite a lot and not agree with what the Jedi council did. Anakin doesn't exactly go along with them too much either.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  6. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Again, not the point.

7. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Well, she definitely cares about him enough that if she found out that he was Darth Vader, that she would try her damndest to at least talk to him.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  8. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Not sure I agree with that. She did walk away from him, I'm not sure why his turning to the Dark Side would make her walk back.

9. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    She is inherently a good person and a Jedi who believes in good and all and probably doesn't really WANT to believe that he's the 100% evil Vader, since she cares about him, thus setting up all the sweet, sweet soul-crushing drama when Vader acts like Vader. He can have a moment, she was his Padawan. Then be Vader.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  10. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    She's also unforgiving though, as she demonstrated.

Which means she might be dumb enough to think that she could take him down if she thinks he "betrayed" her by turning to the Dark Side.

11. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    That works too, Ashoka choking on her own hubris. The point is having the characters meet up would be the best and I think, for whatever reason, it's reasonable to assume Ashoka would instigate it.

12. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I would rather not see Ahsoka go on some mission to defeat or redeem Darth Vader. I liked her send off in TCW and I don't really think its necessary to see her return.

Toonimator likes this.
  13. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Personally I have no problem with Ahsoka popping up as a background character in Rebels. I think this largely depends on where we start off however. If we start off a little bit during or immediately after ROTS which is kinda what I want then I expect we'd see Ahsoka alive again at some point to influence events. If we pick up later in the Darktimes with the new show. I would like it if she'd already passed away off screen no matter how it happen for for those events to be alluded to. I don't need to see her cut down by Vader on screen. I don't need to see her building training rebels. I really don't want to see her take the role of villainess either. I have nothing against Ahsoka but I'd rather get some new guys to follow around to keep things fresh.

14. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I see this thread still alive and kicking..

15. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    All joking aside, if they do put her back in Rebels I'd rather she have a highly different personality than we're used to. At least initially anyway. Not exactly turned to the dark side of the force... but someone who is certainly a flawed, damaged person. A really grimdarkened Ahsoka with elements of Sarah Connor, Eric Lensher as he was in First Class, and maybe a bit of Abraham Whistler as well, all mixed in to her. A soldier of fortune who initially doesn't give a **** about the Empire or the Alliance, and will take contracts from either if the pay is good... But eventually turns towards the rebs as the Empire's atrocities get more blatant, frequent and revolting.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  16. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Heh, Ashoka Sarah Connor, doing chin-ups in a psych ward. "Hello 2-1B. How's the kneel?" "She disassembled my knee joint and attempted to make a landspeeder out of it. Got a few mines, actually."

17. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    Good observation. Although we don't see Palpatine's beginnings, by the end he is emotionless and grey.
    Also Maul, after surviving Obi Wan goes mad and then becomes colder and more calculating.
    Anakin himself, seems mad when he turns to the dark side. Then he becomes "machine-like" in more ways than the obvious.

However, Ahsoka was not mad when she left, but sad, not knowing what to do but knowing that where she was would not help her. I did not see "seeds of the dark side". Her temperament was similar to Anakin's without the tragedy of his attachments.

VanishingReality likes this.
  18. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    I don't mind if Ahsoka appears in the upcoming Rebels series. In fact I would love to find out what she decided to do and what happens to her after she left the Order. I really hope that she gave up the Jedi life for good and went on to do something else. However, I believe that:

A) Her role should be restricted to a side/occasional character role. (Kind of like Hondo or Aurra Sing.)

B) No I don't think she should join the Rebel alliance. Why? Well think about this for a moment she already felt betrayed by one group of individuals (the Jedi Order) so she would probably feel reluctant to join another group because she fears that she will make dumb decisions again and that they would betray or end up not trusting her too. She doesn't join the Empire either because you know the Empire is evil and the Empire was previously the increasingly corrupt Republic that was ready to convict her of highly serious crimes based on indirect evidence that wasn't analyzed properly. So basically if she appears in this series she shouldn't join any group.

C) As far as I'm concerned if Ahsoka does appear in Rebels, regardless of how big her role will be and what she will be used for, she has to die. Letting her walk away from the Jedi Order in the Clone Wars series, that's one thing, at least we were given an explanation of why she isn't nor mentioned in Episode III. However, she has to die in Rebels simply because it would be just plain stupid if Ahsoka is still running around somewhere by the time Luke joins the Rebellion. I personally believe some kind of heroic sacrifice style death would be a perfect way for her to go if she does appear in the Rebels series.

19. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Why would it be "plain stupid"? She just mightn't have got involved, and that's all there is to it.

Once again, people continually forget and fail to mentally encompass the scale and scope of a GALAXY. One one level it's kinda a human failing... our brains just aren't wired to process the true grand scale of what a galaxy really is.

In a galaxy shot through with numberless inhabited worlds, like the grains of sand on the seashore... thinking that because a person who once appeared in the past doesn't appear again, they must obviously be dead is just small-worldism thinking.

Not that I expect any of what I have just written to have any bearing on her destiny in-show, or the destiny of anyone else for that matter. Logic will always take a very far back seat to Force of Drama in SW. In most fiction, actually. Hell, maybe fiction would actually be straight up boring if you pushed that kinda hard logic and probability on it.

I think it's my destiny to always be the annoying science / numbers pedant in these kinda discussions. My apologies. :)

20. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    This.

That's why I have no problem with Ahsoka surviving into & beyond the OT timeframe... other ex-Jedi, too (as in, Jedi who survived Order 66 and took the Kai Hudorra path of distancing themselves from their Jedi roots, 'forgetting' they were Jedi, etc, as a survival tactic). Since they'd be "ex-Jedi", then Yoda's statement to Luke about him being the last would still be valid from a certain point of view, and those ex-Jedi could maybe turn up after the OT and start a new journey under Luke's guidance--maybe. I don't really expect a bunch of elderly Jedi or middle-aged former Younglings to be the bulk of Luke's Jedi in the ST, but it's possible. They could offer guidance, or figure that they've lived as non-Jedi for so long, they'd maybe rather not go back down that path, even if Luke's made it a much brighter path to travel. Most might feel, like Obi-Wan, that they're too old for that sort of thing, anyway.

But surviving, at least... that, I have no problem with. Ahsoka can go off, find a new life, have a family, and never really get involved in the Alliance or run into Vader.

21. Slash78

Slash78 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2004
    Boba Fett disintegrates her instead of taking her alive. Hence Vader's line in ESB.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  22. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Well, maybe they'll treat Ahsoka Tano like Transformers Prime did the character Cliffjumper. We'll be like, oh cool Ahsoka is alive! Then bam! She's dead about 2 minutes into the first episode of Rebels.

23. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    I'm not trying to say that Ahsoka getting killed off is the only way for her to go in Rebels. However, I believe that her getting killed off in a heroic fashion would be the best way for her to go. And, remember that prior to "The Wrong Jedi" plenty of fans thought she was going to die in the TCW series even though there are plenty of fates other than death for any characters whose fates we don't know about. Why? Because she was not around nor mentioned in Episode III. Now, with that being stated I will admit there is one simple yet effective way they could show her true fate in Rebels without killing her off:

She gets married and has kid(s). Think about this for a minute what if Adult-Ahsoka decides to marry someone (And no I'm not saying it would be Lux) and they have a child or children together. They decide to live on some Outer Rim (no, not Tatooine) system and she begins a new life for herself as a mother to her child or children. Plus it would be a nice way to contradict her story with Anakin since Anakin lost his wife and never had the chance to actually be a father to his children.

You see, if she does appear in Rebels I want there to be a more definite conclusion to her fate. If one thinks about it her fate in the TCW was ambiguous because when she walks away in the sunset we are left to speculate over what she decides to do next. Does she become a Bounty Hunter? Does she live in the Underworld? Does she go into self-exile on another system? Does she end up with Lux? etc. In a way while the TCW provided closure on her story as a Jedi there is still the matter of her actual fate. If she ends up surviving in the Rebels series I am not going to throw a hissy fit just as long as her overall story is concluded in a definite and concrete fashion.

Finally, I don't want Rebels to rehash the whole "she walks away into the sunset and we are left wondering what does she do next" fate for her. It was dramatic when she walked away from the system she had known her whole life and therefore it would be cheap and downright unnecessary for the writers of Rebels to repeat a similar fate (ie: Ahsoka walking away from the Rebellion either because she made another mistake or just decided to walk away) for her.

And yes you are right about the galaxy thing. I know, just because she doesn't appear in another part of Star Wars in some shape or form doesn't necessarily mean that she's dead. You're correct about that. I just want her true fate (that is if she does appear again) to be definite and not ambiguous. That's all.

24. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I would love that.

25. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    That would be a cool idea, as long as it's not anti-climatic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.