main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion What should Cad Bane's fate be?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth Valkyrus, Jul 30, 2013.

?

?

1. Lives on through the whole Imperial period. Didn't appear in OT because it's a big galaxy.

35 vote(s)
    43.8%
  2. Killed by Boba Fett

30 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. Killed by Han Solo

2 vote(s)
    2.5%
  4. Killed by a Jedi

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  5. Killed by Darth Vader / The Empire

6 vote(s)
    7.5%
  6. Killed by someone else

6 vote(s)
    7.5%
  1. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    If he shows up in Rebels / Han Movie / Boba Movie etc.

2. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    He really shouldn't have much of a role in Rebels, if any.

Bane's fate is tough, but I'd just let him grow old and retire, maybe taking on a leadership role in his later years. His tactical skills are impressive, maybe he could lead a team of bounty hunters or start teaching them. Maybe he could be a trainer in the Bounty Hunters Guild. I don't think he should be killed by anyone, if he was going to die it should have been in TCW.

Even though Bane is a 1000 times cooler, Rebels is Boba's era.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  3. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    If TCW went on longer, I wouldn't have minded Bane taking Boba under his wing and ultimately being being killed by the Jedi.

If this show takes place shortly before ANH, then Boba should already be out there making a reputation for himself and free of Bane's tutelage.

Alternatively, Bane could still be out there and be Boba's chief hurdle for becoming top bounty hunter. In which case Bane should be killed by Boba IMO.

4. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    His fate should be

Get drunk all day and become a Flying Pilot

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  5. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    I'd like to see him marry Aurra Sing.

Jedi_Kenobi32 likes this.
  6. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Cad will meet his ancestor Darth and they'll live happily ever after as Sith spirits.

7. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    I think Boba Fett killing him would probably be the best fate for him. However, I'm not sure if Boba should kill Bane in a spin-off film or in the Rebels show.

8. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    He should be used to contradict the EU.

9. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

That would make Lucas proud!

El Jedi Colombiano and eukaryote like this.
  10. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Why should Boba kill Cad? Just cuz?

11. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    [​IMG]
    :p

12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I actually don't want to see Fett in Rebels at all unless he's getting punked by a cool character.

As far as Bane, he's a character I said I wouldn't mind seeing but I think he could get overused really quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

13. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I want him to choke on a fortune cookie.

14. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    He's one of my favourite bounty hunters, just behind Embo and Bossk, so I hope he appears in Rebels, the sequel trilogy and everything else! I reckon they could do a lot with him in Rebels and have him and Boba as enemies, because they both want to be the most successful bounty hunters in the galaxy. And here's a crazy idea, imagine if he completely changed his mind about the Sith after the Empire took over the galaxy, and he joins the Rebel Alliance and works with Jedi to try and defeat the Empire.

15. Mzukiller

Mzukiller Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    Honestly it should be Boba that kills him, for being a pretender to the thrown of "Best Bounty Hunter" in the Galaxy.
    Something like this would be great though, he doesn't die in some epic battle or a contract gone wrong. It just happens, or at the very least he goes to prison.

16. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    In retrospect I should have put more options in the poll.

Things such as:

"Kills his own dumb self (not intentionally)"
    "Commits suicide for some reason"
    "Dies in a vehicular / spacecraft / machinery / industrial accident"
    "Dies from a really random dumb luck thing like food poisoning"
    "Dies from a fatal disease"
    "Eaten by a wild animal"
    "Killed in a criminal underworld deal gone wrong"
    etc.

17. Hutch23

Hutch23 Jedi Knight star 1

May 15, 2006
    Perhaps he becomes, or just tries to become, guildmaster of the Bounty Hunters' Guild. Maybe a power struggle with Cradossk (Or his non-EU Mexican equivalent) could decide his ultimate fate.

18. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Frak someone beat me to it.

But maybe instead of contradicting the EU as his fate, his fate would be death by contradictions.

darth fluffy and Circular Logic like this.
  19. Cynicalx

Cynicalx Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2013
    He hunts down mysterious foes across the galaxy and never seen again.

20. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    It just makes sense, narratively and thematically, for Fett to replace Cad Bane as the most notorious bounty hunter in the galaxy by killing him over some dispute. It would actually help set up certain EU stuff more cleanly, since it would begin the breakdown of the bounty hunters' code and put an end to their more collaborative war-profiteering schemes shown in TCW).

21. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Even though I'm certain people will cry "fanservice!" it makes sense to me for Boba Fett to kill Cad Bane. He has to "officially" claim the title of the galaxy's best bounty hunter and killing the current best would make quite a lot of sense, from the story point of view.

On the other hand, any other fate wouldn't bother me at all.

22. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    If he should get killed by Boba Fett, It'd better be an really epic showdown.

23. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    No matter how it happens, it's already established that Boba Fett grows into the role of the bounty hunter. The greatest in the galaxy. Prior to this, this is the role played by Cad Bane, but short of another ridiculous retcon, this is the time period where we know Fett has to make his greatest strides in growing into what we know he becomes.

Something has to give.

As much as I like Bane, not showing Boba claim the title it's already been established he owns, just because we all like Cad Bane, would be no different than the way in which many feel Ahsoka Tano was seen to overshadow every other Jedi she encountered, including Masters (leading members of the Council, by God), even her Master (you know, the actual Chosen One), in TCW. Yes, new characters need to be fleshed-out and made to shine in their own right, but when the stories bounce around in the timeline the way they tend to do in the Star Wars narrative, one immutable fact is that considerations must be made for what every one of us already know is to come. CT-867-5309 put it this way: "Even though Bane is a 1000 times cooler, Rebels is Boba's era." Now, even if I loves me some Cad Bane, I don't agree that he's any 'cooler' than Fett, but that's besides the point. 5309's message is that Rebels is the beginning of Fett's time, and he's right.

I voted Fett would kill Bane, but you know, that's just because it seemed like the obvious sort of route. TaradosGon suggested seeing Boba learn under Bane's tutelage, before Cad is eliminated through some other means, and I thought that was kind of interesting. That said, I'm not sure I see Bane as that type of personality. I don't know, it could be cool. Personally, I'd like to see Cad Bane appear in a live action setting at some point*. While I don't see Bane as a character with the marketing cache to anchor a feature of his own, maybe his ultimate fate could be 'resolved' in a Boba Fett film?

* Hey, while I'm thinking of it, I've often wondered if someone with better photoshop skills than I could take maybe this photo:

[​IMG]

And add a certain wide-brimmed hat, maybe a breathing apparatus to ol' Chachi, there (the Duros looking at the camera), and share the results with us all.

I remember wondering if, with the 2011 blu ray release, maybe George would have considered popping this kind of surprise on us, indicating, with a wink and a nod, that Bane had survived the Clone War, after all. See how I brought it back around to the topic at-hand? ;) Seriously, though, something like that would have gone over a whole lot better with me than the addition of Vader's "No. Nooooo..." aboard the second Death Star. So, yeah, who's gonna take a shot at giving us a look at Cad Bane in 0 BBY? I think it would be really cool if anyone has the ability to give it a try.

Cevan and Circular Logic like this.
  24. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    In the next round of OT "updates" Cad Bane will appear in the Mos Eisley Cantina scene because that's what GL always intended but they didn't have the technology at the time for one of the blue dudes to have on a cowboy get-up.

25. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    That was surprisingly cynical of you, Tarkas. Perhaps I'm having an effect on you.