main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What software is best to experiement at home writing music

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by MustafarNative, Dec 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MustafarNative

MustafarNative Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 25, 2004
  2. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Well, I haven't used it yet personally, but from the demo I've seen, Garage Band looks like a really cool program.

3. Son-Of-Suns

Son-Of-Suns Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2000
    Adobe Audtition with the free loop libraries. My roommate uses Garage Band, they've got some GREAT loops on that program.

And like that...he's gone.

4. pahket

pahket Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 6, 2001
    I use Sibelius 3 for composing and ACID for sequencing.

5. Goldleader23

Goldleader23 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 15, 2003
    I've used Noteworthy Composer for about three years or so, but I'd love to get Sibelius 3 [face_love]

6. Jedi-Washington

Jedi-Washington Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2003
    Your best composing friend is a pencil and staff paper, but if you're looking to get your work played or need to turn it in to compitition, the best idea is probably either Sibelius, like they say, or go to the Coda Music series, which has a couple diferent levals depending on what you want.

I personally have Finale which is the big kahuba of coda music, but then again, I have to write orchestra scores. you might not need so much. it all depends on your needs. if you're just experamenting, go for demos or free limited downloads of bigger programs. Some people like the Sibelius, and others like Finale, or Print music. all you can do is try them.

Good luck though. composing is a fun world, but never forget the paper and pencil...never.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.