main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL What song are you listening to RIGHT NOW?!? (CF Music Thread)

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Bosh_Talk, May 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    Pantera - Regular People

"Don't **** with this!" <---words to live by also one of the best metal riffs ever is contained in this song

2. kosure

kosure Jedi Master star 3

Mar 5, 2004
    Bright Eyes' Light Pollution

"Its love of money not that market that those **** push on you."

Wow Conner, deep.

3. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    I Want It That Way -BSB

D'
    "Quit hatin' b1tche$!"

4. kosure

Mar 5, 2004
    Loving Battles' Ddiamondd

5. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
  6. kosure

Mar 5, 2004
    Radiohead 'covering' New Order's Ceremony.

7. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    Otep - Milk of Regret

The Ascension is an awesome album. Really digging it.

8. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Has anyone used the Amazon downloading and noticed a lot of song samples are not the song you are trying to listen to? Maybe it's just in the 80s hair metal section. I'm curious if you buy the song if you get the Britny Fox song or the Great White mistake.

9. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    I got a $25 iTunes card for Xmas that (go figure) I have no use for. Anyone wanna trade me something for it? Amazon gift card would be perfect as I need school books.

D'

10. Lothos

Lothos Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 28, 2002
    Muse- Knights of Cydonia.

Stupid sexy Guitar Hero...

11. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Even if you don't have an iPod, you can use iTunes. How can you not have a use for it! There must be some secret shame songs you want to download and not purchase the whole album.

12. Le_Penguin

Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    I think Dave's making the point of not giving monies to iApple. I'm sympathetic, but also know that there are enough "secret shame" songs in my mental list to consume two of those cards.

-Le Penguin,
    who knows all the lyrics to "Hips Don't Lie", and isn't completely embarrassed by it anymore

13. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    I have since found my shuffle. However, not only don't I like giving money to Apple, but I don't pay for music. I steal it. If the entire music & film industry collapses due to illegal downloading I wont lose any sleep. Well, let me clarify...if the entire music and film industries have to radically alter their business models, I wont lose any sleep.
    Essentially, when they start offering one-price (monthly/yearly) for "all you can download" then I'll consider sending in my check. That's pretty much the only model that can compete with FREE. Mostly it'd be like XM-Satellite service where you just punch in song-for-song or album-for-album that you want to hear...stream it and if you want, burn it.
    Never gonna happen? I don't care.

D'

14. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    Sand in yo va-jay-jay again?

Yep.

15. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    Goat, that really cuts deep, coming from someone who never complains about anything..evar.

D'

16. Bobafemme

Nov 25, 2000
    Le Peng and I may have some of the same secret shames!

Don't let Apple double win, Bosh. If you want to boycott Apple because you don't support paying for music, I won't argue with you. I will argue with you that Apple has double won because someone bought you music from them and you aren't using it. Now go out there and buy Girls School (Brinty Fox), Hips Don't Lie (Shakira), Outta My Head(Kylie Minogue), Staying Alive (Bee Gees), You Give Love a Bad Name (Bon Jovi), Died in Your Arms (Cutting Crew), Hot Stuff (Donna Summer)and anything moms or tweens listen to.

17. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    Funny, I have every single one of those songs already except for the Britny Fox one.

D'

18. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    You are complaining with no ground to stand on. You said you don't like giving money to Apple but since you have a gift card Apple already has the money. That battle is over. You might as well spend it on iTunes+ music which is DRM free.

With regards to stealing music, I'm no fan of DRM crippled files ala iTunes, BUT Apple has broken major ground in taking control of the music industry away from the RIAA. They have made the impact necessary for stores like Amazon's DRM free store to exist. That demands some measure of respect.

Furthermore, the all you can eat model has proven not to work already. The new Napster and Rhapsody are both AYCE but have only a shadow of the acceptance in the mainstream that Apple has achieved. The other problem is by and large these types of services are streaming services or contain worse DRM than iTunes.

19. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    Why don't I just sell or trade my gift-card to someone who wants MP3's, and I can get something I like....like that new Greedo sculpt.

D'

20. DarthAstuart

DarthAstuart Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    So, wait.

Does Bosh have sand in his va-jay-jay or not?

It's a sacred place to me. I'm worried and confused.

21. kosure

Mar 5, 2004
    to keep musicians and record executives afloat on their sea of Crystal the subscription price would be so prohibitively high you'd start bleeding out your music-hole.

Its not that I don't like the RIAA not getting what they want but, but to wrest control from that evil federation to the tune of domestic and european antitrust investigations sours it a bit.

Oh, and I'm listening to Dungen's better-than-Radiohead En GÃ¥ng I Ã…r Kom Det En TÃ¥r (So what if they're swedish, or whatever)

edit:reply to Goat

22. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    Robot Rock - Daft Punk

23. Le_Penguin

Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    For you Prince fans out there:

http://www.avclub.com/content/blog/my_year_of_flops_case_file_101

24. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    In The Heroin Diaries there is some funny shizz about Prince. Vanity is a co-star in that bit. Oh my...

"Action Jackson!"

25. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    Fight On by Powerglove

Those guys are awesome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.