main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What time are YOU showing up?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by shakes116, Aug 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shakes116

shakes116 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2009
    So I'm in the process of trying to make a schedule for Thursday (and Fri. Sat. and Sunday...)

For those of you that have been to previous Celebrations, what time do you normally show up in the morning?

I have the hyperspace perks, so I guess I get in 30 minutes early (?) or before the general crowd at least....what would be a good time to show up and get in line?

2. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Either get there an hour early to get a good spot in line to get in, or wait until a few minutes after 10 and you won't have to wait at all.

Myself, I'm walking straight in around 9am to help get the JC/FF table ready to go.

3. Plagious

Plagious Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2006
    C4 was my first Star Wars convention. I heard the stories of people waiting hours in line at C3 just to get in so I tried to be there 2 hours before the doors open at C4. I was shocked to see a line had already formed blocks away. Lucky for me I found another entrance where they let everyone in early on the other side of the building. I thought it was too good to be true. I only stood in line for an hour and walked right in when it was opened. Of course 10min after the door officially opened there wasn?t a single line. I don?t recall any other lines expect for key events. This year I will wait till it opens. The day is too long to be standing in line all morning. Although sometimes it can be fun getting to know people in line.

4. MattDoc

MattDoc Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2009
    At CIII I honestly don't recall the exact times that I arrived each day. I do know I was part of a LONG line that wrapped around the building on day 1. Was in that line for at least an hour.
    There was another day where I was in the Hyperspace line about an hour before opening (give or take) and my friend got in the regular line. Even with Hyperspace getting in 30 minutes early back then, he still got thru the doors before I did. I figure I'll get there an hour or so early.

That is...unless the "Christmas morning" syndrome wakes me up really early and there is nothing better to do but go wait for the doors to open. [face_dancing]

5. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I'm highly biased, but definitely show up past 10 after the line moves. A big part of the Celebration experience is the post-con hijinks each night, and you're missing out on a lot if you make yourself go to sleep early in order to line up outside the convention center at the crack of dawn.

6. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    I usually show up when I hear the Throne Room music from ANH. ;)

Actually, I'll see how the crowds are on Thursday morning. The weather will play a factor too, as to how early I'll be there.

7. ANGRY_LEIA

ANGRY_LEIA Jedi Master star 1

May 15, 2002
    I think last time I got in line at 830am and it was REALLY long. No where to sit, in full costume, it wasn't ideal.

Not sure what I'll do this time, but, yep, the "Christmas Morning" thing could definitely make me get there too early again. Hahaha!

Martha

8. KingTomatoXIII

KingTomatoXIII Jedi Youngling

Aug 4, 2010
    I'm showing up as soon as I get to Orlando on thursday. :p

I was going to leave after work, but I think I've caught a fever (coughwinkcough). And the only prescription is more cowbell! Er, I mean Star Wars!

So i'll probably be getting there sometime after lunch.

9. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    I think after waiting in the long line at C2 on the first day, we waited to get there around the time that it opened. I remember we parked a few blocks away too, by a mall. (I don't remember exactly, I wasn't driving. :p)

C3, I got a volunteer pass, so I had no problem getting in, and got in early a few days.

This time, I might wait until the con starts to get over there, espically on those days that I'll be in my TK. I can't sit. ;)

But who knows, it might all change, I have 3 roomies, and we might all have "Christmas Morning Anticipation". Espically since it is their first Celebration. (We've been to other cons together though. :))

10. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    I plan on waking up around 7am and then walking over there whenever I'm ready. Yes, it'll be early, but its a great way to make friends waiting in line and to see some of the people in costumes walking up as well.

11. KissinDigital

KissinDigital Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2010
    I keep telling people I'm not setting an alarm but I get the feeling I'll be up by 9/10 every morning. +_+

12. Jedi_Five

Jedi_Five Jedi Master star 1

Jul 23, 2010
    Well, based on my previous experience at CIV, I've decided I'll be waiting only when it is worth it. My biggest problem at CIV was not getting enough sleep each night and not feeling in good shape the next day to enjoy the Celebration! So, I plan on getting good nights sleep! Also seeing that no special event ever starts at 10:00 a.m. sharp, I see no point in rushing there for too long. My plan is to set the alarm at 8:40 a.m. on Thursday and Friday. Get dressed, have breakfast and go wait for the shuttle that will get me there whenever. On Saturday, it will be a little different since I'll be there waiting for the Main Event and on Sunday, I might go a little later since I'll be in bed late on Saturday night after the Last Tour to Endor event and a very long day on Saturday starting with the Main Event. Seeing that nothing I want to do on Sunday before noon, I might sleep in a little later, depending on how tired I will be! I'll see the One Man SW Trilogy at another time than Sunday, hopefully.

13. Photo-Knight

Photo-Knight Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 9, 2007
    I'll be there at O Dark Thirty most days. I don't *need* to get there early since I'm not a collector of exclusives, but I do love the early bird atmosphere. I also have collector friends that do go early to get the limited edition stuff. (We call our group "LineForce" since we're from different cities/countries so no single FanForce tag applies.)

On the other hand, this year I'm going for Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher autographs, so I suppose I do have a reason to get in line early. There is also the wristband line for Saturday morning.

Sleep? Meh. That's why I took vacation time from work for after C-V. [face_tired]

14. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    7 am everyday for exhibitor check in!

15. npgrace

npgrace Jedi Master star 1

Apr 20, 2005
    This is a very small section of the Hyperspace line on Day 1 of Celebration III around 10:30 AM:

[image=http://www.gracepictures.com/swc/CIII_0009.jpg]

Once you got to this point you were almost inside. I waited about 90 minutes to get in that morning, but it was fun meeting and talking to other Star Wars fans. The next days I got there between 10:30 AM - 11:00 AM and walked right in.

At CIV, I was there early on Day 1 and only had to wait outside for 20 minutes before getting in. All other days just walked right in.

Like others have said, if you get there after 10 AM, you'll probably have no problem.

16. welcome2MosEisley

welcome2MosEisley Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2010
    I will be hungover, and toting multiple females so I'll be enjoying a leisurely breakfast and strolling in after all of you.

17. Benae_Quee

Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Hubby and I got in line at like 6:30am the first day at CIV and were right near the front, maybe 100 or so people back. By the time the doors opened, the line moved in fast, but boy were we exhausted. The rest of the days, we just went about 20 minutes after opening and walked right in with minimal wait time (5-10 minutes?).

This year I'm lucky to have an exhibitor badge, so no line for me. I'll actually miss it a little, the excitement of waiting with your fellow fans, the costumes everyone is wearing as they walk by the line. The celebs walking down the line greeting everyone. Those were great memories!

Here's one of my favorite photos from the first day :) After waiting in line for hours, we were lucky to be under the awning by the stairs in the shade, we were TIRED.
    [image=http://photos.imageevent.com/benaequee/starwars/celebration4/large/IMG_0645.JPG]

18. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    And I might add, Benae saved my butt the first day of CIV after I left my purse on the shuttle and helped me track it down. [:D]

19. Benae_Quee

Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Princess Leia to the rescue ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.