main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What time do you plan on getting to the Convention Center each day?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by jaklits, May 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaklits

jaklits Jedi Knight

May 2, 2007
    At C2 and C3 I arrived between two and three hours before the doors opened. On Thurs I'm not sure what time I should get there. Another thing, my Wife like many women it seems, always needs to go to the bathroom, at Indy that wasn't a problem because the hotel was right aross the street, does anyone know what the situation will be like at the LA Convention Center, will there be a place to go the bathroom while waiting on line to get in?

2. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    I plan on getting there around the time doors open each day since I will have a Volunteer Badge ;)

3. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Amen. Sleeping in for the win!

4. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Do you mind carrying in an AboutaSith shaped suitcase on wheels? :cool:

For Fan Day i'm at work so i'll just get there when I get there, should be by 1pm. On the sat I plan go get down there real early.

5. JediEddy

JediEddy Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2001
    To me, standing in line is almost half the fun. Allot of people don't like to, but you get to meet many, MANY new Star Wars fans who share your love for the movies and their experiences thru the years! I met many new friends at CIII and hope to meet MANY more at CIV! Hey, that kind of rhymes.

See you in line! Or should I say....lines! :D
    15 days and counting.

6. jaklits

jaklits Jedi Knight

May 2, 2007
    The one thing I have to say about waiting in lines at C1, C2 and C3 and there were a lot of long lines is, no ever got loud or unruly, everyone on line was there to have a good time and lines were just part of the event. I had overheard security at C2 praise how well behaved the Star Wars fans were compared to the gaming crowed.

7. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Well, the parking garage opens at 6 am....

8. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    I'll be there about an hour before Fan Hall opens probably.

9. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    while waiting in line with fellow star wars fans is fun, waiting in lines indoors for programming panels is a lot better than waiting outdoors to get in. i'm guessing that LA in late may is a bit warmer than Indy in early May (didn't we get some flurries at c3?)

today it's 95 degrees in LA (though for the rest of the week, they expect it to drop each day, until it reaches highs in the low 70s). So be prepared for some potential heat while waiting in line. Possibly, the lines might end up snaking outside in the sun.
    - Hat, shades, sunblock, water. (not sure how restroom access will work)
    - woe to those in masks or heavy makeup.

Or they might take a section of the South hall lobby or even some of the connected parking garages to use for entry lines to keep people out of the heat.

10. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    It looks like there will be multiple lines depending on where you want to go. From the information sheet mailed with my badge.

Mail-Out Registrants: You may enter the Convention Center at either the South Show Gate, located on the right-hand side of the main doors into the South Tower Lobby, or the West Show Gate, located on the right-hand side of the main doors into the West Tower Lobby.

It goes on to say...

Celebration Store: Entrance to the Celebration IV store will be located at the North Terrace of the West Hall. Only Fan Club members may enter the store at 12pm on Thursday, May 24th through Friday morning. Attendees who are not Fan Club members may enter the store beginning Friday, May 25th at 10am.

It looks like we'll need to plan where we want to go first each day and get in the proper line. At least that should make entry a little quicker. I like it!

11. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I'm a part of that caravan :)

12. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    I can't find a "one stop shopping" graphic that will show you exactly the entrances that are in the info that Carolyn posted, but this image isn't bad -- plus it shows access routes and parking lots (but some of that Staples Center parking is under construction at the moment).

LACC map

You can also find site info and a virtual tour at this link: LACC

13. ArtyEwok

ArtyEwok LFL Artist star 4 VIP

Mar 18, 1999
    One of the perks of being an artist. Ahh, sweet, sweet sleep.

14. mrsge

mrsge Jedi Youngling

Aug 12, 2005
    Thanks for posting the link to LACC. It helps a lot. I still don't know where I'm going, but at least now I know what direction to walk from the Metro.

15. jaklits

jaklits Jedi Knight

May 2, 2007
    I thought the whole Convention Center is open to Fan Club members on Thursday, why does it only mention the store entrance being open on Thursday?

16. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    The way I read it, it's just telling you where the entrances are so you'll know that there's a separate entrance you can access for the store.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.