main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What time to line up for Thursday?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by hog-o-sith_72, Apr 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hog-o-sith_72

hog-o-sith_72 Jedi Youngling

Mar 26, 2005
    OK, since people seem obsessed with lines, what time is good to line up to just get in on Thursday? I'm a Fan Club member and want to get my 4 CIII Vader figures first off. Help?

2. DarthRusty

DarthRusty Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2005
    From what I have heard, there are already people lined up.

-- Rusty

3. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    I plan on lining up at 10:00-10:30 AM. The doors don't open for Fan Club members until noon,so I figure that will be plenty of time. :)

4. hog-o-sith_72

Mar 26, 2005
    People are already lined up?!!! That's nuts!

5. Aaron2010

Aaron2010 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2005
    I'll be getting there at 10:45. I have to work.

6. jakejar

jakejar Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 23, 2004
    We're not getting to Indy until noon - 1:00, so maybe a short line by then???

jakejar's mom

7. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    My Wife and I were at the Convention Center Sunday afternoon and there wasn't anyone in line that we saw.

WOW! STAR WARS CELEBRATION III is really, really close! :D Bring it on! [face_dancing]

8. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    Look at the new banner.

See the lines?

Those pics were taken today ;)

9. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    I'm pretty sure you'll get a ticket for loitering if you're in line at this point.

10. r2fu2

r2fu2 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2004
    I'll be in line bright and early.
    Channel 12 news is following me and my friend around.

11. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Holy crap, Im in line right now and posting from my blackberry. I think atleast 30,000 people are here in line. This is nuts.

12. OBIX1

Oct 7, 2002
    "See the lines?
    Those pics were taken today"

"I think atleast 30,000 people are here in line. This is nuts."

*Mass Panic*

;)

13. DarthRusty

Mar 30, 2005
    Holy crap, Im in line right now and posting from my blackberry. I think atleast 30,000 people are here in line. This is nuts.

DUDE! Come on up here to the front. You can cut in here. We have some killer chees dip and videos going on!

-- Rusty

14. TheDarthVader

TheDarthVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    are you joking?

If this is serious the wait on thursday will be hours and hours long.

15. OBIX1

Oct 7, 2002
    "are you joking?"

Yep. There's no line yet. I can guarentee the earliest the line will start on Thursday is probably around 5-6 AM or so. :)

16. hog-o-sith_72

Mar 26, 2005
    Oh OBIX, you joker. Teee Heee. Guffaw! My sides hurt. Ya got me you ol' gravy leg!

17. Siri_Ruane

Siri_Ruane Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2003
    *smakcs OBIX1*

Stop scaring people! :p

18. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    I think I'll just walk in the Associate entrance... :p

19. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    I am in the same boat as Jakejar and his mom. I should be coming in around 1-2 pm. Think the line will be thinning out by then?

I hope?

20. gandalfbmg

gandalfbmg Jedi Master star 2

May 16, 2002
    You know, nobody's commented on the first part of Hog-o-sith's original post, which to me begs the question: Why are people (especially Star War people) so obsessed with lines? Seems like every kind of social activity that involves Star Wars, we're always looking for excuses to line up. Is it a competetion thing? Do we all need shrinks?

21. r2fu2

r2fu2 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2004
    The only thing we need shrinks for are the lines. :p

22. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    "are you joking?

If this is serious the wait on thursday will be hours and hours long
    "

Thursday will probably be a rather manageable line. Many people aren't coming in until late Thursday or even Friday, so Thursday's line won't be bad at all.

Just get there an hour-and-a-half or two hours ahead of time and you will be fine. :)

23. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    Blah, no one's answered my question about getting there an hour and a half or two hours *late* however.

And for that matter, what about other days? There's no way I will be lining up before the doors open, I'm thinking of showing up around 10 or so in the moring. Maybe 9 am. But if that means doing nothing but sitting outside for a couple hours...meh. I am sposed to meet someone at 11:30 on friday morning...will the line be gone by *then* at least?

SW fans are crazy about lines. It annoys me. :p

24. FateNaberrie

FateNaberrie Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 31, 2000
    Yeah, I honestly never thought about waiting in line just to get into the Con itself, that's annoying. I hope they go down after an hour/hour and a half or so, because if I have to wait in line all day just to get in I will not be happy.

25. DarthRusty

Mar 30, 2005
    One of my most vivid memories from C2 was the size of the line on Saturday morning. I swear, it never ended. My buddy and I were filming it and it just went on and on for miles. And I do mean miles. We were walking, trying to find the end, but when we saw that it wrapped up and around the road, around the corner, off into oblivion... we stopped and went back to our place up front. It was truly something to behold. I have always wondered what time those folks at the back actually got to see the front doors, let alone get into the convention center. All I remember is having been in the building for a couple of hours and seeing the line still being ushered through the front doors. Mind blowing.

So basically, if you don't mind what time you get in, you can pretty much just show up whenever. But no matter what, you will still have to stand in somewhat of a line. And then when you get inside, you will stand in a line. I agree that Star Wars fans get out of line (no pun) with our lines. But for an event this size, with the amount of people attending, you have to expect to wait.

-- Rusty

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.