main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What time to line up for Thursday?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by hog-o-sith_72, Apr 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    I just that after all this I can get tickets for Thursday/Friday. I planned too late to get them in advance. :( I think we'll make it about late morning/early afternoon on Thursday. It helps we gain an hour due to no Daylight Savings Time, I guess.

2. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    "There's no way I will be lining up before the doors open"

Good luck getting in at any reasonable time. Read DarthRusty's post. That's exactly what it was like every day.

Why do so many people complain about the lines? Meeting fellow fans in the lines was one of the best parts of C2, and I made friends with whom I still keep in contact. Personally, I can't wait to line up each morning. It's what us Star Wars fans do. :D

Since you're going to be in line, you might as well enjoy it. This is flipping Celebration III after all. :D

3. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    I sincerely hope this isn't the case this time on Saturday. I know people will be lined up for the GL thing, but I'm not going to that. I hope to be able to actually get IN the conn center however. I didn't know the line would be *that* bad. :confused: Is it as bad for fan club people as well?

4. DarthRusty

DarthRusty Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2005
    Hard to know. Last time WotC screwed the Fan Club thing up royally and everyone got in at the same time. Hopefully this time it will be regulated better.

-- Rusty

5. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Yes, I do recall that last time. Fan Club members got no benefits.

Oh, and I remember last time on Friday morning people tried to start lining up at 5AM. ;) But just get there an hour or an hour-and-a-half-ahead of time, and you'll be good.

6. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    Not gonna happen. I had hoped to get there maybe an hour or so after opening. As I said. I had heard the line sort of dissipates around then, so the wait isn't so long. I dunno where I heard this, somewhere on this forum, because I sincerely hope that's true.

7. DarthRusty

Mar 30, 2005
    Actually on Friday we were lined up at 4am. There were about eight of us out there. We TRIED to start lining up at 2am. LMAO. Ah... good times. This is gonna be awesome!

-- Rusty

8. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    Wow...I'm beginning to regret going at all. This is gonna be awful. And I am dragging my aunt over on Friday, she's gonna be getting to Indy like 9 or 10 am. I'm dragging her all the way over to wait in a ****ing line all day????

*cries*

9. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    I don't have to worry about lines to get in since I work every morning. I hope you guys don't get rained on.

10. DarthRusty

Mar 30, 2005
    I hope we DO. Adds to the atmosphere and will be just like Celebration I. We will cower under our umbrellas and be as Yoda on Dagobah. (And now I have taken my geek too far.)

-- Rusty

11. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    So you ARE saying that if someone comes late they aren't waiting outside all day? I have absolutely no desire to be there when the doors open. I realize this is a SW nerd thing, like the midnight showing of a new SW movie, and that's fine, everyone has their own thing they do. But it's not what *I* do. I couldn't care less. All I care about is getting in the conn and not havig to wait in a line. If that means not showing up until 11 or 12 every day, I guess I can live with that. But if the lines are going all day long and I won't be able to get in at all unless I'm there hours early, then I am screwed.

12. DarthRusty

Mar 30, 2005
    I realize this is a SW nerd thing, like the midnight showing of a new SW movie, and that's fine, everyone has their own thing they do. But it's not what *I* do.

*looks around. goes outside to check the sign on the door. looks around again.*

This IS TheForce.net, right? I thought coming here automatically lumped you into that "Star Wars nerd" catagory. And if not coming here, then SURELY posting on the boards would do so. Not to offend, but that came off kind of ******.

-- Rusty

droideka EDIT: please star profanity all the way out

13. 4ways2rock

4ways2rock Jedi Youngling

Sep 29, 2004
    Connemara
    Hey man you need to chill out. We got in line at C2 about an hour and a half before the doors opened (10 am I believe) for non-fan members. It was around the dome and down into the TV truck parking lot. We still got in and saw the Opening Ceremonies by noon. I find that some people are freakin out on these boards for no reason other then they are possibly crazy and insecure. There will be lines, have fun in them and take most of the craziness on these boards with a grain of salt.

14. gandalfbmg

gandalfbmg Jedi Master star 2

May 16, 2002
    I'm gonna have to back up Connemara a bit here. I said something earlier about the whole line obsession. I just don't get it. I look at lines as a necessary evil, NOT something to look forward too. Personally, I know we'll be taking our time in the mornings, getting breakfast, maybe taking a dip in the pool (this is a vacation after all) before heading into the madness. Like at Disneyland, I understand that when hundreds, even thousands, of people want to do the same thing, there's gonna be a line. But don't hate us because we like a bit less standing around on our vacation.

15. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    Rusty- I'm a geek too. I have my own weird nerd things I do. I don't take being called a nerd or geek as insult, and neither should you, if you're seriously contemplating standing in line at 4 am for a SW convention anyway. ;)

Most days I can probably make it to the con center by 8:30 in the morning, if that's what it takes. But Saturday that ain't happening. The FF party is the night before, I'll be up way late, I'll sleep in and get there I dunno, 10 am at the earliest. I dunno...I am hoping to come in after the lines, since I won't be there early enough to beat them. By after I don't mean I think I'll get away without lining up at all, I know I'll be probably waiting at any time of the day to get in, but I mean we're talking 15-30 mins, not hours.

But since no one can give me a straight answer about whether the lines *ever* shorten, I AM going to freak out.

16. DarthRusty

Mar 30, 2005
    But don't hate us because we like a bit less standing around on our vacation.

That's strange. I was under the impression that those that didn't like the line thing were the ones talking down to those who actually enjoy their time with fellow fans hanging out. My mistake. ;)

And as far as taking offense. None at all. I embrace my geek. I just don't like it when people take the "Oh, I'm SO above all of that" stance when it comes to things like this. Makes no sense.

-- Rusty

17. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    OK, thing is, we just have different priorities. I already HAVE a ton of people I am meeting up with at C3. I don't want to stand in line and talk to strangers. I'm not usually very social around strangers, it's party shyness and partly I'm just not interested. They may be great people, but I'm going to C3 to meet certain people, and to do certain things. Not stand outside half the day chatting with strangers.

I don't look down on yu if that's what you enjoy, I'm only saying that's about the LAST thing I wanna be doing, just like gandalf is saying, and so I woud be devastated if I was stuck outside all day waiting in line and missing out on seeing my friends, shopping around, getting autographs, watching fanfilms, all the things I am going to Indianapolis for.

18. DarthRusty

Mar 30, 2005
    A straight answer based on the last Celebration is this... if you are going to get in line at 10am, you might as well just wait and come down at noon or a little before. Because you will be getting in at the same time. Yes, the lines do thin out. Obviously. But all I know is that at 10am the last time, that line was so damn long that you couldn't see the end of it without walking a very good distance.

So honestly, if you don't care what time you get in, I would say just wander down at around noon. You should, at that point, be able to wander right in. And if there is still a line, it should be much shorter.

-- Rusty

19. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    Oh, ok. Well, I may do that for Saturday at least. I might be meeting people for lunch, so I might just wait until after than anyway than we can all go back together and at least I'll have people to wait in line with, if we still hafta wait. was kinda hoping to catch Jake Lloyd at 1 pm, but that's looking kinda unlikely now.

They ought to have more than two entrances to this thing. It sounds like it's gonna be a zoo!

20. DarthRusty

Mar 30, 2005
    I already HAVE a ton of people I am meeting up with at C3.

Unfortunately, I am in the minority when it comes to my friends and loving Star Wars. Being able to hang out with fans from across the globe who actually share my love of the films IS my vacation. Therein lies my love of hanging out in line. I get to be, well... not me. At least not the day to day me. If that makes any sense at all.

-- Rusty

21. 4ways2rock

4ways2rock Jedi Youngling

Sep 29, 2004
    But since no one can give me a straight answer about whether the lines *ever* shorten, I AM going to freak out.

The line up outside will become non-existant. The lines inside will be a different story depending on what you want see. ie; Rick McCallum Spectacular (when he is there in person, not on the loop), good luck!

22. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    Oooh absolutely. You misunderstood me. None of my local friends are coming. The only non-JC people I will know there are my aunt and mom. But I know a lot of the people from this forum that are going, and I talk with on a regular basis and all, and they're the people I look forward to meeting up with.

But I understand the line thing can be cool. I've just never been the type to spontaneously make friends with strangers. :p

Btw about my aunt and mom, they're getting up there in years (in their 50s) so they're not gonna be able to stand in line for a long time, especially not my mom, she's not in perfect health or anything. They're coming in Friday, what time should I tell them to show up so they won't have too painful a wait? Noon? Or will things be better on Friday maybe since there shouldn't be as many people?

23. Iwakura

Iwakura Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    conne, don't worry too much. there will be a significant line-wait to get into the ICC, but by no means will it be "all day" or anything approaching that. for the opening day of c2, i arrived in indy at about 5:30am, got in line probably around 7am and was in the ICC shortly after 10am.

24. FateNaberrie

FateNaberrie Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 31, 2000
    I just want to say that I'm glad Connemara doesn't like waiting in lines, because I'd hate to listen to that whining for hours when I'm trying to be an optimist and get the most out of the necessary evils of my trip.

25. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    I'm just glad I won't have to put up with Fate at C3. Wouldn't want someone that obnoxious and rude to ruin my experience. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.