main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC19 What to do outside Celebration

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Obi Anne , Jan 17, 2019.

1. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Second City tickets go on sale today at 2PM C/ST;

Rogue Pun: A Star Wars Show

"Star Wars Celebration is taking Chicago by storm this April, and The Second City is proud to join the Resistance! Rogue Pun: A Star Wars Show is presented in collaboration with Lucasfilm. Witness the power of this fully operational, two-act show that incorporates the Jedi improv skills of our comedy clones and hysterical sketch comedy in hyperdrive created just for the ultimate Star Wars fans. Will there be any surprises? There to find out you must be, hmmm? Cosplayers welcome!"

https://www.secondcity.com/shows/chicago/rogue-pun-a-star-wars-show/

2. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    I wonder how many fans are going to the 2nd City performance and the 501st Bash at the museum? my husband, who is from Chicago says everyone should be very careful if they are traveling from one end of the city to the other(north-south)late at night. be very aware of you surroundings and belongings! travel in groups-always if possible, esp. if you're in costume. get a flashlight, think safety when in Chicago and try to have fun.

3. Jedi Older Code

Jedi Older Code Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2014
    Pizza. Give me the must eats in Chicago.

4. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    The Papa John's is delightful.

5. Jedi Older Code

Jedi Older Code Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2014
    You're messed up man.

Link1130 and star_wars_is_good like this.
  6. EnviousSerious-Rue

EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2009
    Papa John's, Subway, Burger King appear to be within a couple of blocks west of McCormick.
    It appears Chinatown is a bit further west.

7. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    Navy Pier is always a good option. Shopping, restaurants, and an IMAX theater, among other things.

The Cadillac Palace Theater is a great place to catch a musical, but you probably would want to already have tickets by now.

Willis Tower is the second-tallest building in America, really cool to go to the Skydeck.

8. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    Tomorrow will be cold and rainy all day - good museum day for those arriving today/early tomorrow: Planetarium/Natural History Museum/Art Institute - great days for all that. Visibility from Willis Tower or the Hancock building will be terrible.

9. Ginkasa

Ginkasa Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    Who is all going to the Cubs game tomorrow? Wife and I bought ponchos since it's going to be rainy.

10. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I hope you guys get the game in. It looks like it's mostly in the afternoon though, so you should be okay.

Link1130 likes this.
  11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yeah - if it's too rainy they won't play.

Link1130 likes this.
  12. Ginkasa

Jun 13, 2002
    Oh no.

13. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I suggest checking their website before you make the trip if it's wet:
    https://www.mlb.com/cubs
    There's a 'contact us' section at the bottom.

Link1130 likes this.
  14. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    There's not anything they'll do for you. If it rains out, you can exchange for another game, but that's it.

15. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, but if they check the website to make sure the game is on before they go at least it won't be a wasted trip.

Padme501st and Link1130 like this.
  16. superstardestroyer-1

superstardestroyer-1 Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 20, 2002
    I'm pretty excited. Saturday night, there's a band I like playing at Lincoln Hall in Lincoln Park: Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers. Pretty much straightforward rock and roll with a bit of country/southwestern influence. If you will be in the area, it's worth checking out.

17. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    @Link1130 have you been to Wrigley Field before? If not I'd say go even if it's a rainout just to see the neighborhood and check out some of the local establishments. Wrigleyville is fun even if there is no game.

Rylo Ken and Link1130 like this.
  18. Ginkasa

Jun 13, 2002
    Have not. Definitely will check out the area regardless although considering I've bought tickets ideally I'll be able to use those.

cubman987 likes this.
  19. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    For sure, hope the weather cooperates!

Link1130 likes this.
  20. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    Maybe if everyone coming in tomorrow just goes up to Oak Street Beach with their towels and sunglasses we can will the weather into the upper 70s.

21. Ms_Elizabeth_Darthee

Ms_Elizabeth_Darthee Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2019
    Today it made it to 60 degrees so it would've been perfect for the beach. I just checked the report for tomorrow and I don't think any amount of will can convince it to go from the 40s to the 70s.

Rylo Ken likes this.
  22. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    That's probably for the best. You really want to experience Chicago beaches the way they were meant to be experienced:
    [​IMG]

Padme501st likes this.
  23. Ginkasa

Jun 13, 2002
    Went to the game. It wasn't rained out, but it was uncomfortably cold. Still pretty fun, though.

Rylo Ken and ChrisLyne like this.
  24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Glad you got to see the game!

Link1130 likes this.
  25. DarthRayje

DarthRayje Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2019
    Daughter woke up 6am and made our way to Milennum Park, "The Bean," and Adler Planetarium. If you're in need of a breather, all fun to see!