main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit What to read before Mando S02?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Urple, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Urple

Urple Jedi Padawan

Apr 17, 2019
    I have been on a quest to consume every piece of canon fiction because apparently I'm a masochist, and I'm trying to do it in order of release date. The problem is, I'm still in the Ep 7 era and there's no way I'm reading everything before Mando season 2 drops.

I know of the rumors swirling around characters coming back, so I thought I'd ask the community - what is essential reading/watching before the season that might tie in? I still haven't seen Rebels past season 1......

2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I'd say you should finish Rebels, at minimum.

Jedi Ben and Daneira like this.
  3. Urple

Urple Jedi Padawan

Apr 17, 2019
    I thought so.

But there are books that tie into characters in Rebels that I was hoping would enhance the experience of watching that show, i.e. the Thrawn and Ahsoka novels. Are those important to read? Any others?

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    An adult novel tie-in to The Mandalorian was supposed to be out in December. However it got pushed back and the Amazon UK date is now Oct 14 2021. Not sure if it was meant to have a bearing on season 2 or not.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  5. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    I was hoping it would but guess not.