main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - OT WHAT TOUCHES THE HEART OF HAN SOLO

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Hopefulwriter, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Hopefulwriter

Hopefulwriter Jedi Master star 3

Jan 6, 2016
    Writer: Hopefulwriter
    Time Frame: From the Empire Strikes Back and beyond)
    Rating: E For Everyone
    Characters: Han Solo, Leia Organa

By his mid thirties, in Galactic years, Han Solo had become disillusioned.. wary, skeptical….he’d been betrayed…and took to living and working outside the influence of the law. He’d become a smuggler, a gun runner, a spice deliverer…a scoundrel and a pirate…dealing with the underworld.

He kept to himself, looking out for no one except his partner and himself. He didn’t look for trouble….he didn’t have to…it followed him like his shadow; always ending as the victor in any challenge.

Evading military police and bounty hunters alike he skimmed the edge of the galaxy plying his trade. When he had to kill, he showed no emotion….it was as if his heart was dead.

Then he met a princess…..one who was like him in many ways; headstrong, opinionated,
    impulsive, determined and fearless. It took him by surprise…..

At first he was as gruff with her as he was with anyone….she gave as good as she got..
    he’d met his match! He wouldn’t have admitted it, but he enjoyed their bantering and
    through their adventures together, they worked as a team….even others noticed the
    bonding between the two.

Han had begun to let himself feel again, with no reservation…and soon it became evident
    the change that had taken place…for they began to realize what touched the heart of Han Solo….

The love-light in Leia’s eyes.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
    amidalachick and Ewok Poet like this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Insightful and squeelicious! Leia knew how to soften the barriers where no one else dared :D :*

3. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Nyota, Thank you for taking your time to read. Appreciate your comments.
    He's not as hard hearted as acts. Lynda V.

4. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    "Lovelight" happens to be one of my favourite ABBA songs. And I can totally see how meeting one's own love light would make somebody drop their shields - before or after helping in an operation of...dropping shields. These H/L vignettes of yours are a much-needed pick-me-up today and yes, I know I already said that, but it needed to be said again. [face_love]

5. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Oh, another December special here on the fan fic boards that I did not react on because I was so busy giving my Dutch husband a great time for Sinterklaas, a feast that has more meaning to his people (and the Belgians) than Christmas itself.

To describe how Han Solo opens up to Leia and her love is wonderful, @Hopefulwriter. You always manage to say so much with only a few words! ^:)^

6. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Poet,
    Thank you for taking your time to read WHAT TOUCHES THE HEART OF HAN SOLO.
    Love writing the 'missing scenes', just my viewpoint.
    Your comments are encouraging and appreciated. Lynda V.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  7. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hello Azure, catching up on story comments. I don't like to leave anyone out.
    I am so appreciative of each one who reads and comments. Enjoy the coming
    spring. Lynda.

8. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Another beautiful vignette and a fantastic look at Han's character!

This is such a great line.

They really are a perfect match. [face_love] I love them, and I love your stories!

9. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Chick, Appreciate you taking time to read WHAT TOUCHES THE HEART OF HAN SOLO.
    Your comments are always an encouragement. Thank you. Lynda V.

AzureAngel2 and amidalachick like this.
  10. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    I know who would really love this, but dancing_star hasn't been to the boards in ages. In her place: =D= [face_dancing] [:D]

Thank you for the wonderful Han Solo viggie. So, so much.

Last edited: May 16, 2021
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  11. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Daena, I appreciate you taking time to read WHAT TOUCHES THE HEART OF HAN SOLO.
    Your words are encouraging. I love writing SW fan fiction, especially Han and Leia.
    Hope you will enjoy the other stories I've posted here if you choose to read them. Lynda V.