main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What Turns So Many of You Away From the Yuuzhan Vong?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Amphistaff-Chuck, May 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    The main thing that turns me off the Vong is that they're utterly uninteresting. There never seems to be anything new under the sun. Whenever I read a Vong chapter I find myself going "Okay, we get, they're fanatical. Now do something new or get back to the heroes."

YubYub and TG- Protecting fangirls from hormonally gifted fanboys since 2002

2. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    To quote someone who posted earlier, I think I don't care for the Vong because I don't care for the whole NJO. I read VP and you know what folks? Vector Prime is G.I. Joe: The Movie meets Star Wars. Those of you who have seen it know what I'm talking about. And let me tell you, I out grew that movie when I was about six. Care to guess what a disappointment reading it was for a college graduate?

Most of the characters were ... well, lame. I've never liked Kyp, I thought Luke should have killed him as a service to the galaxy ages ago. The contrived love interest for Jacen was just that: contrived. The only non-canon (meaning non-movie) character worth keeping died before the first book was over and a lot that should never have been inflicted on us survive still.

It was a noble effort, perhaps for a worthwhile cause. If there are folks out there who like the Vong, please, don't let me stop you from enjoying them further, but there's just no way you're going to be able to convince me there's much merit in a marginally interesting premise that I feel was handled quite badly.

3. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    *groans*

Why resurrect this thread? We already established that the vast majority of writers don't like writing the Vong because they think they're too 2-Dimensional.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.