main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What was Corde's cause of death

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by babymouseinzehaus, Mar 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. babymouseinzehaus

babymouseinzehaus Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2002
    After the big explosion at the beginning of Attack Of The Clones I took it for granted that the explosion caused Corde's death.

However upon closer examination I have noticed that all her limbs are intact, she has no signs of head trauma, she has a visible scratch on her forehead and some bleeding from the mouth. There are no signs of shrapnel ripping through any part of her body, so I am at a loss to explain her death.

One second she looks fine, as if she has just woken from a good nights sleep, and an instant later she just dies.

I have no doubt that the force of the explosion and the subsequent impact with the ground could have knocked the wind out of her considerably, but still doesn't explain her sudden death given that she shows no real physical signs of the explosion like shrapnel wounds, so we can pretty much rule out loss of blood (as evidenced by a total lack of blood on the ground or large quantities of blood leaving her body).

Therefore I propose that Palpatine killed her with the darkside of the force. If Vader can force choke, then I am sure that Palpatine being more powerful could easily perform a force KILL, maybe with something simple like a snap of the fingers.

2. -_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 28, 2002
    Corde died from internal injuries sustained in the blast from what it appears.

3. Azanulbizar

Azanulbizar Jedi Master star 1

Nov 22, 2003
    ^^ I agree. Also, GL might not have been able to show her injuries more extensively for the PG rating, perhaps? He also might not have wanted it too gory as it was the opening scene.

4. babymouseinzehaus

babymouseinzehaus Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2002
    I forgot to point out that censorship could not have been the reason for not showing carnage, as there seems to be a dismemberment in every Star Wars film, including the beheading of Jango in Attack Of The Clones.

I dont think they need to show Corde's arms/legs being blown off in the explosion, and if blood was not shown to be leaking, at least show a missing arm/leg like they did with Anakin near the end (of course Anakin didn't die from his wound).

5. IEatPoodoo

IEatPoodoo Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    The question I've aways had was why did she say, "I'm sorry Senator, I failed you." When she obviously did her job very well, since it was her dying on the floor and not Padme...

6. ObiwanJohn

ObiwanJohn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 12, 2003
    "some bleeding from the mouth."

Big time evidence of internal injuries. Blood coming out of the mouth is not good. An explosion can kill you without ever penetrating your flesh. The shockwave it what does it.

7. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    Ahhh, c'mon, bleeding from the mouth ain't no big deal ;) When did intense internal injuries kill anyone, eh?

Corde should've leapt up and yelled "I ain't got time to bleed!" :p

8. I-poodoo

I-poodoo Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2001
    Yeah it was the concussion wave of the explosion that killed Corde. Probably it ruptured her ear drums and caused some blood vessels to burst-maybe in her brain causing an anneurism (spelling).
    Fatal internal bleeding-pretty quick, but I wouldn't think it'd be the best way to go.

As for why Corde was sorry for doing her job. I wouldn't have put it past Padme to tell her decoys not to die for her despite that being their intended purpose. Corde failed her in that way perhaps.

9. Saul_Iscariot

Saul_Iscariot Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2004
    I think she died because it was wrote the she should have, think Laura Palmer.

10. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Well, Corde died because thats what George Lucas wanted to happen? Try not to look too in depth at these movies? ;)

If you REALLY want a medical reason why she dies, there are several possibilities.

The explosion hit her from the back, so thats where the main trauma to her flesh is likely to be. It may have torn an enormous hole in her back, leading to severe shock and heart attack.

She could have hit her head as she landed on the floor, possibly causing a fractured skull, and massive bleeding around and within her brain. Blood clot's/Heamorage.

The force of the explosion could have torn major internal organs, like her liver, stomach, etc... Which would lead to massive bleeding, a catastrophic drop in blood pressure, and her heart would stop.

Her heart itself may have been severely damaged by the trauma, tearing and ripping major vain's and artery's, in her heart. Once again, this would cause a catastrophic drop in blood pressure, with heart attack and death quickly following.

So, there you have it. In that sort of explosion and trauma there are several reason's why Corde would die. :D

11. dee_dee24m

dee_dee24m Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 20, 2003
    She saw somebody from ILM creating a digital double of ObiWan's cloke in the Dexter's Diner scene, and thought "right, that's it, i've lost the will to live" :)

12. Jedi_Master_Ev-dog

Jedi_Master_Ev-dog Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2004
    I think she contracted a quick case of hypothermia and froze to death because her shoes got blown off in the explosion.

13. Son-Of-Suns

Son-Of-Suns Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2000
    Expendable extra sickness.

And like that...he's gone.

14. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Internal injuries. Simple as that.

15. DamonD

Nov 22, 2002
    Yeah, something to do with that ship exploding just behind her.

16. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    Probably turned her insides to jelly. And that's just not healthy.
    :)

17. DamonD

Nov 22, 2002
    Ahhh, c'mon...everyone loves jelly.

18. doctoryoda

doctoryoda Jedi Master star 7

Jan 18, 2004
    Strawberry

And why would Palps want to kill Corde?

19. DamonD

Nov 22, 2002
    He didn't, he was rather hoping it would be Padme caught in the blast. Should've remembered her fondess for body doubles.

20. Devilanse

Devilanse Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
    Corde should've leapt up and yelled "I ain't got time to bleed!"

Would Typho then ask her..."Ya got time to duck?"

21. Luke_SW

Luke_SW Jedi Master star 2

Apr 13, 2003
    Corde died so that she could be replaced in the film by Dorme
    ....(drool) oohhhhhh.....Dorme :)

22. Max Rebo

Max Rebo Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 15, 1998
    she died of shame and embarrassment from being seen in public wearing that outfit of Padme's.

23. rsterling78

rsterling78 Jedi Knight star 5

May 26, 2002
    Look, I think you're all reading way too much into this blunt trauma and internal hemorrhaging thing. She died of natural causes.

24. fosh-bantus88

fosh-bantus88 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2003
    maybe she had SARS

25. Darth_Ice

Darth_Ice Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 21, 2004
    maybe she had SARS

[face_laugh]

Seriously though, I'd have to go with everyone else with the internal injuries cause.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.