main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What was that movie?

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Koohii, Nov 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    There was another movie about some school in Australian Outback where the class & teacher were kidnapped, then went Rambo on the kidnappers. Very creepy ending... Just can't remember the title.

2. Sven_Starcrown

Sven_Starcrown Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 10, 2009
    If it was a terribly bad movie, there is a possibility i can help.

3. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    I wouldn't say terrible. In fact, I rather enjoyed it at the time--was only a few years ago.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Doesn't ring a bell with me, I'm afraid..

5. Black-Tiger

Black-Tiger Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 25, 2008
    Okay, as we seem to be playing name that movie, I've got one. I seem to remember a spy movie where the villain and the good guy play a deadly game of Risk, where they both sit on either side of a Perspex screen with a map of the world on it and play out WWIII. With each country they take out the other person gets an electric shock, the voltage depending on the importance of the country in question. Of course taking out either Russia or the US would deal a fatal shock to the opposite side. I thought it was a Bond movie, but I can't seem to find it anywhere, so maybe it was a Bond-ish movie?

6. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    ^Never Say Never Again.

The "unofficial" Bond film.

7. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Found it on Netflix. It was called "Fortress". Worth watching.

8. Black-Tiger

Black-Tiger Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 25, 2008
    Thanks. Explains why I couldn't find it.

9. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
    Okay, there was this movie that I saw on tv as a kid, maybe mid-70's; at the end of the movie there are these guys having a final shoot-out, and if I remember right, there is some kind of green gloop exploding all over the place... they may be even firing it out of special guns. One of the characters pulls up his sleeve and reveals he has a small automatic pistol strapped to his forearm, which he takes out and begins to fire. And that's it. That is all I can remember, but I've always wondered what that film was.

It's going on thirty years or so now, and I'd really like to know what I was watching all those years ago. I don't think it's The Green Slime.

10. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    My classmates and I were trying to remember the name of a movie in class.

I believe it was an 80s/early 90s film and this little boy had pet mini dinosaurs. It wasn't Indian in the Cupboard.

11. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    I think it's Prehysteria

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107870/

12. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Yes! Thank you!

13. Sven_Starcrown

Mar 10, 2009
    I remember watching an Sinbad series or something like that in a german television channel.

the main heroe looked liked the main character at this picture:
    [image=http://www.hotmoviesale.com/dvds/2776/1/Jason-And-The-Argonauts.jpg]

14. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Could it have been Hercules: the Legendary Journeys staring Kevin Sorbo?

15. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
  16. Sven_Starcrown

Mar 10, 2009
    I think it's more likely to be The Adventures of Sinbad. I think it ran for two seasons.

Thanks, thats it.

17. Sven_Starcrown

Mar 10, 2009
    I remeber i once watched a movie about time traveling. The main character jumped into twentysomething century, than he jumped forward and found himself in a prehistoryc looking time. Humans were regulary kidnaped by some weirdlooking creatures. He talked with some sort of hologram with wich met after his previous time-jump.

Anybody has any idea wich movie was?

18. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
  19. Sven_Starcrown

Mar 10, 2009
    Thats it.

Thank you.

20. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
    This one isn't a film, I think it was perhaps a failed pilot for a t.v. series. I saw it maybe ten/fifteen years ago on a German t.v. channel, though I don't know if it was actually German, or simply a U.S. program that had been dubbed (most likely, I think). Basically, it appeared to be a sequel to the movie Heathers, with an actress that bore a resemblance to Winona Ryder (but was not her) who was still in high-school, and was receiving visions of what I assume was a dead Heather (the blonde one, only played by a different actress). I can find no mention of this t.v. movie on the net, and I wonder if it was only shown in some European countries. Does anyone out there know the program? I would love to know who the actress who played Veronica was, she did a great job of mimicking Winona Ryder's character.

21. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Here's a movie I've been trying to identify for a while.

It has a ghost whom most people can't see scooting around on his back at a party, trying to look up women's dresses. He then stops under one woman and exclaims "No panties!"

I could have sworn this was Beetlejuice at first, but I watched it this weekend, so that can't be it.

Anyone got any ideas?

22. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
  23. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    That looks like it, thanks.

24. Sven_Starcrown

Mar 10, 2009
    I remeber watching a tv series about an international agency of kids how fought some evil organization.

The ,,Kid team"s base was in Australia. They once saved the Mona Lisa from being stole. There were a few characters how appeared in almost every episode. They usually cooperated with a local agent.

I remeber one episode took place in Krakkow.

Could someone give me an imdb link?

25. JediPriestess

JediPriestess Jedi Master star 4

Jul 28, 2004

Which believe it or not they are actually going to re-make. :oops:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Entertainment/International-Stars/Russell-Brand-in-Drop-Dead-Fred-remake/articleshow/4463775.cms

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.