main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph What was the last tv episode you watched?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Coruscant, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    House MD Season 6 Finale - "Help Me".

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  2. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012

3. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Ozark S2E10

[face_nail_biting]

soitscometothis likes this.
  4. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    The Gifted S02E03: The narrative moved another inch forward.

Game 4 between the Red Sox and Yankees.

YouTube: Collider Movie Trivia Schmoe Down

5. ArtemusGordon

ArtemusGordon Jedi Master star 1

May 30, 2015
    Alias S01E04 - A Broken Heart

6. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Watched the final 2 epsidoes of Elementary season 6 What a fantastic end to the series. A bit of a recurring character in this season was a serial killer who was also attending Holmes therapy group. The police could pin nothing on him even though Holmes knew who he was and what he'd done. These final 2 episodes tied it up really nicely and ended on a surprise note with them relocating to London. Fantastic stuff, it'll be interesting to see what happend in season 7 with a change in dynamic. But this show is getting better and better I feel.

Master_Lok likes this.
  7. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    The Flash S05E01

Black Lightning S02E01

Warriors vs. Lakers
    preseason game from Las Vegas

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  8. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    South Park: Season 22, Episode 3

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  9. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    couple of eps of Mr Mercedes , based on another Stephen King book (how many has he written!) , stars 2 Brits (of course) , its not bad so far .

10. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    The Twilight Zone episode called "The Hitch-Hiker."

This is one of the best 25 minutes in television history, imo.

Two words: Editing. Suspense.

The camerawork, setups, shots, and cuts serve to create an impending sense of doom for a lovely, haunted woman, played brilliantly by Inger Stevens.[​IMG]

This is television made by people who know their craft, from top to bottom, this is a brilliant production, made even better through the use of some of Bernard Herrmann's intense music.

The theme of this episode is something millions of people can relate to; I feel so badly for Nan Adams.
    I get the chills every time I see this episode, especially during the last 5 minutes. *shivers*
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  11. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I love the first couple of seasons of the original Twilight Zone so it is great to read your thoughts @Dagobahsystem

Agree with everything you said.

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  12. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Your review remind me of David W. Collin's review of Psycho (1960) on the Soundtrack Show podcast. The way it was shot as well as the music is what made that movie a success according to Mr.Collins. And even though I've never seen the movie from beginning to end like most Twilight Zone episodes, I can appreciate the description and it feels like I have seen it.

TV-wise last night
    • Mayans 1-06
    • ----- the focus on Coco and Adelita storylines was needed to move the plot forward and the smaller cast helped put the focus on what was important to the story
    • Shark Tank 10-01
    • ----- same old show, fun to see the new products/inventions and which ones get deals or not
    • It's Always Sunny 13-06
    • ----- The gang solves the bathroom crisis: Sandbox episode takes place entirely at the bar. A few hits but mostly slow
    • Family Guy 17-02
    • ----- I liked that they continued the storyline from last week and how they treated the new character of Brian's wife. Other than that, more lows than highs.
    • The Purge 1-06
    • ----- My wife loves this; I am not a fan at all. It's a poorly written script and poorly acted.

Master_Lok and Dagobahsystem like this.
  13. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    No, never mind, I'm not even going to spoil it behind spoiler tags. Or have you seen the wrap-up to Samantha's story (Season 7: Closure) already? Season 7 is patchy, but I loved the way they finally wrapped that thread up. Really beautiful.

Pretty weird episode, but I've grown to absolutely love it. Very unique and it has kind of the definitive X-Files autopsy scene. In the Pilot, Scully says she's never done an autopsy before; in this episode, she's standing in the chest cavity of an elephant, heaving organs out with both hands. What a trooper.

Also, I think 3 is a serious contender for worst episode of the series. Even having watched all of seasons 8 & 9 in the last few months . . . it's still a contender. Which is a shame because I like the idea, which is to kind of show how lost Mulder is without Scully. We did kind of need an episode like that, of Mulder on his own while Scully is missing. But not this one.

14. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Parts of Giants vs. Eagles game.

Latest episodes of Gray Anatomy, Survivor and American Housewife.

15. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    The Americans s6 ep10 "START"
    The finale to the series was a tough watch, as I knew it would be. It was a really high-quality TV series, and Keri Russel and Matthew Rhys did outstanding work.

16. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    I've not seen S7 or S8 of The X-Files yet, and during this rewatch, I'm finding that I've missed several episodes over the years as lots of them are new to me.

Juliet316 and Rogue1-and-a-half like this.
  17. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Season 7 has a lot of good stuff in it. I find it somewhat annoying that the show still has the rep of "they never really explained anything!" Two Fathers/One Son just straight up has a scene where CSM has a long monologue explaining everything about the oil, the Syndicate, the abduction, etc. And then Sein und Zeit/Closure really does just finally put a period on the Samantha thing by just flat out, explicitly explaining everything that happened to her after her abduction. Ultimately, the show lost a lot of energy after Two Fathers/One Son, so you see why they put off explaining everything for so long, but I respect that they finally just bit the bullet and gave it to us. Season 8 had the mystery of Mulder's abduction/Scully's pregnancy, but by season 9 it was kind of like "is there even a mythology anymore?" Honestly, everything was fully and totally explained by the end of season 8. I don't know, 9 is really bad. But there are treasures even in season 8 and for sure in season 7.

18. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    Good to know.
    My initial plan was to rewatch S1-5 and then decide on whether to continue. Both due to personal time and quality of the show, or so I've heard that S1-5 are the best.

19. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    I need to continue my abridged X-Files project, you say? So you'll know what to watch out of seasons 6-9? :p

Spoiler: nothing from season 9. No. Thing.

But, no, I think I will abridge season 3 now. :p

The Blessing Way
    Paper Clip
    D.P.O. (controversial, but I like it; plus: Jack Black!)
    Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose
    Oubliette
    Nisei
    Revelations (a quandry: it's pretty bad, but it's important to Scully's spiritual development; OK, fine, leave it in)
    War of the Coprophages
    Syzygy (controversial, but I . . . mostly like it)
    Piper Maru
    Apocrypha
    Jose Chung's From Outer Space
    Pusher
    Quagmire
    Wetwired
    Talitha Cumi (I kind of don't like this, but I guess it's important)

I kept 17 out of 24 episodes. Just speaks to how good this show was in the glory days.

Wait, let's just rank them too! A cheat on those top two; even though each grouping is pretty close in quality, I still can't put those two amazing episodes in order of preference. They're both so perfect. And Piper Maru/Apocrypha is like the perfect mythology two-parter in my opinion. I'm not sure they ever did a two parter that was better. Great season though. The fact that episodes like Paper Clip and Avatar don't make my top ten is insane. Those episodes are better than almost all of season 6, about half of seasons 7 & 8 and all of season 9. And they don't even make my top ten in season three. Three & four are just astonishing television.

Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose/Jose Chung's From Outer Space

Apocrypha
    Piper Maru
    Quagmire
    Pusher

Oubliette
    The Blessing Way
    Wetwired
    War of the Coprophages

Paper Clip
    Nisei

D.P.O.

Talitha Cumi
    Syzygy
    Grotesque
    2Shy
    Revelations

Hell Money
    The Walk
    The List
    Teso dos Bichos

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
  20. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    A Discovery of Witches s1 ep5
    Things continue to heat up between the witches and the vampires as our star-crossed lovers decide it's time for a sex-scene. We've seen this stuff before, just rarely with a cast this good. Matthew Goode is suitably chilly, and Teresa Palmer hot, but the real sparks come from Linsey Duncan as Goode's dangerous vampire mother, and Trevor Eve as a particularly nasty vamp patriarch.

The scenery is really nice, too.

21. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I just binged a few episodes of Dark Tourist on Netflix and it’s an excellent travel show. It’s hosted by David Farrier of Tickled fame, and as he’s from New Zealand, I assume a close friend of @jp-30

I really enjoy his wit, which really is the key to being able to enjoy the show, as he visits some quite...uncomfortable places. The first of which is Medellin. And he takes a taxi cab ride with a Pablo Escobar looky-likey. And then spends like with Pablo’s top hitman.

22. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    I know him from his many years as a late night TV news show reporter. Haven't watched Tickled or Dark Tourist, but they're on my list.

23. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  24. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    Thanks for saying so; hey, I meant to ask you what some of your favorite Twilight Zone episodes are from the original series?
    Or at least the first couple seasons.

Master_Lok likes this.
  25. Esh-kha

Esh-kha Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2018
    Empress Ki Episode 31.

If it was not so fast moving all the Koryo praise would get on my nerves but much to my surprise it works.