main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph What was the last tv episode you watched?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Coruscant, Sep 28, 2014.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I almost chose Netflix option but I went with dramatics / plot device and went with the symbol he's freaking out about. Tempted to try it again just to hit that.

i watched The Orville Season 2 premiere, basically twice. Once all the way through but missed about 30 seconds so it was on again at 9 (thank you time shifting different broadcasts across North America) and basically watched that bit (some other fun scene rewatch) and had it on in the background again.

2. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    Sunday Night Football

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
  3. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Les Miserables episode 1
    The misery is only just beginning...
    Honestly, I thought it was well done, but I don't love the story so I don't know if I'll make the whole distance.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  4. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    Watched both NFL wild card games today.

5. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    The ABC Murders BBC adaptation of the Agatha Christie Poirot mystery that was broadcast over the Christmas break. This one starred John Malkovich as Poirot and in a change from the original story sees Poirot as an old man, retired and seemingly lost and washed up. A killer dubbed ABC is taunting him, sending him letters about his intended murders and Poirots past is the one link between each of the victims locations. Can Poirot figure who knows his past and who is the killer. I’m not going to ruin the story as it’s not as clear cut as first appears, but this adaptation was annoying on a couple of levels. They make some scenes too dark and intense, like they weren’t bothered about the flow of the story but were more interested in showing arty, moody scenes for the sake of it. The social commentary on England not welcoming foreigners isn’t in the original book and was an unnecessary addition. Malkovich was an interesting choice (I wouldn’t be averse to seeing more with him) but in the first episode I thought it was a big mistake as he’s hardly used in it and is so quiet, it’s not until the final 2 episodes that he comes to the fore. Maybe that was intentional to show how far he had fallen due to his retirement. Also the backstory for Poirot being a priest went against what was established originally and is totally unnecessary too and again seemed an excuse to throw in some flashback scenes that made no sense and added nothing to the story as a whole. Overall this could have been cut down to 2 episodes.

6. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    Outlander season 4 episode 8. Damn that pirate captain's evil!

7. Adella7

Adella7 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 8, 2016
    I am watching the Golden Globes Awards right now for 2 and half hours.

8. duende

duende Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 28, 2006
    i watched an episode of the marie kondo tidying up show. it was very kawaiiiiii

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  9. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Star Trek Deep Space Nine "Through the Looking Glass": The Mirror version of O'Brien kidnaps Sisko to have him take his counterpart's place in the rebellion against the Alliance.

Juliet316 and Sith_Sensei__Prime like this.
  10. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Having been in bed for 4 days with the flu I’m watching anything as I drift in and out of sleep. Caught a couple of episodes of CSI NY from season 4. All the CSI shows used to be staple viewing for me, and they still hold up now. A decent ensemble cast with relatively easy viewing episodes to follow.

Juliet316 likes this.
  11. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    Arrow

"Oliver and Barry get a lead on John Deegan and head to Gotham City with Supergirl to figure out why their reality has changed."

12. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Well, I love the story, but the commercial on this one didn't sell me. The biggest sticking point is that I'm really a non-fan of the guy they cast to play Valjean. I forget his name, but he's kind of always bad. Oyelowo is an interesting choice for Javert though. I might watch it at some point, but not any time soon probably.

13. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    Episodes from S1 of The Twilight Zone

Where Is Everybody?
    Pilot episode about an AF pilot dealing with extreme isolation. 3/5

One For The Angels
    Sweet episode featuring the lovable Ed Wynn dealing with Mr. Death who is played by Murray Hamilton, who was the mayor of Amity in Jaws and Jaws 2. 4/5

Mr. Denton On Doomsday
    Western setting finds a sad, alcoholic sharp shooter getting a reprieve from ridicule and death. Martin Landau plays Denton's tormentor. 2.5/5

The Sixteen-Millimeter Shrine
    Ida Lupino stars as an appearance obsessed former actress. Strong resemblence to Sunset Boulevard. Martin Balsam is good as her loyal friend. 3/5

Walking Distance
    Poignant and nostalgic trip down memory lane with a man stuck in his past. Beautiful score and excellent cinematography. Ronnie Howard has a brief cameo. This is as an excellent episode. 4/5

Escape Clause
    An obnoxious hypochondriac makes a deal with the devil for immortality. Sub par episode. 2/5

The Lonely
    A future in which criminals are isolated on asteroids. The protagonist, who killed in self defense, is dying of loneliness until a beautiful and sensitive woman is brought to keep him company. Only thing is, she is a droid! Fantastic episode. Well shot, well acted. Could even be an episode of Star Trek if it were longer and a few tweaks were made. 5/5

Master_Lok likes this.
  14. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    The Goldbergs: The Wedding Singer (#611)
    - It's cool they got permission to take shots from "The Wedding Singer" and pretty seamless incorporate Beverly and later Barry and Lainey into the scenes. Unfortunately, if you remember the movie, the plane is in the air at the end so does Barry fly all the way to LA with Lainey for 5 hours and then turns around and flies back? That must have been awkward after the break off of the engagement
    - I don't understand why Barry didn't move to LA with Lainey
    - So Lainey moves to LA in The Goldbergs, but you need to watch Schooled to find out that she fails, moves back home, and gets a teaching job she's not qualified for, and the only person that is shown is Beverly and SPOILER Johnny Atkins is buffing the floor of the school. I LOLed at that part.
    - I liked the first ever Geoff and Adam partnership, but I didn't get the whole Adam-can't-be-serious storyline about his films. I could have sworn that he has done serious material before, but maybe I'm wrong. I guess they had to fit it into the theme and in the end he did make a good video so that's fine, but I was still not happy with the Barry/Lainey conclusion

Schooled: Be Like Mike (#101)
    - I thought it was neat how the show started out feeling like an episode of the Goldbergs as the voice actor transitioned from Patton Oswalt to A.J. Michalka as the narrator
    - I may have chuckled once or twice, but I don't think I laughed until the second act
    - It's only the pilot so I may need to give the show a break, but after 10 minutes, I wasn't really feeling it and maybe that's because of the events of The Goldbergs episode and I had more questions that the show was not answering. It was trying to stand on four legs, but I felt only 1 leg was strong enough to hold the weight. I guess only time will tell if the show gets the support it needs
    - I thought the Matt Ryan angle was cool and it was a surprise as I didn't see that coming

Modern Family: A Moving Day (#1012)

- missing: Alex, Luke, Joe
    - Cal's sister is back and she isn't doing any favors for the show. Not funny, mean spirited, don't understand why the writers keep bringing her back
    - The Manny/girlfriend storyline was weak, but Jay was hilarious on how he dealt with it and I loved his interaction with Phil at the end
    - I don't like Dylan and Hallie storyline but I guess like Claire we have to get on board because it doesn't seem the writers are saving us from this **** plot and they're likening it to a young Phil/Claire to expand on yet another version of the "modern" family. I really hope this is the final season.

15. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    ABC World News Tonight with David Muir

The Gifted - S02E11: meMento

Late local news

TMZ

Dagobahsystem and Juliet316 like this.
  16. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
  17. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    ABC World News Tonight with David Muir

The Marvelous Mrs Maisel - S02E01: Simone and S02E02: Mid-way to Mid-Town

Gotham - S05E02: Trespassers

Big Bang Theory - S12E12: The Propagation Proposition

Late local news

TMZ

18. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
    Pine Gap season 1 episode 6
    I enjoyed it, even though the series stretches believability for drama.

19. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Frasier: To Kill a Talking Bird was on again.[face_laugh]

Dagobahsystem and Juliet316 like this.
  20. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    Bandersnatch. Yawn.

21. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
    Titans s1 ep3
    The characters are very different from their comic counterparts, at least from The New Teen Titans I was reading in the eighties, but it is watchable. The cast is okay - Starfire's look is pretty tacky, but the actress is actually not bad at all - and the scripts are okay... everything is okay really. I find the gritty violence and the swearing jar with the basic kids, costumes & powers vibe of the material, but I'm getting used to it. Overall I've found it fun so far.

22. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
  23. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    More from S1 of The Twilight Zone

Time Enough At Last
    One of the best and most popular episodes. Stars Burgess Meredith 5/5

Perchance To Dream
    I'd never seen this one before and it is now one of my favs. It's a dark, noir suspense about a man with a heart condition who can't sleep due to fear of being killed in his dreams. Umm, Nightmare On Elm Street anyone?
    A beautiful seductress is egging him on to death in his dreams including several creepy scenes in a grotesque fun house, while driving, and on a roller coaster. I'd say this is the darkest episode of the series up to this point in release order. 4/5

Judgement Night
    Intense naval war tale that reads like a dream. 3/5

And When The Sky Opened
    Well shot, cinematic tale of disappearing Ed. Again, reminds of a Star Trek premise. 3/5

What You Need
    Thinking episode. "Serenity. Piece of mind. Humor.The ability to laugh at oneself." 3/5

The Four Of Us Are Dying
    Interesting story about a changeling. And lol to men who smoke cigarettes while shaving. Wtf? 3/5

Third From The Sun
    "Behind a tiny ship heading into space is a doomed planet, on the verge of suicide. Ahead lies a place called Earth. The third planet from the sun." -Rod Serling narration
    This brilliantly shot 1950's paranoia tale is one of the best. Great music. Camera shots lurking under glass tables and suspenseful use of a telephone. Very cinematic. Perhaps influenced by Forbidden Planet, and certainly an influence on The X-Files. 5/5

I Shot An Arrow Into The Air
    2.5/5

The Hitch-hiker
    Already reviewed this one here. One of the best episodes in television history. 5/5

24. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    NFL Divisional Playoff: Los Angeles Chargers at New England Patriots

NBA: Golden State Warriors at Dallas Mavericks

Marvelous Mrs Maisel - S02E09: Vote for Kennedy
    and S0210: All Alone

You - S01E01: Pilot

ABC World News Tonight with Tom Llamas

Late local news

Juliet316 and Dagobahsystem like this.
  25. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Is Marvelous Mrs Maisel as good as people say?
    How's You?