main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph What was the last tv episode you watched?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Coruscant, Sep 28, 2014.

1. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Finally started The Haunting of Bly Manor after absolutely loving The Haunting of Hill House.

I had heard this particular series wasn't as scary as Hill House.

So far that is wrong. It's plenty scary.

2. Lobot's Wig

Lobot's Wig Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 13, 2020
    The Promised Neverland on Netflix (Season 1)

Never read the manga version of this, but the anime was very good. It's a disturbing story about gifted children living in blissful ignorance at an orphanage, cared for by the lovely "Mama", but the orphanage and "Mama" are not what they seem, and a daring escape plan is put into practice. It has echoes of The Maze Runner.

I watched it in English dub first, but then went back and watched it in Japanese with the subtitles, which I enjoyed more.

3. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Second episode of The Haunting of Bly Manor. I'm getting really into it. I want to know what the hell is going on with these kids and also what the nanny is running from herself. So good so far. Gonna probably binge the rest over this weekend.

Blobofat likes this.
  4. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    I binged it a couple of weeks ago. It was a very compelling watch.

Your Honor Ep1&2. Brian Cranston is as excellent as ever. There's a fair bit of Walter White in his performance. Really good so far.

5. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    Bly Manor is on my to watch list. I really like Haunting of Hill House. Watched it twice so far.

I started Queen's Gambit. 3 eps in so far and it's a well made show. I like chess so this has been interesting to watch.

6. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Just finished the last episode of Bly Manor. I screamed. I cried. I loved it. I hope they do another one.

Grey Matter likes this.
  7. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Deutschland 89 episode 1
    The wall is coming down and Martin is in the middle of it. Good stuff so far.

8. Lobot's Wig

Dec 13, 2020
    I found it to be more of a spooky love story than outright scary. That isn't a criticism of it though, because we enjoyed it when we watched it some time back. It's quite a sad story though with a poignant ending.

9. Lobey-One Kenobi

Lobey-One Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2009
    WandaVision Episode 7 - Breaking the Fourth Wall.

Not as good on a rewatch, but the mockumentary style is fun and lands pretty much all the time.

10. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Star Trek s1 ep 24... A Taste of Armageddon Very good.

11. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah it started out scary but ended up spooky. Which is fine..it was great.

12. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. -- The Only Light in the Darkness

I started watching the series as a curiosity, and got hooked even before the midseason craziness (I've seen procedural-turned-serialized before, but not like this). The way the aforementioned episode built off a piece of backstory from several episodes earlier made for an emotional reveal (helped by featuring Amy Acker).

Juliet316 likes this.
  13. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Took a trip down memory lane and watched the Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew show. 77 maybe? The Mystery of the Haunted House. Glen Larson produced this and wrote the catchy theme as he did with Battlestar Galactica. Fun in a cheesy 70's way, lots of longhair and bell bottom jeans and vans. Was more than a bit Scooby Doo, which made me wonder if this series of books inspired Scooby Doo. Pamela Sue Martin plays Nancy Drew, and I think they did some team ups in the second and third seasons. My favorite books as a kid. The Nancy Drew episodes seem to be better, probably because they focus on the mystery and not Sean Cassidy's singing career. They alternated from week to week.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2021
  14. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    The Mighty Ducks: Game Changers on Disney+ This was really good.

Juliet316 and PCCViking like this.
  15. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    I'll probably rewatch the movies before I begin that series.

16. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Tucci: Searching for Italy. Sicily episode.

Juliet316 likes this.
  17. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Yeah, I thought about that. Skip the third one though. It’s not very good.

18. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    The third one is my favorite. Could be my childhood nostalgia speaking because it’s the only one I had on VHS growing up, but I love that movie.

19. Lobot's Wig

Dec 13, 2020
    The Tudors, Season 2 on Amazon Prime.

As a massive fan of Vikings, I thought I would go back and watch Michael Hirst's earlier work about the life and marriages of Henry VIII, played by Jonathan Rhys-Meyers. Natalie Dormer stars as Anne Boleyn, and Henry Cavill is in there as well as Henry's close friend Charles Brandon, Duke of Suffolk.

It's all good fun, and whilst it takes liberties with details and applies a fair bit of soap-opera to proceedings, this costume drama is very well written and well made. As you would expect, the show revolves the plotting and intrigue that infested Henry VIII's royal court and government, and the influence of religion on the people of the time is astonishing.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2021
  20. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Tudors is very good and yes pretty with much liberty taken. On that note I’d recommend the White Queen/Princess shows of STARZ. They work very well as companion shows to Tudors.

I started up The One today on Netflix. Very neat show that hooked me. I’m on ep 5 already but calling it quits so I can have some to watch tomorrow.

21. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    The Great s1 ep10
    The season finale is the best episode so far - Catherine decides that today is the day, and it all kicks off. Elle Fanning has been pretty wonderful in the lead, but this really is a case of an ensemble cast without a weak link, and as everyone's life becomes at risk you realise how much you don't want any of them to die. Even the psychotic Peter.

I cross my fingers season 2 will be as good.

Coruscant likes this.
  22. QUIGONMIKE

QUIGONMIKE Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 5, 2009
    Queens Gambit finale. What a great show. So well acted and filmed. It felt real and the time periods and locations were dead on. Killer music too! Anna Taylor Joy is a star, IMO.

And I love that it was a miniseries and was kept short. Too many of these shows overstay their welcome and start to "jump the shark" after several seasons of the same ting over and over. Or, it just drags out with filler episodes, wasted flashback episodes, etc. Queens Gambit got it right!

Rew and soitscometothis like this.
  23. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I just got done binge watching the last kingdom, waiting for season 5, it is such a good show about england, saxens and danes. I think it is such an underatted show, i think iit is up there with vikings earlier seasons and GOT early seasons. Alfred is so mutch better here then in vikings. I recomend everyone to try it.

Rew and soitscometothis like this.
  24. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Season one finale of Succession.

This show is ******* great.

25. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    The Falcon and The Winter Soldier on D+. Watched both episodes multiple times already and will watch all back to back after this week’s episode airs.

Juliet316 likes this.