main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph What was the last tv episode you watched?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Coruscant, Sep 28, 2014.

1. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Doctor Who: The Chase

The Daleks pursue the Doctor, Ian, Barbara and Vicki through time and space. Features the final appearances of Barbara and Ian, and introduces Steven Taylor. Peter Purves, the actor who plays Steven Taylor, appeared earlier in the serial as an American on the Empire State Building.

2. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Hawkeye Binged this show again this weekend, just starting the finale. Not just my favorite D+ Marvel series, but among my top Marvel Studios MCU content.

I do hope we’ll get a season two at some point. Enjoy this cast so much.

Back to Hawkeye Episode 6 So This Is Christmas?

Last edited: May 22, 2022
    Juliet316 and Sarge like this.
  3. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    League of Legends: Arcane Episode 9

I only recently got to watching the series last week, and binge-watched the final three episodes of Season 1 yesterday. Having swept the Annie awards in just about every category it was nominated for as well as receiving a PERFECT score by the primary critics on Rotten Tomatoes (and near perfect among the public), I'd say there's no question that it's among the best series of any forum - LA or animated - in many years. The characters, story, and above all script were so compelling that it's just resonated with me. I really haven't felt that way with any series in a long time.. The second season may be over a year away from release, but I'm already anxious for it to come.

godisawesome likes this.
  4. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    Doctor Who: The Time Meddler

The Doctor, Vicki, and Steven arrive in 1066 England and discover that another Time Lord is plotting to change history.

soitscometothis likes this.
  5. Arwen Sith

Arwen Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2005
    Around the World in 80 Days. This remained entertaining until the end, even if even my son felt that the ending was a foregone conclusion, and he hasn't read the book yet. Apparently there's going to be a "second season," at the end they mentioned lots of ships disappearing with all hands lost. I strongly suspect that they're going to do 20,000 Leagues under the Sea next, but replacing Pierre Aronnax with Fogg and Conseil with Passepartout. Miss Fix is undoubtedly going along too in some form.

TNG: Interface. I like this one, interesting La Forge episode with no cringy stuff with his unsuccessful attempts to woo a woman. That got old with Dr. Brahms...

6. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Started watching Shadow and Bone on Netflix. I really don't know what to think of this; after the first episode I don't have even a general idea of what's going on. I understand it's based on a novel (or series of them); and needless to say I haven't read any.

7. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    Doctor Who: The Gunfighters

The Doctor and his companions arrive in Tombstone, 1881 where he's mistaken for Doc Holliday. This involves them in events leading up to the showdown at the O.K. Corral.

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  8. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    Stranger Things, season 4, ep 1

Season 4 opens awkwardly with a sorry/not sorry

pseudo apology for an opening montage of murdered children. "We know the timing is not good, but we filmed this a year ago, so whatcha gonna do? Enjoy!"

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  9. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Obi-Wan Kenobi Parts I and II :):bluesaber:

Emperor Ferus and Dagobahsystem like this.
  10. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Obi-Wan I and II

Very good stuff. Can't wait for more.

Emperor Ferus and Arwen Sith like this.
  11. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    What a great day for new shows!

Watched Kenobi Parts 1 and 2 at midnight. Might be my favorite new Disney SW series so far.

And episodes 1 and 2 of Stranger Things which were both terrific. I'm worried about one of the main characters though.

12. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I love this show so much. I discovered it last fall. It's always great to see others enjoying it as much as I am. Are you all caught up?

Rylo Ken likes this.
  13. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Yeah, the moments where he slips back in PT/CW era Obi-wan were wonderful, and Princess Leia was Princess Leia. Especially moment where she completely demolishes her ******* cousin. :D =D=

14. Arwen Sith

May 30, 2005
    Me too. I have high hopes for this show, more like The Mandalorian than Boba. Can't wait for the next episode!

15. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Watching The Sopranos season 2, man this arc with Robert Patrick as Tony's old school friend is brutal. What great casting using Patrick's Terminator reputation and giving us a character that's all bark and no bite. The bit with him on the pool table too cowardly to even kill himself was phenomenal acting.

16. Jedi Bluth

Jedi Bluth Force Ghost star 6

Sep 4, 2021
    Dynasty : The Royal Wedding (Season Five Finale)
    The entire Carrington family shot. The final scene was just amazing, the timing was perfect. It was just so intense; then all the bodies laid out perfectly. Amazing.

Last edited: May 28, 2022
  17. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    The Defenders: Royal Dragon s1, ep4

Really like the banter and this team. I hope we see them again in a better storyline (Oh and please include Colleen, Claire & Misty.)

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  18. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    About to start episode 7 of Stranger Things. This is one of those shows I can easily binge and season 4 did not disappoint so far. I'm very impressed with the quality of the show, but it's very dark and our characters seem in constant peril.

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  19. Arwen Sith

May 30, 2005
    TNG: Gambit pt. 1 and 2. Fun stuff, and great to see Picard let his hair down as a pirate.

20. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Parallels s1 ep6
    This is a French time-travel story, kind of like a junior Dark, where the lives of four teenage friends are affected by the test of a particle collider which pushes them into parallel time-continuums.

This last episode ties things up whilst leaving room for a new series. It's short and enjoyable, and some of the shots of the French/Swiss are absolutely breathtaking.

21. Arwen Sith

May 30, 2005
    Obi-Wan Kenobi. They should've called this show just Kenobi to avoid the Obi-Wan or Ben confusion... Decent episode, even if leaving Leia alone on a planet controlled by the Empire was unconscionable. I also feel that they brought Darth Vader in a bit too early. But I'm still very keen on this show, and looking forward to the next episode.

TNG: Phantasms, Dark Page, Attached, Force of Nature. Out of these, I actually like the last two best. I'm a bit of a Picard/Crusher shipper, so forcing them to face their feelings about each other is just fine with me. And this time around, La Forge has become my second favorite character right after Riker, so any episode that features him prominently as an engineer (rather than a geek in the throes of an unrequited crush) gets at least a full point extra from me just for that.
    TOS: Miri. I like the idea, but the actors are far too old to be credible. This script should be reused on another show with prepubescent kids playing the characters.
    TOS: The Conscience of the King. I like the fact that the villain was the daughter who was desperately trying to protect her father. It also establishes the Trek obsession with Shakespeare that comes to full fruition in TNG, probably thanks to Patrick Stewart's reputation as a Shakespearean actor.

Sarge and Emperor Ferus like this.
  22. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Obi-Wan Kenobi Part III
    Clone trooper vet is my top scene.

Daredevil s1 ep 7 “Stick” - Scott Glenn is perfect as Matt Murdock’s abusive and single-minded ninjitsu sensei. I remember seeing a still of Glenn wielding a katana eons ago (Don’t remember the film), and thinking ‘Yes, he could wield that.’

Little did I know.

It’s been very enjoyable to rewatch Daredevil. I jump around with favorite episodes, but seeing Matt fail is both fascinating and :(:p:(

Last edited: Jun 5, 2022
  23. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Shining Girls s1 e8
    The final episode wraps things up nicely - no cliff-hanger give-me-another-season stuff. I thought the show kept its quality throughout and had good performances.

24. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    The latest MST3K episode, featuring "Doctor Mordrid". The movie (long rumored to be Full Moon's attempt at a "Doctor Strange" movie without the character rights) stars Jeffrey Coombs in the title role. It's a good attempt (Full Moon, unlike the Asylum, actually tried to make entertaining movies), but it's doesn't really work. Still, the cast, crew & many MSTies have a genuine appreciation for it.
    This one featured Emily & the Simulator of Love 'bots. The riffing and the host segments were very funny. We also got an appearance by Dr. Kabahl (the mysterious financier from the future), a hint regarding the next episode (which the "next time" promo spoiled), and a genuine surprise guest.
    ADDENDUM: After the episode, they had a Q&A which included C. Courtney Joyner, the movie's scriptwriter. He confirmed that, contrary to rumor, it was not written as a "Doctor Strange" movie, then changed when they couldn't get the rights. From the beginning, it was written as a separate story, mainly to cash in the interest in comic book heroes in general.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2022
  25. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    I'm on episode seven of Schitt's Creek which has been quite funny and entertaining; but man this family is pretty obnoxious. I know that is the point, but still!

I do enjoy their acting.
    Talented cast and writers.