main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph What was the last tv episode you watched?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Coruscant, Sep 28, 2014.

1. King_of_Red_Lions

King_of_Red_Lions Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 28, 2003
    Watched the first 3 episodes of Ted Lasso. Loving the characters far.

2. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    Watched 4 episodes from S3 of The Clone Wars with family who recently started watching the series.
    The episodes we saw dealt with Padmé, Satine, and Ahsoka mainly.
    Good show!

3. Arwen Sith

Arwen Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2005
    The most recent episode of Kenobi. I must admit I liked Leia better in this one, some of the spunk shown by the adult Leia is certainly visible. And she's learned her lesson about doing what Ben says.
    TNG: Inheritance, Parallels. As a Riker/Troi shipper, I'm not too keen on the hints of a possible relationship between Troi and Worf in the Prime universe...

Last edited: Jun 11, 2022
    Juliet316 and Master_Lok like this.
  4. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Which never went anywhere, particularly as Troi and Riker got married in Nemesis. I wonder if Picard will touch on that in season 3

Arwen Sith and Juliet316 like this.
  5. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    The Borias Finale.

Wish this show had gotten its 4th season. It unfortunately ends with a lot of loose ends.

6. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Obi-Wan Kenobi - Part I.

Well I can’t vouch for the overall quality of the series based on one episode but this has an excellent Owen Lars scene and Jimmy Smits being a cool dad (I didn’t even know he was in this! What a great surprise that probably everyone else knew about in advance.) so basically it’s perfect, 10/10.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2022
    Juliet316 and Master_Lok like this.
  7. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i caught up on 'his dark materials". it's been a while since i read the books, but i thought this adaptation really captured the feel well. i was surprised by how some of the more emotional moments affected me. i'm invested, looking forward to the final season.

8. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Obi-Wan Kenobi Part V

Loved the flashback of Obi-Wan & Anakin and how it tied into Vader’s current actions, found other elements interesting… but who knows how this will end?

Ms. Marvel episode 2

Enjoyed Nakia in this episode, and the introduction of Kamran was fun. The closing scene made the episode for me.
    I like this series.

Juliet316 and Dagobahsystem like this.
  9. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Can't wait for the 3rd season. Haven't read the books but they're one of wife's favorites and we're both hooked on this show.

tom likes this.
  10. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Mr. Mercedes season 3. A very intense show, based on a Stephen King book (or books, I haven't read it). The show is great. Brendan Gleeson (aka Mad Eye Moody) is fantastic as a burnt out retired cop whose old unsolved case catches up to him.

11. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm four episodes into Star Trek: Lower Decks, and I'm loving it so much.

Juliet316 and Sarge like this.
  12. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    Kenobi Part 5

I dont know what this series is about. Its not bad but its not good either.

13. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    Kenobi Part 5

Enjoying this series quite a bit. And not doing the whole nit pick thing that SW fans are infamous for; just watching it for entertainment.

Master_Lok and Coruscant like this.
  14. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Missions s3 e10 Théogonie
    The finale of this French sci-fi series. I enjoyed the show as a whole. Its lower budget meant it had to be more cerebral than action-based which was nice, and I liked having an international cast that I was largely unfamiliar with, and for it to use multiple languages.

15. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Finish the last two episodes of "The Offer" which overall was a pretty good miniseries but felt scretch out. I'm on a TV tear this summer though. So far we have watched the first season of Severance (excellent btw), Stranger Things 4 (thought it was good overall though I have ranked third so far as for me it's 1,3,4,2) while we're also trying to finish Ozark and starting Ted Lasso while I been also watching Obi Wan and The Boys. I'm making Homer Simpson jealous on how much I got my butt groove on our basement family room sectional.

16. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    Peaky Blinders Season 1, Ep. 3

As the final season of the show has gone live on Netflix, I have decided to re-watch the entire series. Its just such a great show.

17. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I need to finish that. Matthew Goode did a pitch perfect impression of Robert Evans.

Luke02 likes this.
  18. Arwen Sith

Arwen Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2005
    Obi-Wan Kenobi episode 5. What's up with the non-lethal lightsaber strikes in the torso, anyway? I guess it's only the Jedi who value disarming rather than killing an opponent... But the latest episode sunk my theory, I no longer believe Reva could've been Roken's wife. I'm really wondering what the vision of the lightsaber fight in the Jedi Council chamber really meant. The fighting looked cool enough, even if I was a bit distracted by the de-aging CGI, it's not easy to take off 20 years.

My husband is off on a 6-day trek in Lapland with a few friends, so the kidlet and I are watching SW: Rebels again. This is my favorite of the animated SW shows. Visions was an interesting offshoot, but nothing more. Ezra is so much more relatable than Kaz or his green ADHD sidekick who annoys me every time he appears on screen. Sometimes he saves the day, but mostly he's the reason why they're in trouble in the first place! Clone Wars, apart from the last 4 episodes which were great, is okay. I'm in no rush to see it again, though, mainly because I'm getting so sick of pre-Vader Anakin, and while I'll no doubt watch Ahsoka because I want to know more about her, the less I see of him, the better... At least in Kenobi, he's unambiguously the bad guy. Granted that Ewan McGregor's said in an interview that the thing he enjoyed most about making Kenobi was reconnecting with Hayden Christensen, but I still hope that they won't revisit the council chamber fight again in the remaining episodes...

TNG:
    The Pegasus. It's just too bad that Ensign Ro doesn't appear in this episode (in-Universe she's in Advanced Tactical Training, and she'll appear in one more episode in the final season), it would've been delicious given Michelle Forbes's role as Admiral Cain on BSG some 13 years later. That said, the chemistry for a lack of a better name between Riker and Admiral Pressman was a delight to watch, and Pressman's comeuppance at the end was fabulous.

Homeward. Nothing special, but okay. I liked learning more about Worf's foster brother Nikolai Rozhenko. All of Picard's posturing about the sanctity of the Prime Directive's getting a bit old, though. The PD is a plot device, a bit like Deanna's empathy, in that both are conveniently ignored whenever the plot requires it.

The first episode of Ms. Marvel. I found it rather refreshing, even if a bit too fast-paced at times for my taste. Reminded me a lot of Turning Red (in spite of the obvious, big cultural differences between China and Pakistan), both have a non-white girl pressured by overbearing parents to be a "good girl" and to get a straight A average who learns that she has supernatural powers. That said, I rather enjoyed the glimpses into urban immigrant Pakistani culture and the casual use of Urdu in the dialog. I also think it's quite cool that a 16 year old girl can have a boy as her bestie, and I'm rather hoping that they aren't going to ruin it by writing a romance between those two. When I was a kid, I was a bit of a tomboy and couldn't relate to other girls much, so all of my best friends were boys. But that changed when I hit puberty, and it wasn't until I was in college that I was interested in having platonic male friends again. Our son loves the show, which gives me hope for the future. I'm so glad that he's growing up in a time where popular culture embraces diversity in a way that it didn't when I was growing up.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2022
    Juliet316 , Sarge and Master_Lok like this.
  19. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    @I Are The Internets Agree he along with Burn Gorman as Charles Bluhdorn are the best parts of the show. Gorman (as Bluhdorn) just cracks me up as I even started doing a small impression of him but nobody gets it since nobody I know has watched it, not even my wife LOL!

20. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    It's Okay To Not Be Okay s1 e9 King Donkey Ears
    I'm just over halfway through this K-drama about a selfless caregiver and an incredibly selfish children's book author being drawn to each other, and I'm finding it very enjoyable. The cast is excellent (the guy playing the autistic brother just knocks it out the park), and the plot appears so slight that I can't imagine it falling apart like some other K-dramas I've watched.

21. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Obi-Wan Kenobi - Part II.

This had some really great moments in the first half (I love the idea of con artist fake Jedis, and Ben using a blaster shows just what a state he’s in) but the second half was… less good. Not bad or anything, but the show thinks I’m invested in Inquisitor politics and I watched all of Rebels, my dudes, I promise I am not interested in Inquisitor politics. Give me more gun fights with 4-LOM and less squabbles amongst the C-tier dark Jedi, please. And I’ve seen people talking about how they like the “Anakin is alive” revelation but… I dunno, I’d rather Ben found out some other way than “random taunt from a new character I don’t care about.” We all knew goddamn well Vader was going to show up, I hardly need it teased with Hayden Christensen in more makeup than a circus clown.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2022
  22. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    Schitt$ Creek.

S2, Ep 5-7 or whatever.
    It continues to be funny and each 21 minute episode seems at the least two thirds less that length. It's relevantly obnoxious and extremely endearing and entertaining all at once.

No analysis required. Or is there?

23. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Obi-Wan Kenobi - Part III.

Something I try to remember when I want to talk about something I wish we had seen in something I like is Jeff Gerstmann’s quote about the first Mario Maker: “I don’t see missed opportunities here. I see possibilities.” I think all of the Vader stuff here qualifies - imagine how much stronger that reveal is if our first inclination the big guy is running around in this episode is Ben’s feeling in the safe house. You could even leave in the sighting in the plains as a teaser to get people primed.

But like I said - possibilities. This episode was in the great column for me nearly from the jump (even with the ****ing Inquisitor in-fighting. I seem to be made to suffer. It’s my lot in life.). Palpable tension throughout - something the previous episode struggled with - and some really “ugly in the good way” shootouts. Hell, there was even a Quinlan Vos reference for big losers like me who remember Obi-Wan and him were, like, somewhat flirtatious Jedi buddies, so that was fun too. Good times all around.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2022
  24. XxXSpace_KarenXxX

XxXSpace_KarenXxX Jedi Youngling

Jun 18, 2022
    Doctor Who (2005) season 5, episode 6.

Without a doubt, some of the best scifi ever made.

Juliet316 likes this.
  25. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Rutherford Falls Season 2 (it was only 8 episodes) Just as good as the first season. But it left off at a major cliff hanger and I really worry they won't get a third season.

Amber Ruffin Season 2 Finale...the Juneteenth Special...Amazing. El DeBarge made an appearance which was awesome if you are a regular viewer and you know how much Amber and her sister love El DeBarge. At the end of the show she also mentioned she hopes to see us for a season three. If Amber Ruffin doesn't get renewed I will be devastated, she's the best.