main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph What was the last tv episode you watched?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Coruscant, Sep 28, 2014.

1. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Yay!!! I'm so glad she's back after about a month. I can't wait to check it out!

And season 3 better bloody happen.

Runjedirun likes this.
  2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    The Crown, Vergangenheit

Just behind the Aberfan episode as my favorite in the series. Studied and loved history all my life, and the first time I learned of the Marburg files was watching this show. Claire Foy and Alex Jennings are exquisite in this one.

3. Lobey-One Kenobi

Lobey-One Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2009
    The Last Kingdom Series 5, Episode 10 - Don't know what to do with myself now. Such a great show!

Also been catching up on EastEnders.

4. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Have been watching Man in the High Castle. Actually don’t know what ep I’m on but it’s S2 ep 6 or 7.

Pretty interesting show.

5. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Obi-Wan Kenobi - Part IV.

This episode forces me to contemplate the important questions, like “Is Fortress Inquisitorious the right kind of perfectly dumb Star Wars name for me to reference constantly?” and “Is there some collection of data analysts at Disney+ convinced that six or more episodes is the optimal length for a streaming-exclusive season?”

Total filler. Filler-ass filler. So filler I’m shocked there wasn’t a circus or a baseball game. Sometimes filler is fun, but in a six episode show it’s kind of embarrassing. And I’m exactly the sort of person who should be overjoyed to see Ben Kenobi doing a Solid Snake impersonation, so you know it’s rough. I did like the extremely ****ed up Jedi tomb which is a nice call back (call forward?) to the Luminara mummy in Rebels, but it had almost no relevance to the plot of the episode and I’m not expecting it to pay off. Feel free to surprise me, show with a cumbersome title that turns into Obi-WAN whenever I type it out because autocorrect assumes I’m talking about telecommunications.

Master_Lok and heels1785 like this.
  6. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Six episodes seems like a great number because I'm not sure people would stick around for a lot longer before losing interest. Watching The Offer over 10 weeks was... hard. Would have preferred they released 2 episodes each week.
    Also when everything is out and you want to binge the whole show, 6 hours is easy to do in one day.

7. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I’m saying the show should be five episodes or less. Or maybe just a movie the way they originally planned.

8. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Yeah I'd be cool with that.

9. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Obi-Wan Kenobi - Part V.

Commanders using their past experiences and flashbacks to determine strategic maneuvers against each other? A dramatic hallway suicide to stop advancing troops? A deliberate callback to Ben’s favorite war crime of faking a surrender? The unexplained yet certain knowledge that things would be better if only Siegfried Kircheis were here? Did I write this episode?!

Of course not, I would never bring back the stupid ship switcharoo bit from The Rise of Skywalker, I hated that reveal. Still, you can’t let the bastards get you down, particularly when the bastards are The Rise of Skywalker, which I guess is more of a singular bastard unless you treat it as a collective noun. Overall, this was a nice rebound after the previous episode. I’m not… wild about the idea that the dark side just sort of gives you the power to be too angry to die - a kind of stupid concept I forgive in other contexts - mostly because I worry it’s a gateway to a lot of poor writing decisions (people are already exploding about the ones here, which didn’t bug me, but I get it), but that’s a minor detail.

Also I can’t believe one of the nitpicky complaints circulating is about how the double bladed lightsaber is literally two lightsabers you can break in half. That’s from TPM, people. Though I admit it’s always been weird. Who designs like that? Why not just carry two lightsabers that lock together like Ventress’ do? Is it a “you must be this much of a sexy ninja to use” thing? Sheev’s out here explaining to Maul that he’s just not hot enough to get two lightsabers that lock together. Disappointing sexy apprentice game all around from the Sheevster in the canon, actually, even if older Christopher Lee has his charms; no wonder he eventually upgraded to Anakin. Imagine the devastation when those looks were tarnished forever. All that sexy ninja potential lost in time, like tears in rain. Sheev is the real victim here, is what I’m saying.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2022
  10. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    The Lazarus Project

British show about a secret organisation that has the power to wind back time up to a year to avoid extinction events (WWIII basically)

11. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    The Old Man, episodes 1 and 2.

This could have been another lame Liam Neeson box office dud, but instead it's a pretty decent Jeff Bridges tv show. Maybe not Breaking Bad good, but "no one ever sees themselves as the villian" makes for a fairly Breaking Badish thesis statement. John Lithgow plays a villain (who doesn't see himself as a villain) every bit as nuanced and layered as his role in Cliffhanger wasn't. He's seemingly tortured and introspective but also ruthless and homicidal. You really feel how weary and regretful he is about killing anyone who gets in his way. Amy Brenneman reprises her role from Heat, though an older, wiser version. She still likes dating older men, so that hasn't changed. Here Jeff Bridges makes scrambled eggs in a way that makes me want to **** him too.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2022
  12. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    LOL! Look at Ramza trying to be all cool by not reviewing Kenobi in the regular threads.

Juliet316 and Master_Lok like this.
  13. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Sith I always forget to check FX show premieres for the double eps. Luckily The Old Man is replaying tomorrow. I will check it out along with Dark Winds after I have a few on the dvr or maybe just wait for the entire seasons to binge watch.

I just finished The Man in the High Castle S2.

14. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Doctor Who: The Underwater Menace

The Doctor, Jamie, Ben and Polly arrive in Atlantis, where a scientist's plan to raise the city will result in the planet's destruction.

The serial has two missing episodes, so Episodes 1 & 4 are tele-snap reconstructions, while Episodes 2 & 3 still have the original footage.

15. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    =D=[face_flag][face_laugh]

"I only regret that I have but one up vote to give for this comment."

16. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Nah, I always post my earnest Star Wars reviews in this and the movie thread. That one ran long on me.

Obi-Wan Kenobi - Part VI.

I enjoyed it, but some of the plot resolutions were sloppy enough that I think people are going to be arguing about this series for a long time.

In particular, I’m wondering if Reva (Rewa? Revva? Rev’a?) is the character around whom the rewrites to make things more upbeat focused. I get wanting to do a redemption arc given how ****ed up her origin is, but I was baffled as to how she was still alive by that point. It felt like they actually wanted to kill her off in Part V but added this sequence on. Or possibly wanted her to die after sparing Luke but couldn’t pull the trigger.

Still, that’s not something I’m overly concerned about considering we got
    SHEEV!

And also Qui-Gon I guess, but who cares about him when we have SHEEV! THE SHEEVSTER IN ALL HIS HOLOGRAM GLORY!

This is not a bit, I legitimately marked out. Apparently I’m just a sucker for Papa Palpatine.

Overall, I liked the series despite some of the very real issues, and even more to the point, it was fun to finally get to watch a Star Wars show while it was still rolling out. Even if I had to cram it into a week because of when Disney+ became available here.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2022
  17. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    Kenobi Part 6

A clever, suspenseful, emotional and action packef finale to the series. And so much to talk about! That was amazing SW content, this episode and the entire Kenobi series. Well done.

Arwen Sith and Master_Lok like this.
  18. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Kenobi Part 6 > Loved parts of it. Would like more if Ewan is up for it.

Ms. Marvel 3 > Hmmm. I really like Kamala and Bruno and the tie in that the
    Noor relatives are Djinn is interesting, but for some reason, that reveal just killed my interest in this. I was royally annoyed the Djinn crashed the wedding to make their point.

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  19. Arwen Sith

Arwen Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2005
    Kenobi part 6. Nothing really surprising in this one, and I could foresee
    the redemption of Reva in the first episode.
    I would like to see some more, if only to learn what happened to the Inquisitors, since they were certainly no longer around at the time of A New Hope.

TNG: Sub Rosa. Not my favorite episode by any means, but I still don't understand the hate for this episode...

Last edited: Jun 23, 2022
  20. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    The Old Man

Episode 3: ratchets up the absurdity and adds a major plot hole, but still Lithgow and Bridges make it work.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2022
  21. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    11-22-63
    Pretty good show based on a Stephen King book I have not read. It is generally regarded as King's best recent book, so the series is pretty good so far, if a bit slow moving. James Franco plays a teacher who goes back in time to stop the JFK assassination. His friend (Chris Cooper) owns a diner that is a portal to the past. He gets a job at a school, meets a woman and starts following Oswald. His life in 63 seems better than his current life. Echoes of Pleasantville, Back to the Future, but of course darker. So far so good.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2022
    Luke02 likes this.
  22. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Game of Thrones. S1 Finale.

I love...loved?...this show. I used to watch it every year, just before the release of a new season. This is the first time I'm watching it all since the last season finale. And it's weird. I thought I could enjoy it, even while knowing that where it all goes in S8 is rather ... disappointing. I thought I could just love the first 7 seasons and be okay with it. And just sorta ignore S8.

But...I'm kinda already losing interest and I'm just wrapping up S1. And I really hate that.

Luke02 likes this.
  23. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Doctor Who: The Moonbase

The Doctor and his companions land on the moon, where they encounter a virus breaking out on the weather control base. What they don't initially know is that the Cybermen are involved. The second appearance of the Cybermen. Episodes 1 & 3 are animated, with Episodes 2 & 4 being the original footage.

Juliet316 and darkspine10 like this.
  24. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    @christophero30 That is one of the first things I binge watched during quarantine during the Spring 2020 as I decided to pick up the Hulu and ESPN+ on top of already Disney+ figuring we were going to be home for a bit. Flash forward to June 2022 and not only do I still have those but we also added HBOMax, Paramount+ and AppleTV as we now have NINE streaming services (Amazon Prime, Netflix, Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+, Peacock, HBOMax, Paramout+ and AppleTV), as I think we have a problem LOL! We do stay home a lot more so in the end it's still saving us money incredibly.

@DarkGingerJedi I found the same problem when I tried to do the same thing during quarantine as I figure I could rewatch most of it and still enjoy it the same. I couldn't it as the last season just left such a bad taste in my mouth that I could not get passed it. Ironically that has not happened with Star Wars since in my own fandom cannon, the Skywalker Saga ends after Episode VII. :) Cannot do the same with GoT at least so far, maybe if the prequel is good, I can try and give it another whirl.

We actually watched the first episode of Man vs Bee last night as my wife is just a massive Rowan Atkinson fan (and like him as well though not as much as she):

[​IMG]

It was pretty good I must say. Maybe not Mr. Bean good but what is really?

Last edited: Jun 25, 2022
  25. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Can’t see the image