main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph What was the last tv episode you watched?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Coruscant, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Arwen Sith

Arwen Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2005
    DS9: Duet. My favorite first season episode, some absolutely fabulous acting by Harris Yulin, who played Marritza. I have to say that by and large the Cardassians are Trek's most interesting villains, because they're so multidimensional.
    In the Hands of the Prophets. Okay episode, but it was a bit disappointing as a season finale. It has to be said, though, that Louise Fletcher steals any scene that she's in.
    The Homecoming, The Circle, The Siege. First trilogy ever in any Star Trek show. Starts a bit slow, but builds up to a great ending. The hide-and-seek in the tunnels of DS9 is downright claustrophobic.
    Invasive Procedures. Poor Dax!
    Cardassians. Interesting episode, especially the ending, because Sisko could just as well have decided the other way.

TOS: Amok Time. The second season starts off strong.
    Who Mourns for Adonais. I don't like this episode much, for the same reason that I don't like Space Seed. I can't stand arrogant men.

We've also been watching the Groot short-shorts (6 minute episodes) on Disney+. They're good for a few laughs.

Juliet316 and Sarge like this.
  2. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    In the Hands of the Prophets served to set up the Season 2 opening trilogy. Alas, not much was done with that afterwards, apart from Kai Winn later on.

Juliet316 and Sarge like this.
  3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Im rewatching Game of thrones seadon 8 now. I like more then did before. And outside last episode its good.

4. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    She-Hulk A Normal Amount of Rage s1 ep1 - Fun. Excited for what’s next though I want to laugh a lot more than I did. I really like the cast and the writing has the potential to be really funny.

ILM series on D+ Gang of Outsiders ep 1 - mom and I really enjoyed this introduction into the birth of ILM. I knew a little, but we’re both very impressed by what we saw. Looking forward to watching more with her.

Arwen Sith and Sarge like this.
  5. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Suga's Woodcarving Blog, which was really more like a half hour special on Suga of BTS doing Woodcarving. Pretty soothing.

6. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    The gas station episode of Nathan for You had me ugly cry laughing, holy ****.

7. Arwen Sith

May 30, 2005
    DS9: Melora. An okay episode. I liked the feisty Melora, and the way she mellowed when she learned to trust the people around her. That said, this is one of the stories that's begging to be retold with modern CGI. Even presuming that anything resembling a humanoid would evolve in a low-gravity environment, the proportions would absolutely be different, and they wouldn't be breathing a nitrogen/oxygen atmosphere either...

The rest of Light & Magic. One of the best documentaries about the industry that I've seen in years. Sure, the one about making The Mandalorian was also fun to watch, but this was something closer to the Weta extras of LotR.

Master_Lok and Sarge like this.
  8. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Hamster and Gretel. Superhero Sibling Rivalry/Close Shave. Sentient evil facial hair. No, really. I adore this universe. Hamster and Gretel is the second spin off series set in the world of Phineas and Ferb, after Milo Murphy’s Law, from Dan Povenmire and the P+F/MML writing team. You’d think that after a combined six seasons and the same writers, they’d start to run out of ideas, but somehow it just keeps getting weirder. :D:cool::confused:=D=[face_laugh][face_rofl]:p

Master_Lok likes this.
  9. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I watched Domino the 9th episode of season 3 of The Orville and was blown away at way they have been able to do on a tv show. The sheer scale of the space battle, planet battle, ground assault was quite impressive. They weren't kidding when they said that they were giving us a ROTS type space battle. The Orville really upped their game with the third season.

10. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    The actress who played Melora played the Doctor's companion in the Doctor Who movie starring Paul McGann.

Arwen Sith, solojones and Juliet316 like this.
  11. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    Light & Magic

Amazing documentary series about the history of ILM. This series is terrific and I learned so much. The amount of depth and detail they go into is impressive and this will be watched again by me. Several times probably.

After finishing it, I rewatched Empire of Dreams for around the tenth time. Good stuff these!

12. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    The latest episode of "The Mary Jo Pehl Show" on Twitch. Chris & MJ go on a company retreat, where a facilitator helps them deal with ways to better utilize their competencies. Mainly, it involves Chris trying to get MJ to pay $7.50 towards that omelet.
    This was the Season 1 finale, so they showed a highlight reel, plus some unboxing videos from fans. We also chose the feature for next month's "Movie Jo Night": "Devil Dog: Hound of Hell" with Richard Crenna. And Chris finally got the mohawk.

13. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Over the Garden Wall (2014)

This is a fun little miniseries about two brothers lost in some strange woods trying to find their way home. It plays with a lot of fantasy horror tropes sometimes playing them straight but more often than not giving them lighthearted comedic twists. Each episode is only 11 minutes long, so it can easily be binged as a loose movie. It's quirky and absurdist and clearly made with a lot of love for the genre, with loads of references to classic horror stories and fairy tales. It has a nice cast with Elijah Wood and young actor Collin Dean as the brothers, with Christopher Lloyd and Melanie Lynskey in supporting roles, along with small appearances from plenty of veteran actors. As an animated anthology it makes great use of its medium to provide the perfect atmospheres for each story, really enhancing both the tension throughout and the absurdity of it all. But most of all it's full of charm and whimsy as we following these endearing brothers on their journey, and the near constant subversion of expectations challenges our own biases, making this a real standout piece of "horror" media.

14. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Finished season 3 of Runaways. A series that has its moments but probably would have been a whole lot better if they didn't artificially need to stretch out every season to 10-13 episodes. Too much filler material that wasn't really needed.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2022
  15. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    She-Hulk episode 2.

The funniest elements are the law firm/court business both copping the legalese and the hilariously awkward bits with the law firm brass. Nikki is delightful too.

The awkwardness Jen feels is fun, but I am waiting for the show to make me [face_rofl] at least a few times in an episode. I like it. Wish they’d release two episodes a week though as it feels like the story is just moving forward when the episode ends.

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  16. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Finished season 3 of Daredevil last Friday, and I loved it. It's the best season...yet?

Master_Lok likes this.
  17. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    As much as I enjoyed Daredevil, I do wish they could have gotten away from having so much of the series rely on building a whole season around how DD is going to take down Kingpin. They're really good actors, but the whole premise just becomes a bit by-the-numbers at times.

18. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Finished with season 3 of Doom Patrol and cannot wait for the next season. This is the best DC series out and I just love it.

19. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Watch the first two episodes of Mike on Hulu:

[​IMG]

Know Tyson is upset they even made it which I totally get especially since it's not the first time this has been done. The HBO movie about his life was made while Mike was in prison still. It didn't cover any new real territory at least anyone who is really familiar with Mike's story and honestly not good as the other "true life" story mini series they released this year but the first two episodes were entertaining enough to have me watch it next week.

20. Arwen Sith

May 30, 2005
    DS9:
    Rules of Acquisition. I like Pel, and wish her a good fortune in the Gamma Quadrant. This episode is the first one where the Dominion is mentioned by name.
    Necessary Evil. The Cardassian occupation episodes are some of the most interesting of the show.
    Second Sight. Dr. Seyetik was so annoying with his overbearing ego that I felt like strangling him for the first 3/4 of the episode. At least he did the right thing and killed himself so that his mated-for-life wife could be free. Also laying the groundwork for Kasidy Yates, great to see Sisko being open to falling in love again, even if Fenna was just a telepathic projection.
    Sanctuary. I liked this one, especially the early bits when the universal translator didn't work. Granted, it would be annoying to go through all that every time they met a new species, but to have it at least once was good.
    Rivals. Martus was annoying, but at least he got his comeuppance in the end. O'Brien's never been a favorite character, but I have to admit that I felt a bit sorry for him in this one... I guess I'm feeling my age!

TOS: The Changeling. Probably my favorite "Kirk kills a computer before it can kill him" episode.

The Wire: S01E12 Cleaning Up. The penultimate episode of the first season is brilliant, I'm really looking forward to the finale. Brilliant show, and I can well understand why so many people say it's the best TV show ever made. I'm not sure I'd necessarily agree, but it's certainly in my top 5, based on the first season alone.

Sarge, PCCViking and Dagobahsystem like this.
  21. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Episodes 1 and 2 of The End is Nye on Peacock.

(7) The End is Nye | Official Trailer | Peacock Original - YouTube

He breaks down Science and makes it pretty simple to understand, even if I am no good at explaining it back, at least I understand. In episode one he says we could possibly build a wind farm out in the ocean and decrease the wind speeds in a hurricane. Is this a hypothesis or could we do this? Because if we could, why the hell haven't we?
    I will for sure watch the remaining 4 episodes, I can only take on disaster per day.

I'm also watching The Resort on Peacock which I didn't think I'd like but it sucked me in.

Luke02 likes this.
  22. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    Little Demon, episodes 1 and 2. Aubrey Plaza is on a role. Two movies out and voicing the mother in this sendup of occult horror tropes and tween comedies. Big Mouth meets Constantine? It's not that good, but that's where they seem to be aiming. It's not bad either.

Plaza was on Conan's podcast and told how in a single trip to LA, in one week of auditions, she got parts in Parks and Recreation, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, and Judd Apatow's Funny People. Once again she's everywhere all at once.

23. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    @Runjedirun Were going to show the kids that especially my daughter who has a real interest in natural disasters particularly tornadoes for reasons we have not figure out yet.

We watch while having lunch the second episode of She Hulk:

[​IMG]

It was entertaining but I felt slow. So far I have it ranked towards the bottom of the Disney+ MCU shows. Better then The Falcon & Winter Soldier but other then that, I enjoyed the other ones more. Perhaps it will pick up has it moves along like Ms. Marvel which sorry felt was a horrible first episode but then steadily got better especially the finale which I thought was darn good and am disappointed it doesn't sound like it will get picked up for a second season.

Runjedirun likes this.
  24. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    With actors that great, I had no issues with this.

I am curious if they’ll bring Wilson Bethel back as Bullseye. Also, if Madam Gao and Nobu return I won’t complain. They were the two Hand disciples I really liked.

I would like to see the Owl and Mr. Fear too. They’ve got so much great material to work with. It would be fun to see them take on the Bendis/Maleev, Waid/Rivera/Samnee and Zdarsky/Checchetto runs (I’d lose my mind if they did Z/C because there’s so much awesome drama Charlie could play with and I want to see the battle for Hell’s Kitchen from issues 19 & 20 so bad.)

Last edited: Aug 27, 2022
    Juliet316 likes this.
  25. Arwen Sith

May 30, 2005
    DS9: The Alternate. Ugh, Mora Pol's annoying. I'm just sorry that Odo had to resort to such drastic measures, even if unwittingly, to get him to back off.

The Wire: Sentencing. The first season ended with a bang, just as I expected.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2022
    PCCViking likes this.