main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph What was the last tv episode you watched?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Coruscant, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    I downloaded the Malaysia flight 370 Netflix documentary to watch on my flight home last night but I got to the airport early so just watched it at the gate. It’s probably better not to alarm your row mate with airline disaster shows.

it’s really bad. Since the available facts are few they fill the void with every available conspiracy theory.

“The family of passengers continue to suffer because they never got closure. The end.”

Last edited: Mar 11, 2023
  2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I've started watching this old Sci-Fi SyFy miniseries Taken, produced by Steven Spielberg and helmed by Leslie Bohem (so no Liam Neesons). It's an interesting take on the classic "aliens landing in Roswell" story, with less a focus on the aliens and more focus on how their arrival impacts the various humans impacted by their arrival. It's pretty well-done for the most part, though the alien CG is about on par for Sci-Fi productions at the time, aka not great. There's not really any big names in the cast- ironically some of the biggest names are two of the then-child stars, Dakota Fanning and Anton Yelchin.

It's also a generational story, starting at the end of WWII and making its way to the present day of the time, 2002. It's fun seeing this little hidden history alongside real history, and seeing the evolution of both the aliens' approaches to interacting with humans and humans' methods for dealing with these strange visitors.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2023
    Siphonophore and soitscometothis like this.
  3. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    Bent Coppers
    BBC

this is a great doc series about bent coppers in London in the 70's.

4. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    The Last Of Us Ep. 4

I never played the games, so I dont have that perspective. Regardless of how much from the game is changed, I dont know and I dont care. This series is very good. Bella Ramsey is just so good.

5. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    The Orville: New Horizons - that is how to conclude a series! Would it be good to get a fourth series? Yes, it would but if it doesn't happen this winds things up really well. There's no irritating end of series cliffhangers, no obviously flapping plot threads.

The shift to 70-90 minute episodes also allowed for far more ambitious episodes, with 3.09 being the example, but not the only one. The aftermath of the Kaylon revelations, changing alliances, time travel, Moclans - they all add up to a hard hitting but also very entertaining set of episodes.

The ninth episode, Domino, is where they clearly decided to blow the budget and go for broke. The episode has fleet fighters and shoot outs, fought on the ground, sky and space and it is all stupidly ambitious. It also succeeds brilliantly, with everyone getting time in the spotlight. It is the finale of the series big plots. 3.10 is a quieter, more contemplative, character focused affair.

I hope this does get another series but if not? These 30 odds episodes form an excellent set.

6. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Taking a small break from Craig’s boring Bond entries and watching ep 1 of MH370. This consumed the airwaves at the time of the incident. I can remember a few of these clips live that are shown. Ed ugh so annoying to hear Wolf Stormy Daniels Blitzer’s voice/segments again.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2023
  7. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Dp. Netflix does great documentaries truly. This however is not one of them.. I’m on ep 3 at the 16 minute mark and I’m calling this quits. Only has 3 episodes. Don’t bother with this drivel.

8. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    You're the second person to say that docuseries is horrible..thanks for saving me time.

9. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Ah I see that now from a few days ago yeah. It’s really disappointing considering how for the most part Netflix nails docs. This just wanders and also fails to capture the “oh sith” twist that played out over that hectic period of time.

10. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    Doctor Who: Series 9 with Peter Capaldi

The 12th Doctor is so cool and he plays guitar. Capaldi is such a great actor that he elevates every scene he is in and the entire production. And most all of the stories here are really good too. Quite an enjoyable and entertaining season from the new Doctor Who era.

Juliet316, Master_Lok and PCCViking like this.
  11. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Doctor Who
    "The Lazarus Experiment": The Doctor and Martha investigate when an experiment deages an old man.
    "42": The Doctor and Martha have 42 minutes to help stop a ship from falling into a star.
    "Human Nature/The Family of Blood": The Doctor disguises himself as a human in 1913 England to avoid a family of aliens who want his regenerations.
    "Blink": The Doctor and Martha must rely on Sally Sparrow when they're sent back into the past by the Weeping Angels.

12. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Finished Season 1 of Route 66. Overall, it was more drama and less action than I expected. I'm not much of a drama fan, but they told some really compelling stories. And the guest star list is impressive, lots of people who would go on to great things: Robert Duvall, Walter Matthau, Suzanne Pleshette, Leslie Nielson, Susan Oliver, Jack Lord, Anne Francis, Nehemiah Persoff. And they're not above a little humorous self-promotion; there were two or three times when a character mentioned the music of Nelson Riddle. He wrote the theme music.

Master_Lok likes this.
  13. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Star Trek: The Next Generation Conspiracy. I don’t know if it’s just my imagination, but all the shenanigans currently going on in Picard somehow suddenly make this episode waaaaaaaaay more disturbing.

14. Arwen Sith

Arwen Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2005
    I've seen the first three episodes of The Mandalorian, season 3. I'm enjoying them a lot, even the last one that was more about Dr. Pershing than Mando. The scene where Pershing was sitting in that huge open office looked almost identical to a scene from the Imperial bureaucracy in Andor. Wouldn't surprise me if it was the same building, only repurposed.

We've completed DS9, and that last continuous story's really amazing. Damar's one of my favorite characters once he stops drinking kanar all the time and becomes a rebel leader, I'm sorry he didn't survive. Too many episodes to go into detail, but I really enjoyed this show.

We're almost done with the short first season of Voyager, as well, the last episode we've seen so far is Heroes and Demons. I'm enjoying it a lot more now than I did last time around, probably because I'm not expecting too much.

15. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    The Nevers eps 7 and 8. still really liking it .

16. Power of the Dark Side

Power of the Dark Side Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2023
    Deep Space Nine is a fantastic show, I've probably seen it start to finish at least a dozen times. Damar has a great arc, from grunt to murderer to drunk to hero. But after killing Dukat's daughter whose name I seem unable to spell he really had to die in the end. Voyager is great too, but doesn't really get going till about Season 4.

Last TV episode I watched was Andor episode 2. Haven't seen The Mandalorian yet but I doubt the same building is used as Mandalorian is being made in LA, whereas Andor is filmed in England. At least according to Wikipedia.

Juliet316, Arwen Sith and Master_Lok like this.
  17. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    I’m thinking of rewarding Worf’s DS9 arc as an extension of my TNG/Picard binge. I didn’t expect the Dominion War to have so much relevance in this season of Picard.

18. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    Last two episodes of Poker Face. Mostly a fun ride with consistently entertaining episodes. It was all a bit over the top but also charming. I’d watch a second season.

19. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Watched some more classic Doctor Who with my sisters, Terror of the Autons (1971) and The Web of Fear (1968). The former is a rather garish affair, introducing the Master, in his most stereotypical cackling villain role. The plastic controlling Autons attempt a plethora of goofy death traps from killer chairs, evil policemen, and suffocating daffodils. There's a whole completely useless subplot at a travelling circus which only serves to eat up time in episode two and provides no real thematic unity with the 'plastics gone mad' stuff. It's directed quite poorly by Barry Letts too, an unusually poor showing from him. Letts chooses to frame shots with speakers out of frame, and heavily overuses the new CSO bluescreen compositing effects to an insane degree.

Web is a much more solid serial, tackling an invasion of the London Underground by robot yeti (it makes sense given it's a sequel to a Tibet-based story from the same season that established the beasts). The tunnels are a perfect atmospheric locations, and the standard 'base under siege' format is shaken up nicely by adding a mystery around a traitor in the group. The paranoia rachets up very nicely by the end. Episode three is still missing from the archives, and the recent CG animation, while rather jarring at first, isn't half bad at recreating the gap.

Juliet316 and Master_Lok like this.
  20. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Still watching Spielberg’s Taken, and man, Matt Frewer is hysterical. I haven’t really seen him in much beyond bit roles, so it’s fun to see him play a wacky character here.

21. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    The Web of Fear also introduces the Brigadier, who's a Colonel at the time.

22. XandertheWise

XandertheWise Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 7, 2022
    Episodes 3 and 4 of Season 1 of Babylon 5 I watched this weekend

23. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    For All Mankind, season 3 episode 4
    It's getting interesting again with the 3 way race to Mars running into problems. Thankfully not much soap opera stuff to bore me.

24. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
    Star Trek: TNG season 1 episode 6
    “Where no one has gone before”

This is my first time watching anything Star Trek outside of the first JJ Abrams movie. I’m 6 episodes in now and I think it’s pretty chill. I’ve been told it doesn’t get REALLY good til season 3 but it definitely hasn’t been bad so far. Picard and Troi are both really hot. That’s my very bi review of the show.

Juliet316 likes this.
  25. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Hyperdrive, season 1 episode 6
    The writers have fully found the voices of the characters, and this is one of their best. The end of season 1 is genuinely moving, and still hilarious.