main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph What was the last tv episode you watched?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Coruscant, Sep 28, 2014.

1. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    My god, Barry, what have you done?

I have no idea if this theme is right but I'll blurt it out. Everyone has their own worlds. The acting world and the underground world Barry is stuck between are both reflections. On the acting side for example a very minor actor shows up at a party and all the actor wannabes surround him. In the mob world an expert assassin shows up and the other criminals take pictures with him. Reflections of the soul then, an angel on one shoulder and demons on the other.

Anyway, it'll pretty much be nothing but Barry for the week and all weekend. I have missed out all this time.

2. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    He is arrested yes. Also a big hit happens and probably some of the best dream sequences of the series, though another really good one is coming in a few more seasons.

christophero30 likes this.
  3. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Oh yeah. You find out why Tony faints when he sees meat.

JEDI-SOLO likes this.
  4. Jedi Bluth

Jedi Bluth Shelf of Shame Winner star 6

Sep 4, 2021
    [​IMG]

I just watched the last for episodes of this series. I must say it went differently, than what I thought.

5. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    No that is later in the series.

6. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    On S3 Ep3. The meat revelation is coming soon.

This season was always my favorite. I really liked Jackie who was the same age as me roughly when this came out and I was just as cocky as the character minus being a mafia potential member. I loved Ralphie too and Bobby really begins to come into his role.

I always forget Bill Clinton was prez for the start of series. I feel so old.

7. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    The Sopranos does a good job of world building. There are a lot of good characters. And it's almost like a Coen Bros. thing where everything is a little off kilter.

Last edited: May 29, 2023
  8. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    A big part of what makes The Sopranos unique among mob dramas is its willingness to lean into the surreal and weird. (Cursing and slurs in the clip, just like pretty much every other part of the show.)

christophero30 and Bor Mullet like this.
  9. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    S3 Ep4 Employee of the Month

Always no matter how many times viewed is a hard episode. Lorraine brings her A game to this Melphi centered episode and it is like the one time in all the seasons she comes close to maybe crossing that professional line to sic Tony on her attacker.

It’s a great character build for her.

10. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    It also harkens back to a theme in the Godfather. People don't need the mafia unless the police are unable to help them.

heels1785 , solojones and JEDI-SOLO like this.
  11. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Drops of God s1 e3 “Duel”
    This is the Skywalker Saga with wine. So far I’m loving it.
    @Rylo Ken have you tried this yet (you’ve got Apple TV+, right?).

12. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Finished S3. There is a lot in this season that contributes to what ultimately happens to a certain person. Could have been avoided by taking Chris’s offer.

Onto S4. Ugh let the soap opera begin again along with the more or less downward momentum of the series.

I might have enjoyed S2 a tad more than 3 this time around.

13. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i enjoyed all of the sopranos, but i do think it peaked in the first two seasons.

14. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Oh I totally enjoyed it all. It’s imo a series that when it was airing was to exciting to truly compare, it’s not till a good binge watch that you really can do so. There’s still some great stuff in these remaining seasons.

I just freaked out as on S4 Ep1 Tony is watching tv and the song bit of Rio Bravo is playing. All these years and rewatches I had no clue what that was except for knowing the song. Was really cool since I just watched that movie for the 1st time.

15. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Damn my time limit just hit. I was going to edit that last and say the coma, dream, hospital bit in 6A is an exception…I was pretty pissed off for those 2-3 weeks for sure.

16. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
  17. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    "Ghosts" starring Rose McIver from "iZombie" and Utkarsh Ambudkar from "Never Have I Ever". Two shows I love. McIver went from zombies to ghosts!

The whole cast is great, especially Brandon Scott Jones who was on, "The Good Place". "The Good Place" is another favorite of mine. Apparently the show has been on regular old broadcast TV for years but I never heard of it until recently since I don't watch broadcast TV. I'm only three episodes in but it's funny stuff. Sorta reminds me of a Bryan Fuller show.

18. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    Edie Falco and James Gandolfini do some incredible acting on the Sopranos. Esp. the one where Carmela throws all his stuff out the window. She basically tells him she is okay with all the gangster stuff but not the womanizing.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2023
  19. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Barry Season 3 episode 6. Why was that the best motorbike chase ever?

20. Arwen Sith

Arwen Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2005
    TOS:
    The Savage Curtain. Kirk, Spock, Abraham Lincoln and Vulcan legend Surak are pitted in battle against notorious villains from history for the purpose of helping a conscious rock creature's understanding of a concept he does not understand, "good vs. evil". One of the weird episodes that TOS is justifiably both famous and notorious for.

All Our Yesterdays. When Kirk, Spock and McCoy investigate the disappearance of a doomed planet's population, they find themselves trapped in different periods of that world's past. My favorite episode of the third season, and it's pretty high on my list of favorite TOS episodes in general.

Turnabout Intruder. Captain Kirk's insane ex-lover Dr. Janice Lester forcibly switches bodies with him in order to take command of the Enterprise. Urgh, one of my least favorite TOS episodes, the sexism is strong in this one. At least the Federation had women captains about 50 years later, as shown by TNG's Yesterday's Enterprise and Captain Rachel Garrett. But Shatner's overacting as "Janice" was rather entertaining.

VGR:
    Flashback. Captain Janeway participates in a mind meld with Tuvok, who relives his experiences on the U.S.S. Excelsior under the command of Captain Sulu at the time of Star Trek V: The Undiscovered Country. Great to see Sulu again.

The Chute. Convicted of a crime they didn't commit, Harry Kim and Tom Paris wind up in an unsupervised, crowded prison, a hellhole where implants ramp up everyone's aggression. A surprisingly dark episode, both literally and metaphorically, for this early in Voyager.

Recently I also started a rewatch of Father Brown, and we're watching the most recent season of Midsomer Murders.

Sarge and PCCViking like this.
  21. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    All done with Barry.

I mean really, Gene got shafted. He had a history of being a bad person, and even in the end his own selfishness got to him. Still, that's an extreme bit of karma for him.

With Barry I am glad they did not go with a redemption trope. He did kill a lot of evil people, but he also killed innocents and in the end he was not the one who saved the day. His ending was appropriate.

Sally and her son, happily, get the happy ending.

22. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I was very disappointed in that one. The story went nowhere and meant nothing. It was great to see Sulu and Rand, but I felt they were wasted in this nothingburger. And that goes double for Kang; he was Trek's most melodramatic scenery-chewer of a Klingon, and he had zero memorable lines or drama. If you want great TOS flashbacks, forget this one and watch DS9 Trials & Tribble-ations instead. And for Kang greatness, go with Day of the Dove and Blood Oath. "Look upon your executioners, killer of children!"

Jedi Ben and PCCViking like this.
  23. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Been watching Perfect Match on Netflix since yesterday. I’m on episode 10 now but had to pause so the offspring can play GTA 5.

I will be so happy for awhile once 6 gets released. I’ve had to watch this damn game and rebuy since the PS3 days. I’m so sick of it!

24. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    The Succession finale, need more of my favorite horrible people :D

25. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    Whitehouse Plumbers

series about the Watergate burglars. Justin Theroux is having great fun as G Gordon Liddy.