main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming What was the last videogame you beat?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Siths_Revenge, Mar 21, 2005.

1. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    I just finished Jedi Fallen Order, I really enjoyed the game! An excellent addition to the SW universe (both Legends and Canon). Beautiful vistas, some fun characters and that fight with Vader at the end... that was pretty intense...

2. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Yakuza 0. Phenomenal. One of the greats of last gen.

Now I’m trying to decide if I want to move on to Kiwami immediately or play a game or two in between to avoid burnout. [face_thinking]

Jedi Ben, Ramza and solojones like this.
  3. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    KIWAMI MEANS EXTREME

Reynar_Tedros, Jedi Ben and Ramza like this.
  4. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Majima will just find you in those other games anyway.

5. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    "Oh is that a Hidden Blade?" "Nope just Goro again."

Jedi Ben likes this.
  6. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    7/12/20-2/10/21 Cold Steel 2 with 170+ hours played. I would have finished and been well into CS3(which I’m now starting) had it not been for 2 hurricanes dead stopping my progress for a few weeks last year.

I fn lurved this game! 1&2 were huge treats so my hopes are high that 3&4 keeps it up.

High reco so far.

7. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Played through a whole bunch of Elder Scrolls Online content in the last few weeks, mostly playing 2-player with a cousin of mine. The game is great, in every respect bar combat, which is quite a slog most of the time. Quests are good, characters are exemplary, worlds and lore are neat for long-term and newer fans.

So far of the DLCs we've done Morrowind, Clockwork City, Thieves Guild, most of Dark Brotherhood, and just started Wrothgar. Best moments have been meeting Sotha Sil (CC), a great twist in the story (Morrowind), and some fantastic character dynamics (Thieves). Liking the greater emphasis on stealth mechanics in the newer areas too.

In my own time I've been working through the parts of the base game I've never done, in Glenumbra, before moving on to wrap the few areas I left uncompleted in the Ebonheart Pact.

Austin Chaos likes this.
  8. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I really need to catch up on Elder Scrolls. I'm a couple DLCs behind..

darkspine10 likes this.
  9. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning

The new title is rubbish but this is one very entertaining game. Not the best in looks - and its age of being nearly a decade old shows - but it's a game not afraid to get out of its way and let the player have fun. True, there are times when the camera forgets that fighting on a 3D plane means being to see more than a flat indicator that wrecks any sense of depth and you can get lost in the field of view when it pulls out too much, but on the whole? It works very well.

The two DLCs included are OK extras. Neither is particularly revolutionary and the Dead Kell one messes with fast travel without warning, but they're good enough and add about 10 hours to the game.

Like others it has a set of infinite quests you can never complete, which is something I'm coming to dislike, but easy to ignore most of them.

Glitterstimm likes this.
  10. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
    Well got through the third game. I have pretty much the same review that I had for the first two; great story, interesting characters and dialogue, and relentless and unfair enemies. Will please someone tell me why IRL anyone would care more about hunting you down to kill you rather than save themselves on a sinking ship? And don't get me started on the enemies that have body armor that can take like ten shots from a shotgun at point blank range, and can survive a grenade attack. I liked the story, by the enemies are far too merciless to warrant much replay value in the difficult modes.

Now onto Uncharted 4!

11. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    That's why these games are best on Explorer difficulty.

12. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Yeah but then I wouldn't be able to roam around or "cosplay" as Elena or Chloe if I find enough treasures. But I used the Explorer difficulty in the first game and the enemies were still pretty relentless. I think the game would be easier if every other enemy didn't have a grenade to throw at you.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  13. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    The wrecked ship levels in the original U3, even on Easy, were ****ing insane. Especially that goddamn Ballroom shoot out.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  14. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    The crashing plane and the sinking ship are two of my favorite set pieces of the series. They’re one of the main reasons why U3 is my favorite of the original three.

Jordan1Kenobi likes this.
  15. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Crash Bandicoot 2. Those underwater levels were hard. The original PS one Crashes not the remixes.

16. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I can't argue against the phenomenal set pieces, but it's the enemy AI that was just brutal. It really didn't have to be that way.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  17. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    The sinking sequence is after the goddamn ballroom massacre.

18. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Love that sequence. 3 is definitely my favorite of the original three.

Jordan1Kenobi likes this.
  19. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    U3 really is 'kill an army for each level'.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
  20. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Nate wouldn't have it any other way.

21. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Can you imagine playing U3 with a 'enemy bodies don't disappear' mod.

22. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Assassin’s Creed Valhalla

And I’ve officially finished the ancient mythology trilogy! The story didn’t really get going in this one until the later chapters and I could definitely have done with one or two less shires but overall I thought it was a thoroughly satisfying conclusion. My favorite aspects were the raiding and besieging of towns. Overall the combat was much simpler and thus far less frustrating than in previous games. I only really had trouble with one boss fight and that was with Goodwin. I look forward to seeing where they go with the ending in the next game.

Next up Spider-Man: Miles Morales!

darkspine10 likes this.
  23. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Regarding Uncharted 3, that game definitely has the most difficult waves of enemies to defeat, especially on the ship graveyard and ballroom. But I refuse to play any of them below normal difficulty.

--------------------

I just played Inside. I've always heard good things about it, and since it was only $5 I thought why not. I really liked it. Once I started, I didn't want to stop. It was suspenseful and even scary and disturbing at times. And really interesting and thought provoking. I can't tell what the meaning of it was, but I will certainly be thinking about.

The puzzles were just about the right difficulty - not too easy, but not too hard either. I definitely struggled in a few places, but that's alright.

I thought the escape sequence was a bit too weird for my liking, and would've preferred to just keep playing as the boy right through to the end. But that's really my only gripe.

The visuals were absolutely stunning, and I was surprised at the amount of detail that was in each area. The sound design also sounded fantastic.

I'll give it a solid 8/10.

24. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    So I have gotten to Winchester, which is the last county before the final story arc. But I also want to play the last Asgard stuff... But that stuff is LEVEL 350. How am I supposed to get that high up? :( I am only 262.

25. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Do more stuff! As an incorrigible 100%er gamer, I was well beyond max level well before the endgame without any kind of grinding, purely through completing all the mysteries/wealth/artifacts.

If you want to maximize the bang for your buck, collect all the wealth in Asgard and Jotunheim, and then do the altars there, which each give five skill points, IIRC.

darkspine10 likes this.