main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT What was your favourite toy / figure when you where a kid?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by daveeek, Jul 12, 2011.

1. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Children aren't allowed to be moderators. You must step down at once while I ascend to Supreme Moderator of the Universe.

Back on topic, I got back into building Legos again, and coincidentally have constructed several SW models including the Falcon from Solo. Once I figure out how to post pictures (believe me, I've been trying to do this for at least 7 years) I'll have to post them.

2. StarYogi

StarYogi Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2005
    Any Star Wars Lego fans here will appreciate this video. A HUGE custom built Death Star that took over 3 years to complete. Enjoy!

whostheBossk and christophero30 like this.
  3. StarYogi

StarYogi Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2005
    I had the Darth Vader case.
    [​IMG]

4. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    I remember that collector's case. I had the Rebel Transport vehicle which was supposed to double as a carry case. The interior of it had compartments for each figure and you could carry them around with the "handle" on top, which was the cockpit I think on the movie version.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Apart from that, it was a pretty crappy vehicle and toy.

This was also a strange one. The Imperial Troop Transport
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  5. Jediking97

Jediking97 Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 24, 2018
    [​IMG] Well even the i'm in my 20s I just bought this Forces of Destiny Rey for 5$ at a dollar store. I just love the details on her and she is so beautiful she looks exactly like Daisy Ridley

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  6. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    My brother and I loved to play with his Millennium Falcon when we were little.

christophero30 likes this.
  7. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    I remember an old guy at the toy store reading a sign at the stand with the Kenner figures. He said "Star the Empire Strikes Back Wars. That's a funny title."

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  8. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    What's he talking about? It really rolls off the tongue. :p

christophero30 likes this.
  9. sith_rhino

sith_rhino Jedi Master star 2

Jul 9, 2007
    Yeah, still have all of the original SW trading cards and action figures (also opened) too! :)

10. Bob Effette

Dec 20, 2015
    It still amuses me how Kenner got the names of 4-LOM and Zuckuss the wrong way round on the figures back in the day.

11. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    esp. considering how important they were to the story. :p

12. Bob Effette

Dec 20, 2015
    I know, but I loved 4-LOM, I mean Zuckuss, in his little beige leather overcoat.

sith_rhino and christophero30 like this.
  13. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    I had a Bossk Kenner figure.

14. StarGuppy

StarGuppy Jedi Padawan

Jul 27, 2017
    My favorite is my Landspeeder (the 1978 original, not the '84 reissue or the '90s repaint). I love it because it was so hard to find (this was pre-internet) and I wanted it for such a long time before I actually got one. My favorite figure is the original C-3PO (no removable limbs or later variations). He was my first figure.

15. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    I had a real soft spot for Jawa action figures growing up. They were so cute. I would build special homes for them.

sith_rhino likes this.
  16. C.Roach

C.Roach Jedi Knight star 2

May 3, 2018
    I liked the Jawa too, but could never justify buying one because of its size (lack of). The price point was the same as a regular sized figure. I did like the cloth outfit.
    I wish the figure was released by Kenner in a twin pack.

17. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    @C.Roach, luckily my dad was generous enough to pay for the Jawas, so I never had to justify the cost. It was nice when I was a kid and didn't have to fund my Star Wars obsession with my own hard-earned money. [face_laugh]

18. C.Roach

C.Roach Jedi Knight star 2

May 3, 2018
    The first figure I ever owned (also payed for by dad) was Luke Skywalker: X-Wing Pilot, in 1979.
    I liked the orange flight suit and white helmet with the stencilled ‘anchors’. I used to stare at the packaging for hours, loved that image of Luke on the ladder. The back of the card got even more attention. It was a fantastic time to be a child.

19. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    The summer of 1980 my family and I worked on a friend's farm helping them out, weeding and such. It was hard work, but my parents agreed to get me a Kenner action figure for every day that i worked. I got Boba Fett, Lando, ESB Luke, A Bespian guard and Vader. I also got ESB Leia and a snow trooper.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  20. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Wish I remembered when I picked out my figures. I know I had quite a few including that Luke X-Wing Pilot stated above. Put him in the X-Wing and you were transported to a galaxy far, far away. For ESB I had a Rebel Transport, Wampa, Taun Taun open belly, Bossk, Boba Fett, and for ROTJ I had Jabbas throne with Squid Head, Klaatu and Speeder Bike.
    I'm keeping track with pics on every vintage figure I give my son. He just watched ROTJ yesterday so I'm starting with a mail away Ackbar this week!

21. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    My brother had a life-sized stuffed Yoda toy. If it was sitting on his bed, sometimes it could look like a small person and startle you until you realized it was green and must be Yoda. [face_laugh]

22. Adella7

Adella7 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 8, 2016
    My cousin ( who I shall not name) has Millennium Falcon model or playset in his basement. The last time I have seen was in the 1980's.

23. RogueZero

RogueZero Jedi Master star 2

Mar 17, 2009
    Man I'm jealous of many of you. As a kid back in the '80s, I never had the Millennium Falcon or the AT-AT (my most-wanted-but-didn't-get toy of my childhood) or a lot of the bigger vehicles and I had none of the playsets. All I had outside the figures (and I had just about every single one) was the landspeeder and the X-Wing. Our back or front yard or the park nearby served as playsets. I specifically remember playing the battle of Hoth during winter when it snowed. It was always a little lame with the AT-AT though. I still want that thing.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
    whostheBossk and Ananta Chetan like this.
  24. TIE Mechanic

TIE Mechanic Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 1, 2019
    I loved my Kenner C-3PO. I was a good model maker by the time SW came out in '77 ( I was 14), and when I picked up this figure, I weathered it and painted in the midriff section to make him look more authentic.

I think it was about '78 and I ordered an MPC Darth Vader Tie Fighter kit from 'Famous Monsters' magazine and it took 6 months to arrive in Australia. They packed it poorly and it was crushed in the journey, but I eventually resurrected the kit and painted it up. I went looking for it under my parents house about twenty years ago and my father said he threw out all my old SW stuff (magazines, movie programmes, figures, posters and models). Sad face...

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
    sith_rhino likes this.
  25. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Well that is truly sad :( Unfortunetly that was the case with most of our collections. Maybe that's why I'm so anal now about every loose weapon I step across. If only my parents give 10% what I do now for my son. I do appreciate someone (probably mom) putting some figures in a box and away to make a move to a new home in '88. Still have 14 of my originals plus the Transport (named in my last post above) top, and die cast Star Destroyer.

TIE Mechanic likes this.