main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reference What was your first ever RP post? How does it compare to your posts now?

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by DarthXan318, Nov 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Even if it does have a shady ghetto or two.

To say nothing of the gate to hell that is 4chan.

2. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    I too would have been too young 11 years ago. :p On the flip side, COPPA wouldn't have come about yet (I think) so we might've been able to get away with it.

3. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    Great idea for a thread Xan! I have done this quite a bit while I've been here (the whole looking back at previous posts thing). I find it interesting. Here is one of my first posts, being in one of the first successful RPGs I was in.
    Wow, that's pretty bad. I did have an IC, no character name, no TAG, no style at all. Not only that, but the content (all 30 words of my post) is just garbage. No detail at all, I didn't capitalize when I should have and the grammar is just bad. But, to be fair, I was only 14. Less than a year later, I ended up winning Best RPer for the first time, so I guess I improved that first year.

Here's one of the last RPs I've posted (wow, it's been more than a year, I need to get back into it...)
    I would say I improved quite a bit. First, there's the style/layout. Over the years, I went through several layouts, before ultimately ending with this one. I like it, I think it looks pretty :p. I think the biggest improvement is the detail.

4. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    Eleven years ago, I was five.

Anyway, here?s my first ever IC post. It was under a different name, in some stupid game that I can?t remember the name of.

IC: Jaden

Finally Jaden had made it to Londen "i cant believe the stupid vamps need my help" it had taken a long time to fly from america. Jaden slowly left the airport and pulled his skateboard out of his bag "got to look the part " He told himself . To bad i dont know where to go thought Jaden . "i guess ill have to find out on my own since no vampires or werewolfs have come to greet me" Jaden skates down the street casually looking around.

Tag: Vampires and Werewolfs

[hr]
    I cringe every time I think about myself at thirteen.

Now, here?s a post I did today, for 129ABY:

[hr]
    Ryu Brightstar, Lord Protector of the Free State of Anaxes
    Capital City of Anaxes

The nights were hard for Ryu, since the Battle of Anaxes. The moment he closed his eyes, the disembodied faces of many hounded him. Ryu knew that if he attempted to share a bed with Jule he would keep her awake every night from his ceaseless torment. The dreams were becoming worse; more vivid and increasingly frightening. And, in his sleep, Ryu could not control himself. Ryu would often awake to dressers and chairs thrown across the room, missing legs and overturned. Ryu?s modest command over the Force was amplified tenfold at night.

This particular morning, Ryu had woken himself up at three. Knowing that his wakeup call wouldn?t come for another two and a half hours, Ryu bathed and dressed in darkness, savoring the quiet he had once scorned. When Jule knocked on his door at six, he was sitting with his head in his hands. To be able to think was a terrible thing, Ryu thought with irony.

At Jule?s beckoning, Ryu stood and crossed the room. He opened the door to find Jule, in her dressing gown. Ryu looked down at his own lavish black and gold dress armor, and asked, ?Shouldn?t you be getting ready, then??

Realizing that he must have sounded rather cold, Ryu brought his hands up to Jule?s face and kissed her softly on the lips. Perhaps she would be able to ease his irritable mood.

Tag: Sinre

[hr]
    So, obviously the quality now is much better, but I wouldn?t exactly say it?s good. I think I might have to accept one day that I?ll never really be a good writer.

5. GenOochy

GenOochy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 8, 2003
    Off topic: COPPA was overturned a couple years back, actually.

My first post...

Topic: So, It's the Jedi Purge... Who Gets It First? (An RPG)
    14 March 2003 4:01pm

A more recent post..

Topic: Star Wars- The Final Resurrection
    23 December 2009 9:33pm

6. HairyWookiee12

HairyWookiee12 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 22, 2009

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.