main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Discussion What was your first fanfic?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by LittleMissNightsaber, Aug 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LittleMissNightsaber

LittleMissNightsaber Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2009
    What was the first fanfic you ever wrote? Mine was Thoughts of An OC Jedi.

2. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Third grade creative writing assignment. A food fight in the galley on the original USS Enterprise, 1701. When the original series was still on the air. On NBC. I read it for the whole class and they laughed with me. This was when computers were giant room-sized monoliths with memory somewhere in the kbyte range and accessed mostly with punch cards. Paper and pencil only and that story is long, long gone from the world.

3. CherryLightsaber

CherryLightsaber Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2005
    I wrote my VERRRRY first fanfic when I was about seven. It was a Digimon fanfic where most of the children were killed by a villain-sue. No paragraphs, just one big block of text. As for my first fanfic here.... I think it was about Sidious and his training.

4. KithuraVess

KithuraVess Jedi Master star 4

Nov 19, 2008
    ardavenport: Wow, that sounds so awesome! [face_laugh]

The first fanfic I ever wrote was "Star Warz", when I was 8 (my brother had just rented Ep. IV). [face_plain] I wrote nine Star Warz stories.

5. karebear214

karebear214 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2002
    My writing, like a lot of other people's, went through stages. I suppose my first attempt at any sort of "fanfic" was in late elementary school - call it around 5th grade - for "Writer's Workshop" class assignments which were heavily influenced by the cartoons I watched with my friends. Then, when I was eleven and twelve, first being introduced to Star Wars, I started making up stories using those characters and that world. At the time, I still had no idea that such a thing as fanfic existed. I discovered fanfic on the internet when I was thirteen, and the first story I wrote that was structured enough to be called a story came shortly after (I think it was for Charmed). The first fanfic I published online was for the short-lived FOX show Dark Angel (I was 14 or 15). My first published Star Wars story on these boards was a year later - it was a horrendous attempt at a Jaina/Jag relationship piece which was a great idea in theory but very poorly executed. I'm much happier with my writing these days, but I still tend to stick to short-form one-shots, as I have a horrible track record with attempting to plot longer stories.

6. Kelli_LB

Kelli_LB Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 24, 2006
    I wrote my first fanfic when I was seventeen or eighteen for the USA show La Femme Nikita. It was even posted on the internet. Thankfully, no trace of it exists, I've looked. It was terrible, the OC was a major Mary Sue. My first Star Wars fanfic was a vignette written only a few years ago and is posted here. It's not that good, but it's Shakespeare compared to my very first fanfic.

7. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    First fic I ever wrote was an MMPR future ficlet, the details of which I'm not going into. First fic project I wrote (that was longer than a viggie)... is actually being posted to the NSW in diary format and was Animorphs.

First SW was a Mara viggie posted in 2005. :)

8. Takianna

Takianna Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    The first fan fiction I ever wrote was about a rock band and they were for a very close friend. I don't let many people who know me well read my stuff. My husband, for one has never. But that was the first "fanfic" I wrote if you can consider that a form of fanfic.

I started posting here in 2008 with a bad one shot about Leia (who I can't really write). Luckily, I've learned from reading so many great stories and working in a newspaper really helps to develop your style.

9. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    I wrote my first fanfic in 2002 and it was a horribly written Lord of the Rings/Harry Potter crossover. The funny thing is that I wrote it before I even heard of the term fanfic. Imagine my surprise when I found fanfiction.net.

I didn't even start my first Star Wars fanfic until I found this site in 2005, shortly after ROTS came out.

10. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Sailor Moon to the rescue! Woohooo!

It was back in 1999.

I still have the fic, too. Quite entertaining. :D

11. LittleMissNightsaber

May 2, 2009
    Before I even heard the term 'fanfic', I wrote a SW fic (Not my first). This was two years ago when I was eleven. I looked back at it today, and found it was bad yet it had some potential. I'm currently editing it. When the time's right, I'll post it. :)

12. CelseteAntola

CelseteAntola TF.N Books Staff star 3 VIP

May 18, 2002
    Hmm... I wan't introduced to fanfic until I was about 15, and I met my now-best friend at summer camp. She was big into Lord of the Rings and was telling me all about the stories she had written in that realm. The thought had never occured to me that I could write stories about my favorite characters!! So, when I got home, I promptly situated myself in front of the computer and wrote my first fan fic- a one-shot Leia vignette about her thoughts after picking Luke up at Bespin. After that I wrote a Sailor Moon story ([face_blush]) which was horribly mary-sue-ish... I think that horrible thing is still lurking on the internet someplace...

~Celeste

13. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    My first posted fanfic was "Surviving a Hoth Blizzard" in 2007. :p [face_blush]

I looked back at it today, and found it was bad yet it had some potential

Yeah, sometimes I look back at my silly older fics and get some ideas/inspiration for a new story from them. :)

14. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

May 20, 2008
    My first fanfic was based on an RPG that I was in, and I was working with the GM of the game. It didn't go very far before it folded. :p

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Game Host Who Loves Fanfics & RPGs star 7 VIP - Game Host

Aug 31, 2004
    My first was Two Dances Across Time--a nummy L&M viggie for Monday Mush Mania -- because I wanted mush [face_laugh] My first Trek foray :* was "A Mother's Prayer" -- :D :D Writing mush is like having your cake and eating it [face_laugh] [face_dancing]

16. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Mine was... wait for it...

A crossover! can you believe it? :p

I wrote it in 1995. It was called the 'crossover trilogy'. It was ST/SW with bits of 'Space: Above And Beyond' and 'Due South' mixed in. I wrote it out longhand on notebook paper. Still have it, sort of. When I flew out to Utah to meet DarthIshtar, I took it to show her. She's still got it, too. [face_laugh]

I was a self-insert OC who was a bit of a marty stu, yes. Very bad fic, I admit. [face_blush]

17. Corellian_Ale

Corellian_Ale Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 3, 2008
    I too started my first fanfic before I had even heard the term. I used to read/write at the video store I managed at the time, and after reading the Black Fleet Crisis, I figured: "I can write better crap than that..."

It was actually the first draft of Shades of Gray; and was nothing like what has resulted. The only thing the same was the main character Vyyk. It had Vyyk who was possessed by the spirit of the actual Vader, because on the Death Star Anakin and Vader ended up being split personalities and driven to be separated spirits the Force, and ended with a sick lightsaber battle with Luke, but Han being the one to "force" Vader from his son's body. Very Marty Stuish[face_sick]

None of the famous sidekicks ever came about until I started the re-write of chapter 1!!!

18. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I can't remember the first one I ever wrote. I think maybe it was for a class, actually - I got two pages in and it never saw the light of day, thank goodness (since I was fairly young).

19. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    The first fanfic I remember writing would be the parody script of Return of the Jedi I wrote when I was twelve, and had seen the movie exactly once. It was a project I did with my two best friends- we rewrote the entire trilogy (each of us took one film) to be about the rivalry between two local colleges, making the actual in-town college the Rebel Alliance and the college our gym teacher went to the Empire. We actually had a full cast- in fact, the names of most of the characters came from the people who were playing them. We conspired with the other gym teacher to perform them for our gym class/a handful of the teachers. They were surprisingly un-terrible, and actually pulling off the surprise show is one of my fonder memories from middle school. :p I even edited and reworked it enough that I submitted it as my writing sample to get into honours English in high school, and my teacher loved it. It began a long tradition of me finding ways to hand in fanfic as homework. :D

Believe it or not, some of the intermediary stuff is infinitely worse. But my first fanfic wasn't so bad.

20. SoA

SoA Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2008
    Ceillean, I mine was Sailor Moon too.

I think it was the first part to my Sailor Moon: Seasonal Revolutions story. That was some 8 years ago, and the funny thing is, I'm going back and overhauling it again. I just can't leave it alone.

21. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    I guess technically my first fanfic was a 'The Man from U.N.C.L.E.' story that I wrote way back in grade school or high school. So long ago I can't remember. Long before the term 'fanfic' was coined.

My first SW fic was "As Long As We're Together" -a L&M romance/Star Trek: Voyager crossover. It's still floating around on the web in a few places, but I never posted it here. It seems really corny now.

22. madman007

madman007 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    As much as I have loved Star Wars since I was 7 in '77, I've actually never attempted to write anything based on it until after I came out of seeing ROTS in 2005. It was "Palpatine's Journal". It was formed from the great scene at the opera where Palpatine is slowly seducing Anakin into the dark side. I thought "what if Palpatine kept a small journal of his manipulation of Anakin?" Previous to that point, I categorized fan-fic as outrageous slash fics with unbelievable plots. Boy, was I wrong. And, so I wrote it. There will be no better thrill than I got when I typed in for the first time: Skywalker!

23. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    First fanfic was a really badly written parody of Fellowship of the Ring. Very, very stupid.

My first SW story was a blatant Mary Sue, also really badly written. But I had no clue what a Mary Sue was, so how was I supposed to know? :oops::p[face_blush]:D

My second SW story was also a Mary Sue. Yep.

24. LittleMissNightsaber

May 2, 2009
    I think Mary Sues are very common with your first fanfic. I wrote one (that I never finished) where the person was so powerful and attractive, which was when I was ten (I was taking writing seriously then as well). I've thinking of stories since I was little. There was one about mice as well, which I read to my kindergarten class. I was always known as the 'creative one'. [face_good_luck]

25. KotORBF2Female_Revan

KotORBF2Female_Revan Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 21, 2009
    My first fanfic was a Republic Commando fic that will never see daylight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.