main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One What was your reaction the first time seeing the Vader hallway scene?

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Blue 5, May 9, 2017.

1. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    @Rodie, I can understand why they chose not to have a Vader vs Chirrut showdown, but I'd have paid good money to see it. Chirrut honestly wouldn't stand a chance, of course, but I'd love to see him take his best shot at Vader.

Kato Sai likes this.
  2. mirrorbright

mirrorbright Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 14, 2016
    I was pretty much terrified / thrilled after seeing it the first time, it looked amazing (especially on big screen). It's a phenomenal, tense scene that left me on the edge of my seat even though the outcome was known but the managed build so much intensity in those 30 something seconds. It's not my favorite scene in the movie because I personally loved many others, but it's just awesome and scary at the same time.

Bor Mullet and Sarge like this.
  3. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    Cheered, like a good number of people in the theater :vader:

4. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Yeah. Chirrut worked best as a character against less powerful but still capable foes, such as the stormtroopers. That way he strutted his stuff and looked impressive, and with a degree of credibility. He wasn’t a Jedi, but someone who could still compete and have an advantage. He wouldn’t stand a chance against Vader, and I wouldn’t have wanted to see that.

Darth__Lobot likes this.
  5. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    In shock, awe, disbelief, forgot to breathe for a handful of seconds and the hairs of my neck were standing up.

Abit like I was when looking back over the official Vader in Rogue One thread and looking at the second entry on page 25. Maybe it was just a lucky guess by the poster. Maybe they had inside spoiler information. Or maybe.....

Bor Mullet likes this.
  6. Rodney-2187

Rodney-2187 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 6, 2015
    I always go to the first showing available when a Star Wars movie is released, so it's always in a packed theater full of die hard Star Wars fans. There were loud reactions to Tarkin, Red Leader, Gold Leader, and the entire space battle, but the theater went absolutely insane during the Vader hallways scene, and I was right there with them. I instantly knew I had to see it many, many times in the theater. I also imagined how awesome the prequels could have been if Anakin wasn't a child for the first movie, he turned to the dark side sooner, and Revenge of the Sith was more of Vader hunting down Jedi in fabulous displays of power like that.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  7. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    My reaction was that this is outrageous! It's unfair! How can you storm a hallway but not be granted the rank of Master?!

8. Sarlacc of Carkoon

Sarlacc of Carkoon Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 21, 2015
    In my country, R1 was delayed for a week. Of course, I got spoiled on facebook. I learned my lesson and deleted my fb for TLJ

Bor Mullet likes this.
  9. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    No matter the reason, deleting one’s FB account is a good idea. :)

Darth__Lobot, astinus4, Avnar and 2 others like this.
  10. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Don't blame social media for spoilers. I remember that within a week of TFA's release, there was already major buzz all over the entertainment news sites about something important that happens to Han in the movie.

11. Sarlacc of Carkoon

Jan 21, 2015
    The thing is, I kinda distanced myself from news sites but still I got spoiled in two days because someone shared an artwork of the corridor scene. My conclusion was that If l wanted to stay away from spoilers, I'd have have to delete fb entirely. You might not agree with me but I do get your point

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  12. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    It's a little drastic to suggest you'd delete your FB account entirely just to stay away from spoilers for the short amount of time before you see the movie for yourself. Most of my FB friends aren't big on talking about movies in general; much less any of them having the gall to post in their news feed a major spoiler for a movie they just saw during opening weekend.

13. Sarlacc of Carkoon

Jan 21, 2015
    Nah, I said I deleted it FOR TLJ, guess I didn't specify but I deleted it ten days before the release date to stay off from the numerous star wars pages in my feed- I subscribed to a LOT of star wars pages. And there are quite a lot of spoilers there; either the post themselves are spoilers, or a salty fan posts one in the comment section. While I did delete FB to stay off from spoilers initially, I didn't really bother to restore it since I realised that was better off without FB.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  14. K-2S0

K-2S0 Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 6, 2019
    I still watch it regularly on YouTube. Randomly I will just want to watch it. I want to watch it again right now actually. It’s so perfect.

My jaw was on the floor. I wanted to run around and give my whole aisle high fives after it ended. It’s as badass as badass gets. I now want a plot like the movie the Raid where it’s Vader at the bottom of a tower climbing the stairs against enemies and just dominating everyone on the way up to face a Jedi master.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
  15. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    What?

16. Fifi Kenobi

Fifi Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2019
    Cool fanboy service scene.

17. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I wondered why we did not see Leia shouting: "Are we blind? Deploy the garrison!"

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  18. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    My reaction, “This is where the fun begins.” (Anakin, EPIII). But seriously, it showed us why in ANH the Rebel soldiers were terrified and is the first canon view of Vader in full power in the suite.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  19. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
  20. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    I was both horrified and impressed by Vader's abilities. It was like an EU scene.

Jedi Daniel, Kato Sai and Sarge like this.
  21. May The Force Be With Stu

May The Force Be With Stu Jedi Padawan star 1

May 9, 2019
    Wow... hope this isn't ruined immediately after by a shoddy CGI rendering of an existing character...

;)

Last edited: May 10, 2019
    Jesta' likes this.
  22. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Kind of what I wanted to see in the prequels to be honest.

Darth__Lobot, Sarge and Darth Smurf like this.
  23. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    ^Don't know if there'd be a right time in the PT story to show a Vader scene like this.

Fifi Kenobi and wobbits like this.
  24. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    I was like:
    [​IMG]

Darth__Lobot, Bor Mullet and Sarge like this.
  25. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    It was pure cinema.