main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion What We Do in the Dark Side: Taika Waititi to direct/co-write new Star Wars film

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by PymParticles , May 4, 2020.

1. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Don't you mean 2022?

2. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Okay, who's seen JoJo Rabbit and is it any good? I guess I'm going to have to check it out. I do like Waititi's comedic sensibilities and the whole premise of the film is outrageous, but I agreed with his sentiment that comedy can be a powerful weapon wielded against fascism and authoritarians, i.e. Chaplin's The Great Dictator and the Three Stooges' "You Natzy Spy". "Moronika Uber Alles" stills cracks me up. We are currently living in a version of Moronika.
    [​IMG]

3. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I almost did a spittake when I saw that quote lol

:p

Mostly Handless and chrcharcor2 like this.
  4. SnubJockey

SnubJockey Jedi Master star 1

Jan 23, 2009
    My dream Wars directorial team would be a Waititi/Villenuve collaboration trilogy about the Mid or Outer Rim. Could be mercenaries, could be pilots. If ANYONE was to adapt the Wraiths, I'd want it to be either Waititi or James Gunn. Although how much Gunn wants to have to do with Disney after the **** they pulled with him is uncertain these days.

InterestingLurker likes this.
  5. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    Oops, yeah I did, sorry:)

6. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    So is this the only movie we know that's coming so far?

Because that's fine by me. Best to take it one at a time. I'd prefer they focus more on TV shows and other media.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Well yess and no, we know he's working on a star wars movie and his is next, but we also Feige and RJ trilogy.

8. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    As far as what we “know” regarding new movies goes, I won’t really believe anything going forward until we have official announcements that include actual movie titles and release dates.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
  9. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    [​IMG]

10. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    To be fair, we do know Diddly. And also Squat.

11. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Those two were quietly relieved of their duties after we thought we could count on them to produce something.

Vaderize03, MrDarth0, EHT and 2 others like this.
  12. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I'll just say that I'd be very happy if he was doing Solo 2. Doing the Solo movie that the Lord and Miller wanted to make. Giving Solo the treatment Thor got in Ragnarok.

Or if he did a heartwarming story about a boy who loses his parents and is brought up in the wilderness by his grumpy uncle. That'd work too.

13. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    I don't think those two are happening anymore.

14. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  15. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
  16. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Alright, if there was any doubt that Star Wars wasn't going to hit the December 2022 release date, it should be removed, since all the Avatar films have been pushed back a year. The Star Wars movies would now need to be released in the odd-numbered years, so the earliest we'll see one is December 2023. I'm guessing that's when we'll see Taika Waititi's film.

17. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Yep the next Star Wars movie is officially moved to the 22nd of December 2023 ,

Meaning the would fit in with Taika Waititi's schedule.

18. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Sorry guys I’m excited for avatar 2. I’ve got friends that are also excited for avatar 2. Star Wars needs a lot of soul searching.

19. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Good to know! So we now have an estimated 2-5 people that are excited about Avatar 2.

20. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    I’m not excited about avatar 2 and don’t know anyone else that is, although I’m curious to see what Cameron has up his sleeve with these films. I know a lot of people excited for Mando season 2.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
    Shamear, Krueger and Bor Mullet like this.
  21. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    On these boards here unfortunately there is not a lot excitement for Avatar 2, but I know its out there. I'm one of them. I still stand on star wars needing soul searching. Rise of Skywalker got so lucky it made a billion dollars at the worldwide box office and a little over 500 million in the domestic one. Though, I can attribute that to reason that I will not discuss on these boards. Hopefully with the delay, things can get better for star wars movies.

22. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    You hideous Avatar hating heathens.
    You'll see... ah yes... you'll see.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  23. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    What reasons are you alluding to?

24. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I think by the time Avatar 3 comes out, everyone registered on this site would have died of old age. James Cameron will still be around, though, promising Avatar 4 is just around the corner.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  25. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I liked Avatar but I’ll be damned if I’m paying money for sequels.

2023 will allow more time to build up anticipation for this film though.