main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What were the surprises?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Grumpy_Jedi, May 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Nevoc

Darth_Nevoc Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 26, 2004

I may have posted this in another thread but my gf tells me that Danny Logan approached her while she was in Slave Leia garb and asked her to go to the Convo with Carrie later that night. I wonder how that crash and burn felt [face_whistling]

I also hear lots and lots of stories about how he's a little horn-dog and will hit on anyone with ovaries.

2. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    I partied with him a couple months ago. Yeah, he can get pretty wild.

Though it sounds like he has a different side to him as well. :)

3. BIEREN

BIEREN Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    What were the surprises?
    That a person would charge 8 bucks for a cheap hamburger and I would but it.

4. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    One other thing that really surprised me was the demeanor of all the actors/actresses who were signing. I heard some stories that "XYZ" was a moody actor and "XYZ" is never cool to talk to. My experiences with the actors/actresses was anything but that. Every single celeb greeted my wife and I with a big smile and were more than willing to chat for a few minutes (even the larger celebs such as Fisher and Daniels). They all willingly took photos with us and thanked us for coming. I especially enjoyed talking to Ray Park, Jeremy Bulloch, and Zach Jensen. All three guys are class-act celebs and were an absolute pleasure to talk to. They gave me the feeling that they would talk to you for hours if they weren't busy signing autographs. Even the actors that I did not get an autograph of - they were more than willing to pose for a quick pic without giving off that "You gotta buy a coupon if you want a pic" vibe.

In short, I'd have to say the collective "niceness" and easy-going nature of all of the celebs was a big surprise for me.

5. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    Justin I totally agree with you.

I thought that I was going to have issues with certain actors and they surprised me as well.

Alot of the actors I had perviously gotten their auto's at C3, but we wanted to stop by an give them the badge and they were wonderful. Tem Morrison even gave us a free auto because of the badge. We gave out a few more just because as we walked up to the actors they gave us a good comment on them. I was very sad we could not give one to Daniels, I did not have anymore on me to hand out and he seemed really excited about it. I would love to get one to him but I dont know how to go about doing that....

Does anyone have any ideas on how to do that? I also did not get Sansweet, Franklins, Lucas, and McCallum to them either. I really would love to send them out soon!!!

Thanks a million!!!

6. Doctor_Evil

Doctor_Evil Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2002
    Fanboys!!!

I had no expectations going into the preview and damn if it did not look like it will be great!

I thought we had bad seats in the preview at first. Too close to the front on the left side. But then we noticed that there were some familiar looking people 2 rows up in the front. Then I recognized Kristen Bell wearing a Star Wars T-Shirt and it hit me that nearly the whole cast was right there. Dan Fogler, Jay Baruchel and others too. They were not roped off from the fans or anything and nobody was bugging them.

Then just before they started the presentation, the cutest little blonde haired 5 or 6 year old girl walked up to Kristen and asked her to sign her badge. Kristen sat down on the floor to get on eye level with the girl and talked to her for about five minutes. I thought after that the flood gates might be open, but everyone showed restraint and no one else bugged her. That surprised me in a good way. Folks realizing that was not the time or place to decend open some mid-level stars for pics and autographs.

-Doc

7. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    I guess yet another thing I got screwed on...Was this for a certain number of shifts because I certainly didn't get one.

8. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Happy Ninja makes a great point in the "Lessons learned" thread about the con opening up at 10am and having events scheduled at that exact same time. I was surpsied to see this - you would figure the first available event time slot for each day would be no earlier than 10:30am. This would at least allow fans (especially those way back in the line outside) some time to actually get into the con and arrive at the designated room before the event started.

The 10am start time for events each day really made no sense to me.

9. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    I briefly walked past the celebs and snapped a few pics and they all seemed to be in really good spirits.

10. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Yeah, my ears are still ringing too! Although, that might be down to the fact that there was a microphone switched on that was picking up all that noise, and then amplifying it, too. Yeah, cause that helps! :p

It annoyed me, because it was really cool, and I had JUST put my video camera away! Doh! :oops:

11. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    WHAT? WHAT DID YOU SAY NINJA? AH WELL, GUESS I AM DEAF TOO!!!

12. SiaLanWezz

SiaLanWezz Jedi Knight star 2

May 8, 2004
    My surprise came when my costume won the first price in the costuming contest. Made coming to the event that much sweeter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.