main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What will be the BIG SHOCK in Episode 9

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by SKYGUY23, Jul 29, 2018.

?

What will be the Big shock or twist

Poll closed Dec 29, 2019.
  1. Rey's true identity

113 vote(s)
    36.3%
  2. Klyo's Redemption

35 vote(s)
    11.3%
  3. Snoke's rise to power

5 vote(s)
    1.6%
  4. The death of a main character

29 vote(s)
    9.3%
  5. Prophecy related

30 vote(s)
    9.6%
  6. Rey falls to the darkside

9 vote(s)
    2.9%
  7. Reylo

18 vote(s)
    5.8%
  8. Other

72 vote(s)
    23.2%
  1. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    "If you liked this film, please subscribe to my channel..."

The Deuteragonist and Lee_ like this.
  2. zackm

zackm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 2015
    Don't forget to smash that Like button!

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  3. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    A like button for all movie goers is genius.

SKYGUY23 likes this.
  4. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    It'll be a big shock if half the SW fandom doesn't immediately jump on the internet after seeing the movie to complain about it. [face_chicken]

5. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    I'm going to immediately jump on this forum to confirm that Plagueis isn't in the movie. That will literally be the first thing I do......I won't even get out of my theater seat before.

IlhamKamaruddin and Darth_Pevra like this.
  6. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Leia’s content is more numerous than expected and will appear seamless.

wobbits, Krueger and cwustudent like this.
  7. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    The shock being that the discarded Resistance super-weapon story-line from TFA shows up here.

Darth Caliban and PimpBacca like this.
  8. darth_uppza

darth_uppza Jedi Master star 1

May 20, 2003
    I agree, this desperately needed to end the trilogy in a positive way.

I’ve mentioned a Gandalf type scenario elsewhere and your suggestion would not only work but the scene could even be a little humorous to start and then majestic.

I’m not too hopeful though.

I love my XP-38.

9. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    I hope the shock is that there is no big shock. They are gimmicky. When they come out of nowhere, they can be exciting. When everyone expects one, the reveal is inevitably disappointing to some segment of the audience. Shock reveals are like really hot peppers in food. Properly applied, they can make a good dish great. Liberally sprinkled, they are just painful.

astinus4 and Demsa Aztor like this.
  10. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Yeah. We don't need a Vader/Luke twist in every trilogy.

If anything, we've probably had ours with the throne room scene this time around.

11. Roosterq

Roosterq Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 6, 2017
    As mentioned before, there isn't a NEED for a big shocking reveal, but it wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing either. I just hope they somehow end this trilogy in a way that brings all 9 movies together into one seamless story. I guess for me that would be a big shock if they can pull that off, but I remain hopeful they have a plan, and I just can't see how it's possible.

12. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I'm fine with JJ bringing all 9 movies together as long as it's in the service of telling a good story and not an excuse to march out a bunch of dumb cameos and catchphrases from all of the other movies, a la the last episode of Seinfeld. I don't need to see a prequel battle droid show up in a scene saying "roger roger", or an ewok clubbing a stormtrooper in the final battle scene of the movie, or two characters saying, "I love you" and "I know."

Roosterq and cwustudent like this.
  13. Roosterq

Feb 6, 2017
    I 100% agree with this. I want the story to be cohesive from TPM to what ever they name IX. That's my biggest complaint with TLJ, it changes course a bit much on too many elements IMHO. Hopefully they can bring this great saga to a logical and satisfying conclusion.

14. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    Nothing could top how shocked my girlfriend was when she finally figured out Palpatine was Darth Sideous in episode 3. She doesn't pay very good attention to movies smh.

3sm1r, astinus4, cwustudent and 3 others like this.
  15. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Not a shock but I’d be surprised if there was a mini time jump at very end of the movie where we see several Jedi milling around the galaxy and/or being trained.

Roosterq likes this.
  16. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Perhaps we find out that Ren refers to a Skywalker patriarch of Shmi’s Clan: Ren Skywalker and he was some person of importance in the Old Republic.

Nah, inevitably all of my hopes are crushed by these films.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    That's what fan films are for.

18. The Deuteragonist

The Deuteragonist Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    So...just for my own enjoyment, I decided to list the big twists in each Star Wars film in order to answer this question. And quite honestly, there aren't as many of them as I thought.
    ANH: Obi-Wan's death is probably the only real contender here
    ESB: I mean, come on.
    ROTJ: Luke and Leia are siblings.
    TPM: Qui-Gon dying?
    AOTC: I'm not sure. Maybe Count Dooku being...exactly who Padme said he was.
    ROTS: Is...there a big twist here? Someone who knows the Prequels better, please tell me.
    TFA: As telegraphed as it was, Han Solo's death is definitely the big twist of the film.
    TLJ: This film probably has more twists than any of the SW films: Luke is half-responsible for the creation of Kylo, Rey's parents are nobodies, Snoke is killed off, and Luke passes on.

As far as Episode IX, umm...definitely going to say that there will be both a main character death and something out of the box. This story is completely new, so it's only natural that something new shakes things up.

19. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    A big shock? A scene like this:

Rey: Kylo Ren! What’s got your undies all in a bunch?

Kylo: Wouldn’t you like to know?

Rey: I WOULD like to know that’s why I asked.

Kylo: Yes, a fair point I’ll admit. Very well if you must know what got my undies in a bunch it was the atomic wedgie that Snoke gave me lo these many years ago.

Rey: Is that what you still think after all this time? That Snoke gave you the atomic wedgie that put your undies in that bunch?

Kylo: Why yes of course! He told me himself! Many times in fact! He relished telling me more than he liked relish!

Rey: And you believed him?

Kylo: If it wasn’t Snoke then who, Rey Parker Jr. who gave me the atomic wedgie?

Rey: Kylo when we touched finger tips I saw who really gave you the atomic wedgie that has bunched up your undies lo these many years and you know it too! Say it! It was you!!! You gave yourself the atomic wedgie! You did it! You gave it to yourself! Why?

Kylo: *tears streaming down his face* Because I’m nobody!

Rey: That’s right! You’ve been telling people for years that you’re Ben Solo but your real name is Ben Hoho and you’ve been flogging yourself with atomic wedgies every single night as punishment for telling this lie your whole life!

Kylo: Somehow I’ve always known.

Rey: You’ve always known because you’re the one that’s been wedgieing yourself!

Kylo: I know that now. It was always a suspicion of mine. Now I see how obvious it should have been to me.

Mila Lazarus likes this.
  20. zackm

Dec 22, 2015
    ANH: None
    ESB: Father
    ROTJ: Sister
    TPM: None
    AOTC: None
    ROTS: None
    TFA: None
    RO: None
    TLJ: Projection
    SOLO: Maul

The Deuteragonist likes this.
  21. Mila Lazarus

Mila Lazarus Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 29, 2018
    Though I agree that Leia being Luke's sister was indeed a big twist (though it didn't surprise me at all when I learnt it), I consider Darth Vader's self sacrifice for his son as the biggest twist of ROTJ...

The Deuteragonist likes this.
  22. The Deuteragonist

The Deuteragonist Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    For the most part, I kind of agree but Han's death really doesn't count as a twist? The way the scene was shot and the moment of suspense beforehand made it seem like an "OH SNAP" moment.

I just thought it seemed like the logical step for his character. I mean, the entire film was building towards it and that was Luke's goal in the end. I saw it coming, but it is definitely still one of my favorite moments in Star Wars.

23. zackm

Dec 22, 2015
    I can't think of many deaths that I would consider twists. They may be surprising or unexpected, but a twist implies something else to me.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  24. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    Palpatine being revealed as the bad guy and Darth Sidious was a twist to Episode III for new naive audiences anyway.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  25. Roosterq

Feb 6, 2017
    I didn't consider that as so much of a twist as it was a checkmate moment for Luke. Luke seemed to know Vader would come to his aid if the family dynamic card was played. Luke tosses his lightsaber aside, and calls for his father while being lighting tortured were clear signs he did it what he did purposefully, gambling on Vader coming to his aid..