main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What will be the BIG SHOCK in Episode 9

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by SKYGUY23, Jul 29, 2018.

?

What will be the Big shock or twist

Poll closed Dec 29, 2019.
  1. Rey's true identity

113 vote(s)
    36.3%
  2. Klyo's Redemption

35 vote(s)
    11.3%
  3. Snoke's rise to power

5 vote(s)
    1.6%
  4. The death of a main character

29 vote(s)
    9.3%
  5. Prophecy related

30 vote(s)
    9.6%
  6. Rey falls to the darkside

9 vote(s)
    2.9%
  7. Reylo

18 vote(s)
    5.8%
  8. Other

72 vote(s)
    23.2%
  1. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Someone's pregnant.

The way how Rey's family died

2. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I haven't really re-visited this one in a while. I still think the biggest shock will be that Rey finds out that her parents were not dead beats and that she still has living family members to connect with. Sappy yes, but I like sappy sometimes :)

3. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    "Rey, I am your father’s brother’s nephew’s cousin’s former roommate"

[​IMG]

4. Eternity85

Eternity85 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    The big shock would be if the movie is actually able to represent a coherent story narrative that is also consistent with established Star Wars legacy lore.

5. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Ben Solo won’t be redeemed.

Rey will save Kylo in the much same way that Palpatine ‘saved’ Anakin. Kylo will be reborn as Ben Solo, just like Anakin was reborn as Vader.

Ben will pledge himself to her teachings and will spend his life atoning for his sins. (A reverse of when he told her he could teach her in TFA)

Anakin was a good person who fell.
    Ben was a bad person who rose up.

6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    It ends with Kylo goes back to Ben and names himself the heir of the chosen one, he's dropped on a remote planet far from the known galaxy. He'll be loose on the galaxy far from the core with no help in sight, he'll be loose end. Palpatine the greatest evil the galaxy has ever known is finally off the boards and both the jedi and the galaxy can breath easy knowing no more sith and powerfull dark siders for a good while, i hear a 1000 years is good revenge plan. Rey start and trais new jedi with oversights from the 5 force ghosts afar watching and judging her. Broom boy gets a 5 seconds cameo as a jedi youngling. Anakin does something other then being a glorified cameo.;)

7. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Natalie Portman will appear in a flashback . Not huge shocker but bold prediction.

8. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    There will be no big shock. That will be the big shock. It will play out pretty straight forward particularly in the second half of the film.

9. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    In a way I think that would be more of a surprise than if Hayden appeared in it.

dogprivilege, Darth Buzz and Krueger like this.
  10. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    that would probably get a pop from everyone if that happened

Darth Buzz likes this.
  11. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    This is a scene I predicted back in 2016 that would happen via flashback that I posted in another thread but can't find, so here I go by memory:

[​IMG]
    "This is a computer. I am using it to communicate with my friends and loved ones. I am typing on the keyboard with my fingers."

[​IMG]
    "Lol, **** you Ric Olie. You have no friends or loved ones. You are alone in the universe."

[​IMG]
    "I must sadness nap now."

MANY YEARS LATER

[​IMG]
    "I have been asleep for how long? I am very old and very crabby. All of life is one big joke. And look over there, I am killing someone with my fingers that are emitting static electricity that will cause the individual to expire."

12. ObidioJuan

ObidioJuan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2002
    One option which I think could work based on what we saw while at the same time having zero chance of coming true is that Rey turns to the dark side, kills Kylo and Chewie and joins with a Force Ghost Palpatine in becoming the new Queen of the Universe.

Think Galandriel's speech in FOTR. "instead of a dark lord you shall have a queen, terrible and ...."

I just know that Disney and LFL will NEVER make Rey be the bad guy, erm person

13. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    The big shock is we'll hear a reference to a specific calendar date and year. That's something that hasn't happened in a Star Wars movie right?

14. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Turns out Darth Vader is NOT Luke's father. He accidentally took him for the Luke Skywalker who lives five moisture farms away from the Larses. Oops.

15. Darth Geezy

Darth Geezy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 29, 2016
    I like where you're going with this.

What if, Luke and Leia AREN'T Anakin's but rather were created by Palpatine, and THAT's why he gave Anakin the slow-head turn in ROTS?!

16. Bob Effette

Dec 20, 2015
    I would love that. A defeated, exiled Ben Solo who returns to the light, and Rey, dressed all in black surveying her new Galactic Empire, having embraced the Dark Side.

That would work for me.

17. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    It will become the concensus favorite Star Wars film of many.

fuhry likes this.
  18. ObidioJuan

ObidioJuan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2002
    Unfortunately I think this has less than ZERO chance of coming true. Disney will never allow this.

But that will definitely redeem the ST for me. Rey basically destroys everything. And we're back to pre-OT situation. All we need is Rey recruiting Broom boy as her new apprentice and Rey becoming all scarred like Sids.

19. Bob Effette

Dec 20, 2015
    I don’t think that we will see this happen either, but I like the idea of it certainly. It has a nice twist and is one subversion that I could enjoy. On the back of Game of Thrones’ penultimate episode, it might prove to be a popular concept, but as you say, Disney aren’t likely to go for it, which is a shame.

20. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    The big shock won’t be when we learn that Rey is Luke’s daughter. The big shock will be when she mentions her...sister. She has a sister muwahahahaha!!!!

21. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    The big shock has already been revealed. Darth Sidious is involved.

22. WayoftheJedi

WayoftheJedi Jedi Padawan star 2

Apr 12, 2019
    The audience will be left in shock and despair a few seconds into the movie as the opening crawl mentions Jar Jar Binks as part of the resistance. Can’t imagine something more shocking than this.

23. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I can, the return of kister as an old sad man thinking og his friend who became a jedi, a sith and died. Det visits him.:)

24. fuhry

fuhry Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 20, 2015
    Zorii is Kylo Ren's sister!

25. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Finn kills Rey and Rey's dragon burns down the One Ring.

ColdLazarou likes this.