main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What will be the BIG SHOCK in Episode 9

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by SKYGUY23, Jul 29, 2018.

?

What will be the Big shock or twist

Poll closed Dec 29, 2019.
  1. Rey's true identity

113 vote(s)
    36.3%
  2. Klyo's Redemption

35 vote(s)
    11.3%
  3. Snoke's rise to power

5 vote(s)
    1.6%
  4. The death of a main character

29 vote(s)
    9.3%
  5. Prophecy related

30 vote(s)
    9.6%
  6. Rey falls to the darkside

9 vote(s)
    2.9%
  7. Reylo

18 vote(s)
    5.8%
  8. Other

72 vote(s)
    23.2%
  1. ComfortablyNunb

ComfortablyNunb Jedi Master star 3

Nov 21, 2015
    I think there will be more than one "shock." The most likely possibilities to me:

1) Rey Kenobi. Her parents were no one...but her grandfather was Obi-Wan. Which is why we heard Ewan's voice at the end of her Force vision in TFA.

2) Snoke "comes back" in some form. Maybe his spirit inhabits another body. Or his other apprentice appears to exact revenge (Keri Russell?).

3) Kylo is redeemed and survives, helping Rey start the new Jedi order.

4) The Millennium Falcon is destroyed.

5) [Not sure if this counts as a shock but...] Finn gets out of the friend zone with Rey!

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
  2. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Mumm-Ra was Snoke the whole time.

[​IMG]

3. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Not sure how serious you are about this but I have to admit I would be shocked if they do that. Ha! I hope they do. By and large I'm not interested in shipping but Rey and Finn hooking up would be great. In a trilogy filled with so much death and doom and gloom it would great to see two characters fall in love.

EECHUUTA and SKYGUY23 like this.
  4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I don't know if it's much of a twist because I think it's been eluded to but never stated outright. I think Rey will uncover a complicated history in those Jedi text. One that Luke himself discovered when he went to Ahch-To. I think it's why he's so disillusioned with them. The Jedi corrupted the original philosophy of the order just as much as the Sith did and wiped out anyone who didn't adhere to their strict beliefs. This included the Sith and maybe the Whills and other religions. I think it's why sites like Malachor were off limits to Jedi. The modern order wasn't very comfortable with their blood soaked past.

5. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Rey's true identity is probably the big one .....Kenobi or Han Solo's granddaughter ...I say Han Solo's GD because after seeing Solo you could see he was a young man with a girl friend & with further adventure's to be had before the Solo box office bomb there was plenty of time for Solo to get a girl pregnant & he didn't know about it....also the fact Rey & Han got on so well in TFA & they were so in-sink regarding the falcon make me think [face_thinking] it could be true .....

EECHUUTA likes this.
  6. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    With JJ at the helm, that is more likely. I feel like the ‘they were nobodies’ is a RJ inclusion.

Jedi Knight Fett and teamhansolo like this.
  7. SKYGUY23

SKYGUY23 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 17, 2014

Well the Force powers didn't come from Han or his GF. They came from Luke (Dad) or Leia&Han(MOM)

teamhansolo likes this.
  8. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Appearing as force ghosts together....
    [​IMG]
    "No Kylo, I am your grandfather..."

[​IMG]
    "You will pay attention to my lead Anakin..."

9. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    The big shock? A SMALLER Death Star! Nobody will see it coming! Literally!

10. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    The Desk Star

11. Plan741

Plan741 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 22, 2015
    That all the events from ESB to 9 are Han Solos dreams while frozen in carbonite

12. Roosterq

Roosterq Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 6, 2017
    If that were the case, then there would never be anyone force sensitive. It does not require force using parents to have force sensitive children. The fact is, as has been shown repeatedly throughout the movies, and all the other SW mediums, the Force is in all living things, so therefore is there for all to use. Some have a better connection to it, but all can connect to it. Watch season 1 episode 1 of TCW and Yoda clearly tells the clones with him to wait and know when the time to strike is right. It's like in sports, some people have physical characteristics that make them able to more easily compete in a specific sport. Someone 7' tall will have an easier time competing in basket ball, but someone 5' tall can play as well, it just requires more for them to be as competitive.

chris hayes and Bor Mullet like this.
  13. AveKender

AveKender Jedi Padawan

Mar 27, 2017
    Before the rise of the Old Republic, the galaxy was ruled by the Sith. The Jedi are an offshoot of them and not the other way around. The Jedi rogues overthrew the Sith and founded the Republic. Snoke's goal was to restore this "state of nature" of rule by darkness.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
    Revanfan1 likes this.
  14. SKYGUY23

Jan 17, 2014
    I understand ALL that. Im simply saying NO WAY Is Han the Father without Leia being the mother. To have Reys Dad be Han but her Mom someone we never knew and not Leia is beyond ludicrous.

15. SKYGUY23

Jan 17, 2014
    I think JJ's plan was to confuse the fans and cause speculation in TFA with the whole Han & Rey "bonding" moments. I believe he had EVERY intention to make Rey RELATED to a legacy character. With the reveal in the final act of E9. He set it up so it could go either way imop.

Brother vs Sister
    Or
    Cousin vs Cousin.

When Maz ask Han "who's the girl?"...JJ cuts away all too sly. Rey Solo is the least likely to me. Two full movies and Leia hasn't felt that connection in the force?

16. SKYGUY23

Jan 17, 2014
    The answer could be in our faces the entire time. Maybe her parents knew the FIRST ORDER would snatch her up. Just like Finn. So they ran. Being chased relentlessly, they had to find a spot to drop her off to protect her. Only to be killed moments after they left Jakku.
    Why would Unkarr Plut buy a small child? What indication do we have he bought slaves? Why would he need slaves? Slave is never a word used in TFA. She isn't a slave to me in the entire movie. So what he took babysitting money then realised they weren't coming back so left her to fend for heitself. I don't see Unkarr as the nanny type. JJ was smart to not have him speak her name and just say "Quite Girl" it implies he doesn't know her. Surely her parents spoke her name b4 leaving. They would of probably told him her name, right?Maybe Rey isn't her true name after all. So Kylo says her parents traded her for drinking money. Why does UP need a child to begin with? It makes more sense that HE WAS PAID to take her. Paid or MIND TRICKED

17. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    LOL the FO is going MICRO!!

Anywhoo-I actually voted "Other." I do believe that many of those things listed in the poll will happen, like learning the truth about Rey's history, learning more about Snoke, Kylo Ren turning good (and I think he's going to ultimately sacrifice himself to save Rey or the Resistance). Although those are all not necessarily "shocking" to me. I think many fans are predicting at least one of those things happening-and wouldn't be that surprised to see them.

I do however feel that there are other things that will shock us, which fans in general may not be expecting. Some of those ideas are that we see the destruction of the Falcon, or perhaps even one of the main droids? I do predict there will be SOME notable death. IMO shocking ones that would also not be all that farfetched would be characters like Chewie, Poe, Rose or maybe even Finn. Who knows? Maybe the most shocking things that will happen is right in our faces, as mentioned before? Sometimes the most shocking reveal is the simplest or most obvious one-cos usually people assume it couldn't be something that easy to figure out so they convince themselves it would never happen; things like Snoke being Plagueis, or Rey being a Solo...

I guess the one on the poll that would be the biggest shock for me if it happened is Rey turning to the Darkside. But I didn't vote for it, cos it's pretty clear now (after the casting announcement) that Episode IX is meant to end the Skywalker story-so having her turn evil in the 3rd installment doesn't seem like it would work for that, unless it's proven onscreen that she is NOT a Skywalker, AND she kills Kylo Ren-cos then if there would be a new trilogy featuring an evil Rey (which I suppose I wouldn't mind), the characters of the Skywalker/Solo line would have to be absent-since IX was meant to be the end of THEIR story. But all that seems a bit farfetched to me anyway, as IMO Darkside Rey is the most unlikely idea. I even feel Snoke coming back, or ghost Anakin (which I would love) would be much more likely surprises than that.

Who knows? Maybe in 17 months from now, I will be looking back at this post and laughing at my ignorance??!? It has happened before...

SKYGUY23 likes this.
  18. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Bold Prediction! In the climax of the movie, Kylo has returned to the light side. He's right about to sacrifice himself to help Rey and the Resistance. He closes his eyes as he's about to meet his impending doom. THEN! He feels something. Somebody is holding his hand. He opens his eyes and it's Luke! Tapping into some heretofore unknown Force power, Luke whisks Kylo away right before this ship/building/whatever Kylo is in blows up. To Rey and Resistance they think Kylo is dead. To the audience...we're not exactly sure what happened to him. Did Kylo die and Luke took him to the other side? Was Kylo alive and Luke really did physically move Kylo somehow? We don't know...yet.

Wildcatbarry, Revanfan1 and SKYGUY23 like this.
  19. Chewie's flea powder

Chewie's flea powder Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 19, 2015
    Kylo was never a Jedi so I'm not sure he has any light side to go back to. Unlike Anakin.

wobbits likes this.
  20. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
  21. TheGhostOfZero

TheGhostOfZero Jedi Master star 2

Sep 5, 2016
    Considering it's not up there in the poll, I'm going to go with 'Force Sensitive Finn'.

No one has confidence in that theory anymore (not even me), so if it happened, that would be quite the shock.

harlequinn823, Revanfan1 and jaqen like this.
  22. Graphic

Graphic Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2012
    The big shock will be: after the ending of EP IX and a decade of other media to flesh out the era of the ST, the Fans will finally realize that not everything about the so much hated "new Trilogy" is that bad and they start to feel nostalgic about it.

PimpBacca, Darth Nave and jaqen like this.
  23. CaptainCrunch2007

CaptainCrunch2007 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 10, 2007
    Maz "I know those eyes Rey . . . they are the eyes of my daughter"

Chewie - "Mwaaarrrr"

Maz - "Meet your deadbeat father"

24. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Miniature Death Star tech! Really miniature!

25. Dagobah_Dude

Dagobah_Dude Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 9, 2001
    Rey is the granddaughter of Palpatine.