main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What will be the BIG SHOCK in Episode 9

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by SKYGUY23, Jul 29, 2018.

?

What will be the Big shock or twist

Poll closed Dec 29, 2019.
  1. Rey's true identity

113 vote(s)
    36.3%
  2. Klyo's Redemption

35 vote(s)
    11.3%
  3. Snoke's rise to power

5 vote(s)
    1.6%
  4. The death of a main character

29 vote(s)
    9.3%
  5. Prophecy related

30 vote(s)
    9.6%
  6. Rey falls to the darkside

9 vote(s)
    2.9%
  7. Reylo

18 vote(s)
    5.8%
  8. Other

72 vote(s)
    23.2%
  1. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    Rey fails at something and then actually comes out with consequences.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
    KSennia, SithCollections and 11-4D like this.
  2. Roosterq

Roosterq Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 6, 2017
    I agree with you that Han isn't her father, but the original post suggested he could have been her grand father. Han could have easily fathered a child in his younger days, and not really known about it, BUT I don't necessarily buy into that theory, because it would require too much story time to work out. Also, like you said, it adds another character or 2 to bring into the already muddled story.

teamhansolo and SKYGUY23 like this.
  3. Darth Dookacas

Darth Dookacas Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2014
    Kylo will either have a son or daughter with Rey or one of the knights of Ren. Kylo will die protecting Rey or whoever is carrying his child. then Luke show up to save Rey in a heart touching manner either from Snoke, Snokes unknown apprentice, or knights of Ren. There is no way that they don’t continue the Skywalker bloodline. So much focus has been on Rey and Kylo growing stronger equally together with the force. It seems like them coming together is inevitable and that will be a shock if they handle it properly.

SKYGUY23 likes this.
  4. Mr. Crumb

Mr. Crumb Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 31, 2013
    1. Rey's parents being "nobodies" was what she needed to hear at the time to move forward, but she WILL find out her true identity in episode 9.

2. Snoke will come back in some form, revealing himself as Plagueis (which explains his ability to come back).

3. Phasma will return to mess with Finn one more time. She will reveal her face, which will include scarring around her eye, since that was the only part of her body exposed to the explosions she fell into.

4. Anakin force ghost for real this time. Possibly Obi-Wan as well. Yoda and Luke were pretty much definites all along.

5. teamhansolo

teamhansolo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    I totally agree except for the fact that I think Rey is Leia and Han's daughter. Leia knows, she just hasn't said anything about it because she didn't want to distract Rey from her Jedi training. I know this doesn'the outdoor very convincing, but I literally have 50 or more reasons why Rey is Han and Leia's daughter. : )

6. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Care to share those reasons?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  7. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    At this point i think they may have gone abit far with Kylo and Rey to call them Brother and Sister.

I mean i know there little bits in the OT with Luke and Leia that seem abit odd for brother and Sister but with Kylo and Rey i feel it could be slightly worse.

I am still expecting to be a Kenobi. i don't think she will be a Skywalker and i don't think Han will be her Father. and if she is a Kenobi it gives her a connection to the last 6 films and even the animated shows. but if she is a nobody then it disconnects her from all the other films and stuff.

I feel people have taken the whole end of the skywalker saga literally and think its gonna be skywalker heavy because of that, but i don't think it will. but most won't be able to see past the fact that she would be a nobody and also the hero of this trilogy.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
    Wildcatbarry likes this.
  8. Bunai

Bunai Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 17, 2017
    Han learned how to force ghost.

Dagobah_Dude and Wildcatbarry like this.
  9. teamhansolo

Jun 25, 2018
    Sure, do you want me to post them here, or pm you? (Some of the reasons are just speculation. Well, most of them actually.)

10. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Go ahead and post them here.

Jedi Knight Fett and SKYGUY23 like this.
  11. teamhansolo

Jun 25, 2018
    1. Rey is somehow related to the skywalkers. Episodes are movies that focus on the skywalker family and they wouldn't just drag in a random person as the main character who just happens to be force sensitive.
    2. Anakin’s lightsaber connects to luke because he is in the same family. Usually your lightsaber only connects to you because you have no children and don't know your family, but since luke was anakin's son he had the same type of midichlorians and the lightsaber connected to him also Leia was his twin, so they had the same type, and the lightsaber connects to Rey also so they are in some way related.
    3. Leia says in the movie that it was Snoke that was turning her son to the dark side. Maybe she hid rey on Jakku so that he couldn’t turn her to the dark side. Han doesn’t know about it because Leia didn’t tell him because Han went away when Ben had turned to the dark side and after he left Rey was born. (Han is still her father tho)
    4. Lor San Tekka lived on Jakku nearish where rey lived. It could be that Leia left her with Lor San tekka and Lor San tekka took care of her but then it got too dangerous. Because people knew that Lor San Tekka was friends with Leia so they might possibly a associate them. and he brought her to unkar plutt and flew his ship away which is in her vision that she sees on Takodana when she touches luke’s lightsaber. Then unkar plutt gave her food to eat and shelter until she was probably about 7 or 8 years old, when he abandoned her and she would have to look after herself.
    5. Also since they are totally copying four in the force awakens, Lor San tekka is Obi wan kenobi and rey is luke, and Lor San tekka is watching over her secretly.
    6. Rey cannot be completely conceived by the force as in the force is both of her parents because one it's weird and they wouldn't do that and also there would have been nobody to take care of her
    7. When rey was about four she was with unkar plutt and a ship is flying away she wants the ship to come back but unkar doesn't her family is on the ship. They didn't leave her behind by accident because rey remembers them promising to come back for her.
    8. If rey is Leia’s daughter she would have to have been conceived by the force like anakin because J.J. Abrams said that Rey’s parenTS were not in the force awakens
    9. Unless JJ was lying. I guees that's sometimes necessary for a director.
    10. Han and Rey always finish each other's sentences
    11. Han actually offers a job to Rey on the falcon and let's her fly it and fix it and stuff. Maybe they are just friends but you can tell there is a weird connection between them that Han doesn’t understand.
    12. Rey felt like Han was her father she also has a similar feeling about Luke
    13. There is obviously a strong connection between Rey Han Luke and Leia and Kylo it could just be that three of them are Force sensitive but I don't think so.
    14. Luke keeps comparing Rey to Ben like when he says you went straight to the dark he is obviously comparing her to him. There are other times but I don't remember specifically
    15. The first time Leia sees Rey she hugs her for a long time and Leia doesn’t normally do that. To randomish people. That she's never seen before. Though she was in need of a hug just as much as rey was. But it looks like it was almost instinct, how she just walks up to her and hugs her.
    16. Leia makes sure Rey is safe and she gave Rey the tracker thing. She would have given any resistance worker a tracker thing if they were going but she probably wouldn’t have worn the matching one on her wrist the whole time.
    17. What Kylo Ren tells Rey about her parents being nobody, just random people who sold her for drinking money is not true because when Rey and Ben are in the turbolift going up to Snoke’s throne room and they are talking he says to her in a kind of awed, intrigued voice, when we touched Hands I, I saw who your parents were. That was a couple days before, and if he still wants to tell her it has to be important. Then they reach the top and you see it on his face how he kind of closes up again and makes an angry face because he doesn't want Snoke to see him like that then later he turns back against her because Snoke reminded him of why he turned to the dark side, of his goal and when he kills Snoke he does not necessarily that he hate Snoke he just wants to save Rey and he was terrified of what Han had told him about Snoke using him for his powers. Then when Rey says there is still time to save the fleet and he is standing in front of Snoke staring at his body and he says let the past die he is obviously tempted by Rey and himself and is remembering what Snoke taught him, let the past die. Kylo’s past is the Jedi and his family. Rey is hardly a Jedi but she is probably his family (or he could be in love with her) (but that would be terrible) (I'd hate that)
    18. When Rey and Kylo Ren are both trying to grab the lightsaber with the force and neither of them can do it because they both have the same amount of power is another hint
    19. In ROTJ when Luke and Vader are in the turbolift going to “the bad guy’s leader” they are family and Ben and Rey go up a turbolift together and they are going to the “super villain”/bad guy leader .
    20. When Rey turns around Kylo’s Force mind probe in The Force Awakens and says “You, you're afraid, that you'll never be as strong as Darth Vader!” untrained jedi can't do that unless they are super strong with the force and the Skywalkers are the strongest in the force (known)
    21. In Rey’s vision on Takodana when she touches the lightsaber someone is about to kill her and Kylo Ren kills the person trying to kill her and saves her..
    22. In the Last Jedi novel expanded edition written by Jason Fry it says this in the front: “Written with input from director Rian Johnson…” and in it Luke tells the caretakers that Rey is his niece when they ask who she is, and Rey laughs and says I still don't think they like me. ANOTHER HINT!
    23. When Rey and Kylo are fighting the Praetorian guards they ACT like siblings. The choreography doesn't make it look like they're in love. At all. And it looks like they're teaming up like siblings. You can see the connection between them.
    24. Rey has more of a connection to Han Leia and Ben tHan she does to Luke
    25. Snoke says he is bridging their minds, but Ben and Rey have a force connection after Snoke is dead.
    26. Rey LOOKS like Leia.
    27. The Kyber crystals in luke/anakin's lightsaber calls to Rey. Why would a crystal that had already called to Anakin call to her? They must have a connection.
    28. If Rey's parents are not Han and Leia and she is REALLY a random person that the force just chose to save the Galaxy, the Anakin must have called her from the force and made his own crystal call to him.
    29. Rey does not seem to be in love with Kylo unless she is like Leia and pretends to hate the man she really loves
    30. Snoke says he made their mind connection but even if he did would that include the connection when Rey and Kylo touch Hands? It is playing the force theme which is only used for good things in the movies and originally was Luke Skywalker’s theme.
    31. George Lucas always said if he made another trilogy that it would be about Darth Vader’s grandchildREN (EXCUSE THE PUN THAT WAS TOTALLY ACCIDENTAL) (hey who says it isn't a hint though?)
    32. Face it. Kylo lies. A lot.
    33. Kylo says that her parents were “filthy junk traders that sold her off for drinking money” there are more than several reasons to argue with this
    34. One: in her vision the ship flying away was sleek and shiny (and also by the way looked sorta like a resistance craft) sleek and shiny filthy junk? No it doesn't make sense.
    35. Two: Kylo said her parents sold her for drinking money but Rey is not a slave, soooooo…. and I feel like if Unkar had a slave, he wouldn't set her free and by the way what in the world did Unkar Plutt want with a four year old girl in the first place ?!
    36. Three: If Rey’s Parents really were nobody who didn't love her sold her for drinking money then why does she remember that they loved her, and why does she trust that they will come back?
    37. When Kylo does the mind probe on Rey in TFA and he says “at night desperate to sleep, you imagine an Island…” Blah, blah, blah, then he goes on to say, “And Han Solo, you feel like he’s the father you've never had...” if the island part was the force showing her something important why would the Han thing be different.
    38. When Kylo is informed that “the droid stole a freighter?!” he gets really angry when the officer mentions Finn because Kylo absolutely hates traitors because he feels like Luke betrayed him, but when the dude mentions a girl it is deep anger and fear. The look on his face- he knows her. And he knows “WHAT GIRL?” you can tell that he knows something about her that he isn't ready to accept not even to himself. He doesn't ask who the girl is. Kylo knows that, he asks what the girl is. The real question behind it is revealed, Kylo’s struggle to accept what she is. His sister.
    39. Also when Kylo finally meets Rey he says “the girl I've heard so much about” the clue words there are heard so much about. Kylo knows Rey.
    40. Maybe RJ wanted Rey’s parents to be nobodies but JJ DEFINITELY did not. And considering that JJ is directing the next movie, things might just cHange a little.
    41. In TLJ, Yoda appears to Luke and says something along the lines of “Did you NOT hear what i said? PASS ON WHAT YOU HAVE LEARNED!”, which is what he tells Luke as he's dying, right up there with “There is another Skywalker,” implying that he should teach the ways of the Force to Leia and whatever Force-sensitive children she would have.
    42. If Rey really was no one then why did the cave show her Vader/Anakin, and Luke when she asked for her parents? She IS of Skywalker blood!
    43. It makes sense that if Rey is actually Leia and Han’s daughter and Kylo found out that he would tell her that her parents were terrible and they sold her/ didn't want her. because that's how he feels.
    44. Why would her parents sell her to Unkar for drinking money. He would just give them water, (I'm assuming it is like water money, and not drinking as in alcohol, because it is on Jakku, and water is like super valuable.
    45. Why would Rey’s parents be dead? She is force-sensitive, so if she believes something her whole life, it would probably not be false.
    46. The reason why Leia wouldn’t tell Rey in TFA, is because she knows Rey is meant to become a jedi, and she also needs her to go find Luke. If she told Rey, then Rey would be way more sad about Han's death, and she wouldn't want to go train with luke, she would want to stay with Leia. So Leia didn't tell her because she didn't want to cloud Rey’s judgement of her Jedi training.
    47. Rey totally “clicks” with the Falcon.
    48. Rey is totally a skywalker in the sense that she and BB-8 have part of that “skywalker droid relationship”.
    49. Rey is fluent in shryiwook (i don't knowhow to spell it)
    50. She could easily have been named Breha by Leia, and be called Rey for short.
    51. Kylo tells rey that her parents threw her away like garbage, before they even touch hands.

There are a TON of typos. I know that, but whatevs.

vini likes this.
  12. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    @teamhansolo

In regards to #28, the comic adaptation of TFA shows it was Force ghost Yoda and Force ghost Obi Wan, who called to Rey through the lightsaber.

teamhansolo likes this.
  13. teamhansolo

Jun 25, 2018
    OK, I didn't know that. As I said, they're not entirely accurate. :)

14. BalanceOfTheForce

Dec 18, 2016
    There's no point at all in making her a Kenobi. Obi-Wan never had kids and never will.

15. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    If they decided to make Snoke Plagueis I don't think they can possibly come up with a story that will make it believable to me at this point so that's out. I like the idea of Rey not being related to anyone but if they change it i wouldn't be surprised. I'm thinking it will be some action that will be surprising not a reveal. Ren jumping into the falcon to stop the first order or use the force to take down a star destroyer like Starkiller. Maybe Rey decapitating Ren.

SKYGUY23 likes this.
  16. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    That we know of.

Personally i think it makes more sense to make her a Kenobi then a nobody whose the hero of this trilogy.

I mean there is nothing wrong with making her a nobody but if you are gonna tie everything together then giving Rey some connection to the past probably would be a nice way to go.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
  17. BalanceOfTheForce

Dec 18, 2016
    It's on purpose. The nobodies are going to be the heroes of the galaxy when the Skywalkers are gone and the torch has been handed to them.

hermiona52 and jaqen like this.
  18. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Ironically in a trilogy where people have complained about characters getting killed off in every film some will be shocked and annoyed when Kylo lives and/or Rey is revealed to be a Skywalker and also lives. People will say they were tricked into thinking Ep. IX was the end of the Skywalker Saga and will insist that it can't be the end if the Skywalker's are still alive even though "the end" shouldn't mean that the Skywalkers all have to be killed off.

ETA: Or...they'll kill off the Skywalkers and people will be all, "whoa! I knew it was the end of the Skywalker Saga but I didn't really think they'd kill off all the Skywalkers!"

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
    Ricardo Funes and teamhansolo like this.
  19. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    The biggest shock would be if the fandom at large stops beating the dead, maggot filled corpse of Rey's identity.

hermiona52 and Darth Nave like this.
  20. BalanceOfTheForce

Dec 18, 2016
    But she's a white brunette, she's got to be Rey's mother!

jaqen likes this.
  21. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    The biggest shock I would get from EPIX is if it actually does tie the ST together and have it make sense, but also brings the ST in line with the rest of the saga to make one epic tale. Almost as if they really did have a plan for the ST - that would be a major shocker!! ;)

cwustudent, Wildcatbarry and SKYGUY23 like this.
  22. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    Rey's mother:

[​IMG]

23. SithCollections

SithCollections Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 5, 2015
    Didn't Obi Wan have a brother? She could still be a Kenobi even if not directly from Obi Wan.

24. KamNale

KamNale Jedi Master star 2

Feb 11, 2012
    I think a possible big shock would be Kylo understanding the crimes he's committed and instead turning good or turning himself in, he commits seppuku. Also we need a shocking death that we won't expect. Not Poe, Finn, Rose, or Rey, and not something a bit more obvious like Leia and Lando, but either Chewie, R2, or 3PO need to bite the dust along with the destruction of the Falcon. I want this film to show that JJ means business.

Darkspellmaster likes this.
  25. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    Ghost Anakin comes to talk to Kylo.