main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What will happen to Saberfight films and other fanfilms now?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Kev Snowmane, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Kev Snowmane

Kev Snowmane Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2013
    Lucasfilm has always been willing to work with the fanfilm community as long as the rules they laid down were respected.

Disney is notorious for C&D-ing at the drop of a hat (any hat) and coming down like a ton of bricks on use of their IP.

Now that SW is becoming a "hot" property again, will we see Disney move to shut down all the fan projects?

2. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I'm going to be honest here: while I sympathize in theory, I won't particularly miss most fanfilms in practice. There's only so many lightsaber fights a guy can take.

3. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Doubt it. Disney doesn't get neck-deep in subsidiaries, and given how obviously fan-focused the sequels are shaping to be (Big Three probably all coming back, the current God of The Nerds directing, the writer of TESB helping the story for 8 and 9, to name a few things) I don't see that cart getting disrupted much.

4. P.Sam

P.Sam Jedi Padawan star 1

May 31, 2011
    Disney will keep Lucasfilm as it is and as it always been. They've nothing to win in changing the formula of a successful franchise whose fans are the reason why it's still flourish today.