main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What will I do at C3?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Darth_Shaun, Mar 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Shaun

Darth_Shaun Jedi Youngling star 2

May 24, 2002
    So I have my trip to C3 planned. Things are booked and bought and money is stowed away. My trip is going to happen and I am excited.

Then my freind asks me, "so what will you be doing down in Indy for this Star Wars con?"

It all hits me. The guy I am going with will be doing work and seminars with the builders group most of the time.

That leaves me solo at C3. I did not attend C1 or C2 so I have no idea what there will be to do there? Other than the obvious stuff, wait in line, buy figures, get autographs and eat. But I am there for 4 days! Thats a whole lotta time to fill. Thats a whole lotta .. what to do now? I have been to comic cons before and get bored after a few hours. I hope this isn't going to be the case with C3.

Now my worry is, what will I do at C3?

2. movieboy

movieboy Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 2005
    Well if C3 is anything like C2 then trust me the 4 days will go by VERY quickly. I can remember at C2 eating up the whole day by just waiting to get my figures, waiting to get the concert tickets, and waiting to get into the McCullum show. So trust me you might actually run out of time.

3. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    Now my worry is, what will I do at C3?

Since they're just starting to announce what will be offered at C3 it's hard to plan right now but I can mention some of the things I did at C2.

Archive exhibit - one of my favorite places. I went here multiple times.

StarWars in 30 minutes - very nice show. I'm planning on seeing One Man Trilogy & StarWars musical Edition.

Fan films - nice place to take a break as was...

Pop Culture film loop

exhibit hall & toy museum, concert, diorama building, R2D2 display, visited fan tables, attended fanforce party, went to a few panels, checked out the games, spent lots of time watching the fans posing in the action figure bubble

That was only some of the stuff I did. I'm sure there was more.

If you try I'm sure you'll be able to come up with something. If not, you could always catch up on your sleep [face_laugh]

4. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Don't miss the R2 builders droid parade...LOL. That was one of my favorite highlights!

5. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    The prop archive was great. I wish it could've been bigger, but that's just me being greedy. I can't wait to see the new one.

6. Darth_Shaun

May 24, 2002
    You guys find the people to be freindly for the most part? Would be nice to meet some new people while I am there.

Since I am Canadian, I might be at a disadvantage!

7. movieboy

movieboy Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 2005
    For the most part yes; mainly because everyone is in the same situation. When you are in line for a long time you have to be able to laugh about it.

8. craigrr

Jun 8, 1999
    The people were great. Why would you be at a disadvantage because you're Canadian? You guys gave the world hockey! What's not to like?

9. Darth_Shaun

May 24, 2002
    Good piont!

Plus we have better beer!

10. craigrr

Jun 8, 1999
    Plus, you guys gave us Kids in the Hall, SCTV, Rush, Neve Campbell, Canadian Bacon... Man I could go on.

But yeah, even asking someone about their costume can lead to long conversations & even longer friendships.

11. Darth_Shaun

May 24, 2002
    not to mention the Degrassi series!

I am pretty easy to talk to myself so I was hoping to hear that others would be like that as well.

12. craigrr

Jun 8, 1999
    Forgot about DeGrassi. There's also 'You Can't Do that on Television'. For some reason, I had a crush on Moose. Oops, did I say that out loud?

I don't recall having a bad run-in with anyone. Now if only we had the Flying Pig to entertain us while we wait in those lines...

13. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    And don't forget Canada gave us some of the greatest from Saturday Night Live.

14. Darth_Shaun

May 24, 2002
    Okay Canada is a great country with great TV shows, sports, beer and comedians.

But aside from that, we love our Star Wars! Keeps those winter days in perspective when you see planet Hoth.

15. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    Hey Darth_Shaun,

I made alot of friends just standing in lines and stuff.

That is how I found out about the TFN boards.

If you wear a name tag with your scrren name it really helps others who know you from the boards to identify you.

Believe it or not 4 days may not be enough!!

See you there.

btw... Nice Icon!! [face_devil]

16. Darth_Shaun

May 24, 2002
    So I should make a nametag then?

17. Arsinoe

Arsinoe Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 1999
    Not to worry Darth Shaun! There will be lots to see and do. I'm sure you'll run into some of us fellow Canadians while you're there. :)

18. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    What will I do at C3?

Buy, buy, buy, buy, take pictures, film/record, buy, film/record, buy, buy, take pictures, film/record, take pictures, buy, take pictures, buy, take pictures, film record . . .

A lot of buying, a lot of taking pictures, a lot of filming/recording and a lot of other great and fun things! My Wife and I will have an incredibly enjoyable time each of the four dates of STAR WARS CELEBRATION III! [face_dancing] :D

STAR WARS CELEBRATION III is getting closer! [face_dancing] :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.